Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

19 minutes ago, LCKathleticsupporter said:

Great hire for Wabash! Happy for Jake and his family, Westfield will be in good hands. Also it would appear many folks are waaaay too concerned at how much money is being paid to someone. I wish I had the time to be that concerned about other folks! Carry on.....

"No time", yet posting on a high school football message board on a weekday morning, lol.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, LCKathleticsupporter said:

Great hire for Wabash! Happy for Jake and his family, Westfield will be in good hands. Also it would appear many folks are waaaay too concerned at how much money is being paid to someone. I wish I had the time to be that concerned about other folks! Carry on.....

If it a private sector salary then it is really nobody's business. But if that salary comes from taxpayer funds then it behooves the public to be vigilant and questioning.

• Like 2

I hope the residents of Brownsburg and Westfield push for the opening of at least one additional high school within their districts if the enrollment projections are that high.   If they are willing to pay for it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, temptation said:

Spoiler alert:  It's not just Westfield. 

Another spoiler alert. Even worse, some people get paid a lot more to throw a ball in a little hoop. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

I hope the residents of Brownsburg and Westfield push for the opening of at least one additional high school within their districts if the enrollment projections are that high.   If they are willing to pay for it.

Highly….unlikely.

They are not shy about wanting to become the next Carmel.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, temptation said:

Highly….unlikely.

Which sport will they win 20+ state championships in a row? Carmel lays claim to swimming. 

10 hours ago, jets said:

$118,000 for being a strength teacher and head football coach?? Sure, property taxes/land values and quality of living cost - I understand all that - but whoa - different world people are living in up in Westfield 

Property tax revenue cannot be used for salaries. A referendum could allow money to be moved from one fund to another, but without that, his pay is based on dollars from the general fund. property tax dollars go into a different "silo", as the State calls it. 

2 hours ago, temptation said:

Do you think the determination whether to build another school is going to be influenced, and to what extent, by the perception that a mega-school, like Carmel, has a greater chance of athletic success? I mean, if it’s really “all about the kids,” doesn’t that favor multiple schools, i.e., more opportunities for participation?

How similar is this situation to the one that Hamilton Southeastern faced years ago … and resolved by building Fishers?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Do you think the determination whether to build another school is going to be influenced, and to what extent, by the perception that a mega-school, like Carmel, has a greater chance of athletic success? I mean, if it’s really “all about the kids,” doesn’t that favor multiple schools, i.e., more opportunities for participation?

How similar is this situation to the one that Hamilton Southeastern faced years ago … and resolved by building Fishers?

You’re talking to the wrong guy here.

I agree with your premise and am actually on board with it.  

PM me if you’d like a detailed explanation for my statement regarding Carmel.

11 hours ago, Bobref said:

I mean, if it’s really “all about the kids,” 

When it comes to athletics, we all know that it's not "all about the kids" in most cases (yes, there are outliers). It's all about the egos. Anyone who thinks differently is just kidding themselves. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, temptation said:

Highly….unlikely.

In Westfield's case, more likely a Freshman Center, such as Carmel and Zionsville have. I've heard that the HSE split in 2006 caused division in the community and that Westfield wants to avoid that. Then again, I've heard from someone that should know that the current super wants a second high school. I suppose time will tell.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2024 at 2:12 PM, Coach Nowlin said:

Just putting this out there:  Gateway in INdiana where this data comes from is ANY MONEY the school corp pays you.   For instance, when I look at my "gateway" number, it is more than the teaching contract with the 2 varsity sports I coach and its stipends.   I do Middle School reffing for my AD, school has to put it on my payroll , which came from central office decision, so be it, but those type of things raises the number on Gateway.   

Just throwing it out there.    

Does that also include the implied value of the "free" faculty parking you get on the fourth row of the student parking lot? :classic_laugh:

Lord, I apologize for that there.

46 minutes ago, WestfieldRocks said:

In Westfield's case, more likely a Freshman Center, such as Carmel and Zionsville have. I've heard that the HSE split in 2006 caused division in the community and that Westfield wants to avoid that. Then again, I've heard from someone that should know that the current super wants a second high school. I suppose time will tell.

I'm all in for a second high school. More opportunities for kids. Think about it, double the number of kids playing in all athletics. I think these large mega schools are a disservice to the community. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WestfieldRocks said:

There are discussions about a 3rd high school in the the SE corner of the county.  I have no idea how serious those are or if its likely to happen.  Geographically it would seem a 3rd school would probably have to be up near Lapel, off of 32 or 38...not much open land anywhere else.  HSE currently has 4 junior high schools, so how those would spread between  3 high schools would be interesing (unless the plan was to also add some Jr high schools or restrucure what they do with grades 5-8.)

Interesting thought problem about Indy Metro athletic confernces....If HSE and Westfield add another high school each in the next decade.....how will that change HCC/MIC/etc?

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=197NFgLcxNzY2NbagYL5uavc3RsRmrmiJ&scrlybrkr=180f3c06&ll=40.015709144062015%2C-85.9691205&z=12

• Like 1