Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Seeding coming to IHSAA football tournament? A proposal for Class 6A is in the works.

I'm shocked by how much of the vote was against this. Over 70% against??

I'm curious if the IFCA proposal would have been so modest as to just be to "seed #1 and #2 in each 6A sectional" (which are only 4 teams to begin with)....would that have gotten more support than 70%+ against?

36 minutes ago, US31 said:

I'm shocked by how much of the vote was against this. Over 70% against??

I'm curious if the IFCA proposal would have been so modest as to just be to "seed #1 and #2 in each 6A sectional" (which are only 4 teams to begin with)....would that have gotten more support than 70%+ against?

That is a large number…

Man, I despise politics with a passion, but the right wing, extremist, attitude of the IHSAA is very troubling and reeks of the good old boy network. How many out of touch old fools does it take to use just a tad bit of  common sense and seed a tournament? 

• Haha 3

Indiana Interscholastic Athletic Administrators Association board?  The IIAAA?  I have never heard of that group, and to be honest I am not sure how it could be much different than an IHSAA board.  Don't really care to know the difference either.  

There is a quote circulating around social media the last week or so.  Something to the affect of "Schools are being run by the same people who wouldn't dress out for Phys Ed."  Seems appropriate in this case as well. 

• Like 1

We'll now we are back to the point that if we could just put the top 2 teams in each sectional on the opposite sides of the bracket.....isn't this a very small change that everyone could live with?  Keeps "All In"....doesn't add qualification...yet stops a huge chunk of the "travesties" we see posted on social media after the drawing every year. 

Edited by Titan32

As I’ve said before, the IHSAA knows the only way to justify the all-in is to have the random draw. Any seeding, or even putting the top 2 teams on opposites of the bracket, will eventually have people calling for a qualifier once enough complete blowouts happen in Round 1. 

2 hours ago, Komets2727 said:

Man, I despise politics with a passion, but the right wing, extremist, attitude of the IHSAA is very troubling and reeks of the good old boy network. How many out of touch old fools does it take to use just a tad bit of  common sense and seed a tournament? 

PM me. Educate me on the IHSAA having a right wing extremist attitude. 

I too was surprised that 79% of AD's voted against. I would have guessed closer to 50/50. But if we really dig deep, 79% of the programs probably know they're not making a run to state anyway. So maybe the blind draw is a better opportunity for those schools to advance as far as they can. 

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, BTF said:

PM me. Educate me on the IHSAA having a right wing extremist attitude. 

I too was surprised that 79% of AD's voted against. I would have guessed closer to 50/50. But if we really dig deep, 79% of the programs probably know they're not making a run to state anyway. So maybe the blind draw is a better opportunity for those schools to advance as far as they can. 

Exactly. There’s the problem. Schools vote their individual interests. No one is interested in what’s best for Indiana high school football.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Exactly. There’s the problem. Schools vote their individual interests. No one is interested in what’s best for Indiana high school football.

Well said. I keep going back to those Brownsburg kids. I'll run that into the ground for the foreseeable future. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BTF said:

IHSAA calls it "unique," which is laughable. There's a reason only one state does it this way, because it's really kind of stupid. If the Brownsburg/Ben Davis game didn't open eyes, than nothing will. What would Texas, California, Georgia, or Ohio say if they were told, "by the way, the two best teams in the state are going to meet in the first round." They'd declare lunacy. Would these same people who voted against seeding vote for a blind draw for the college football playoff? We all know the answer to that. Kudos to Bob Gaddis for his politically correct response. 

No they wouldn't.  The Texas post-season system while not all-in, does nothing at all to "seed" teams outside of, in the past, putting the two largest of the four "winningest" teams in district in the Division I and the two smallest of the four "winningest" teams in district in the Division II.  They then square off with the next district numerically ... The top two largest teams of the top four "winningest" teams in District 1 square off against the top two  largest teams of the top four "winningest" teams in District 2.  If that produces #1 vs. #2 in the first game, called bi-district, then so be it.  Just the way it is.  You play who you play.  No lunacy, no whining, no nothing ... you just go out and play.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, foxbat said:

No they wouldn't.  The Texas post-season system while not all-in, does nothing at all to "seed" teams outside of, in the past, putting the two largest of the four "winningest" teams in district in the Division I and the two smallest of the four "winningest" teams in district in the Division II.  They then square off with the next district numerically ... The top two largest teams of the top four "winningest" teams in District 1 square off against the top two  largest teams of the top four "winningest" teams in District 2.  If that produces #1 vs. #2 in the first game, called bi-district, then so be it.  Just the way it is.  You play who you play.  No lunacy, no whining, no nothing ... you just go out and play.

Certainly easier to justify when "not all-in." 

Moving forward, let's replace Texas with Alabama. 

The majority of high school AD’s do not have quality or good high school football programs. For those ADs at those schools, it was an easy no brainer vote to turn it down. They prefer the random draw because they do not want to get stuck playing the best seeds and teams each and every year. It’s not right, it’ll be very difficult to ever get past this ancient random draw rule.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Bobref said:

Those dang extremist right wingers!!!!!  😆

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Bobref said:

Once again, I haven’t kept up. Are the right wingers for or against seeding?

I can't imagine it's a right or left thing. If I were to guess, I would say a higher percentage of left wingers would be in favor of the blind draw and a higher percentage of right wingers in favor of seeding. Still waiting for Komets to clarify that one. My first thought is that he messed his post up and meant to say left wingers. Stay tuned. 

2 hours ago, BTF said:

I can't imagine it's a right or left thing. If I were to guess, I would say a higher percentage of left wingers would be in favor of the blind draw and a higher percentage of right wingers in favor of seeding. Still waiting for Komets to clarify that one. My first thought is that he messed his post up and meant to say left wingers. Stay tuned. 

More confused than ever now. 🤪😜

5 hours ago, BTF said:

Alright, I am in the middle of a Bahamas cruise and way too much alcohol so I guess I rattled some cages with my “right wing” comment. I am way too lit to even try and have a normal conversation and the ball and chain is chewing my tail for even being on the “Net”. If the old cronies can’t figure out that it is best to seed the tourney then there is no hope going forward to have a good tournament.  Seeing the best 2 teams playing in the first round is ludicrous. When I sober up in a few days, I will send BTF a PM and tell him where my right wing comment came from. At this point, I ain’t sure…🍺🍺🍺

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

Alright, I am in the middle of a Bahamas cruise and way too much alcohol so I guess I rattled some cages with my “right wing” comment. I am way too lit to even try and have a normal conversation and the ball and chain is chewing my tail for even being on the “Net”. If the old cronies can’t figure out that it is best to seed the tourney then there is no hope going forward to have a good tournament.  Seeing the best 2 teams playing in the first round is ludicrous. When I sober up in a few days, I will send BTF a PM and tell him where my right wing comment came from. At this point, I ain’t sure…🍺🍺🍺

no no no

don't wait to sober up, lets here the hot takes

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, Indiana Fan said:

The majority of high school AD’s do not have quality or good high school football programs. For those ADs at those schools, it was an easy no brainer vote to turn it down. They prefer the random draw because they do not want to get stuck playing the best seeds and teams each and every year. It’s not right, it’ll be very difficult to ever get past this ancient random draw rule.

So that really says something about the overall quality of Indiana High School football.

2 hours ago, Rodney said:

no no no

don't wait to sober up, lets here the hot takes

I seem to rattle enough cages when I am halfway sober, really don’t want to get myself censored or banned with right wing or left wing comments… That damn turkey has no wings now!!!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

I seem to rattle enough cages when I am halfway sober, really don’t want to get myself censored or banned with right wing or left wing comments… That damn turkey has no wings now!!!

Relish in the thought that these people will entertain your ideas no matter how ridiculous

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Komets2727 said:

Here I'll lube em up for u

Right wingers could see the whole picture much clearer if they could ever take their eyes off their sisters

Left wingers are a bunch of hypocritical closet racists that will believe any sob story you tell them

Libertarians stand for nothing, and despite all their yapping accomplish much of the same

The only politician out there who tells it like it is is vermin supreme #iwantApony

Edited by Rodney
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1