• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/20/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired

14 minutes ago, bigjay said:

I understand that coach Grezenko is moving on from NJSP and I hear is a head coach somewhere else. Good luck coach

What did he teach?  Good luck Coach. 

8 hours ago, Coach Ellenwood said:

What did he teach?  Good luck Coach. 

He was in the elementary, but if you are interested they should still have multiple positions in the jr/sr high open.   Several people in the school left after the school year.  

Edited by Sycamore78

On 6/11/2017 at 10:40 AM, Night Hawk said:

#BringBackHammerinHank

Out of pure principal of the last dance of Jays and Bombers for the foreseeable future, even if its for JUST week 3!!!   

• Upvote 1

I would love to see coach o back on the side lines. The kids would sure have a culture shock. He would hopefully bring back a five man front

On 6/10/2017 at 7:19 PM, Sycamore78 said:

AJ Grezenko former Judsonite who was part of the last sectional championship team for the Jays.  If this is true than Coach White better make a call to Coach Orkis and get the hall of famer on the headset because I believe Coach Grezenko was the only one on staff not named White.  

Better call cousin Brett too.

• Upvote 1

Any word on any assistants coach white is bringing onto his staff?  His staff is very young and inexperienced.  It is just him and his two boys.  With all the success the jays have had over the years, there has to be some old time players that could help out.

• Upvote 1

How have teams looked in their summer scrimmages? Who have you scrimmaged and who has stood out so far? 

• Upvote 2

On 6/16/2017 at 10:09 PM, Fine Print said:

Just saw a tweet saying that Caston's coach Brady Jones has resigned.

On 6/16/2017 at 10:15 PM, Night Hawk said:

They have already hired his replacement.

I see on John Harrell's site that it lists Brian Hooker as the new head coach of the Caston Comets, but I also just saw on the Indiana Department of Education job bank that a "HEAD VARSITY FOOTBALL COACH" position was opened today (6/28/2017) with a close date of 7/05/2017 as a contracted employment opportunity because there are no open teaching positions at this time. So is the position open again?

1 hour ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

I see on John Harrell's site that it lists Brian Hooker as the new head coach of the Caston Comets, but I also just saw on the Indiana Department of Education job bank that a "HEAD VARSITY FOOTBALL COACH" position was opened today (6/28/2017) with a close date of 7/05/2017 as a contracted employment opportunity because there are no open teaching positions at this time. So is the position open again?

I think Coach Hooker is teacher at Rochester.  Maybe they hired him to lead the Zebras?

Val Tsoutsouris from the Rochester Sentinel stated last week on Twitter that Coach Hooker is hired as interim coach and will be reevaluated at the end of the year.  Coach Hooker was the varsity baseball coach for the Zebras for 17 years, and had been a long time assistant for Coach Miller before he retired.

After posting the above post yesterday, Coach Hooker has resigned at Caston, and will take the Rochester Zebras coaching position.  Caston appears to be open again.

• Upvote 1

Pioneer was at Tri-Central scrimmage on Monday.  Offense clicked as expected after going to camp earlier in June, but defense needs coached up with a lot of new faces at new spots.  Overall a solid performance for first scrimmage.

I feel for the Caston players and parents.  Can't be easy going thru the turmoil of uncertainty of coach/scheme so late in the summer.

• Upvote 1

One of the Panther offensive coaches should probably go check out Caston for the season since they also run the wing t. or maybe even a Lewis Cass assistant. what is Caston doing now? Have they still been doing some type of team training? Blue jays went to Griffith on Thursday and scrimmaged them and New Prairie. Seen some good things and still plenty to work on.

19 hours ago, bigjay said:

One of the Panther offensive coaches should probably go check out Caston for the season since they also run the wing t. or maybe even a Lewis Cass assistant. what is Caston doing now? Have they still been doing some type of team training? Blue jays went to Griffith on Thursday and scrimmaged them and New Prairie. Seen some good things and still plenty to work on.

The Russ Radke Bermuda Triangle

• Upvote 4

On 6/30/2017 at 10:37 PM, bigjay said:

One of the Panther offensive coaches should probably go check out Caston for the season since they also run the wing t. or maybe even a Lewis Cass assistant. what is Caston doing now? Have they still been doing some type of team training?

Yes they have still be holding workouts. 4 days a week and twice a day the weightroom is open. We have a strength and conditioning coach on staff. Offensive install is on hold because Coach Hooker was the OC. Defensive install is still happening since DC is still on staff.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, catchcoach24 said:

Yes they have still be holding workouts. 4 days a week and twice a day the weightroom is open. We have a strength and conditioning coach on staff. Offensive install is on hold because Coach Hooker was the OC. Defensive install is still happening since DC is still on staff.

Any teaching openings yet?

On 7/8/2017 at 1:03 PM, catchcoach24 said:

4 times a week, twice a day.  Boys should be jacked up.

With less than 40 days until kickoff, how about some predictions for the 2017 season...

1st:  Pioneer

Doesn't look like anyone will be within a couple of scores this year or the next. 

2nd: Knox

Based on the fact that they have 23 seniors they should be the champions of the runner-up race.

3rd: Winamac

Always have athletes and now they have a state championship winning coach. 

4th: LaVille 

Lost some key players, but Coach  Will Hostrawser clearly has built a winning program. 

5th: Triton

They should have some confidence from the end of last season, looks like they finally got things figured out. 

6th: Culver

Lost a very talented backfield from last season.

7th: North Judson

Not sure what they have coming back, but lost a majority of their linemen.

8th: Caston 

Feel bad for the kids, from the outside looking in it seems as though the administration is looking to end the football program.  

• Upvote 1

1-Pioneer - only once has HNAC opponent ended AT 4 scores since conference started

2- Knox - more depth than rest, year 3 of JH era

3- Culver - OL dominance

4- Triton - QB play

5- Winamac - new sheriff

6- Laville - no more Kerti

7- NJ - no more sandman

8- Caston - transition year

• Upvote 1

Nice to see Triton getting some props.  BUT, we've gone into every season for the last 5 years thinking each would be a much better year than the last.  I'm a huge Trojan fan, but I'm not buying in until I see it happen on the field!  We certainly have the guys and the coaching staff to turn it around this year!  But I'm not getting my hopes up.

• Upvote 1