Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Super Bowl LVIII

Bobref

2 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

agree,  get present quickly on sidelines, especially when other teams sidelines, keeps from nonsense happening. 

I believe they also have one guy specifically designated to monitor the line to gain equipment. You know, to make sure no one gets hit in the eye …

🤣😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Less than 40 seconds of total tv time

Less than 2minutes in the entire playoff run of Chiefs

Giselle got the same treatment by the TV producers, who ulitmately are the ones in charge of the camera angles used in all games.   

I attempted to get my daughter Swift tickets for Indy in Nov 24, fell short on lottery, couldn't tell you name of any songs, but could recognize a couple Im sure based on care rides with soon to be 15 year old, so don't think I am a swifty per the rules of Swift fandom.   

This is nothing more than selective outrage and our nations newest click bait anger talking point to fill the internet spaces, I am just hear to show the facts that 30 seconds of TV time is enough to get folks to comment on this site, is just laughable considering the amount of similar shots that were on display for the Gisselle Pats days.....   but now its a problem for folks.   

I think a true concern should be why they let Tony Romo ruin the broadcast for everyone, now that has merit 

Not everyone is outraged coach....just might have different preferences as to the focus on TV during a sporting event.  I am guessing most don't lose an ounce of sleep about it one way or another, but is water cooler talk to many.

At the end of the day, I truly don't care much what other think about it...pro or con.  I just know I turn on a game to watch a game.  Others obviously are seeking more.

We do agree on Tony Romo...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bobref said:

I believe they also have one guy specifically designated to monitor the line to gain equipment. You know, to make sure no one gets hit in the eye …

🤣😂

VITAL part of any game!!

Sadly that was not the most dangerous part of my night, the Halloween party ongoing in the WIRT gym that was being shared with our locker room took that prize.   However, I do remember a couple of Halloween costumes of gals in referree stripes, they were heading into the community bathroom as I was heading out, needless to say, we may have just grabbed all our stuff and took it to the track on our sidelines.  

9 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Not everyone is outraged coach....just might have different preferences as to the focus on TV during a sporting event.  I am guessing most don't lose an ounce of sleep about it one way or another, but is water cooler talk to many.

At the end of the day, I truly don't care much what other think about it...pro or con.  I just know I turn on a game to watch a game.  Others obviously are seeking more.

We do agree on Tony Romo...

I do like water cooler action 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Why yes, somebody who calls themselves "Connors Crusty Socks" is a defacto expert on respect.    Actually it is probably one of your sockpuppets.

You’ll have to ask your wife what I call my sockpuppets 

• Haha 2
  • Disdain 1

On 2/12/2024 at 7:10 PM, Coach Nowlin said:

The whopping 30 some seconds was that crushing for you?  

Literally every Super Bowl has cut aways to celebrities, etc.    There is like only 18 actual minutes of actual football plays on any given NFL game.    

Just sayings

Chiefs defensive improvements throughout the year was really something,  Hats off to now 4 time Super Bowl winning coordinator Steve Spagnola,  master class playoff run 

54. let's be a little more specific....

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

https://fox4kc.com/news/70-of-chiefs-fans-who-suffered-frostbite-at-bitter-cold-playoff-game-need-amputations/

The medical director at the Grossman Burn Center at Research Medical Center says 70% of patients referred for frostbite injuries suffered during the bitter cold in January are now being advised to schedule amputations.

Majority of them are Chiefs fans who attended the team’s frigid playoff game.

Garcia told FOX4 in January she’d already seen dozens of frostbite patients. Many of those were Chiefs fans who attended the playoff game against the Miami Dolphins where it was -4 degrees with a wind chill of -27 degrees at kickoff.

It was the fourth-coldest game in NFL history and coldest in Chiefs franchise history.

HCA Midwest Health shared images of the hand of one fan who took his gloves off for just five minutes in order to put up a tent in the parking lot outside Arrowhead Stadium.

“The patients who had their frostbite injuries along with the Chiefs game, they are just getting to the point now we are starting to discuss their amputations that might be necessary,” Garcia said.

The estimated 30% lucky enough to avoid amputation after undergoing treatment the past few weeks in hyperbaric oxygen tanks will have plenty of reminders of their frostbite injuries.

“It’s still a lifelong process. They’ll have sensitivity and pain for the rest of their lives and always will be more susceptible to frostbite in the future. So we are also educating them to make sure they stay warm for the years and months to come,” Garcia said.

So, loyal fans or sad idiots?