• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

Head Coach Openings 2017   10/17/2016

Frankton: Randy England  Bobby Ryan Promoted  Franklin Community:  Adam Reese  Chris Coll hired from Tri-West Martinsville: Brad Rose  Carter Whitson Hired  Lake Central: Brett St. Germain Tony Bartolomeo Promoted South Bend Clay: Craig Redman  Will Porter Hired from South Vermilion  Boone Grove:  Tony Tinkel   Dan Kukulski Promoted  Mooresville:  Chad Dockery Mike Gillin hired from Indian Creek Wood Memorial:  Caleb Cherry/Archer  Bret Kramer Hired Tippecanoe Valley:  Shriver/Norris   Stephen Moriarty  Hired Corydon Central:  Andrew Smith    Aaron Humphrey Hired Calumet New Tech:  Rik Richards  Rick Good Hired  Winamac:  Tim Roth Craig Barr Hired   Tri-West: Chris Coll Tyler Bruce Promoted North Central (Indy): Kevin Kreinhagen Kevin O'Shea hired from Lafayette Central Catholic Indy Chatard:  Vince Lorenzano Rob Doyle Promoted Paoli: Brian Balsmeyer Jeremy Lowery Promoted Mt. Vernon (Fortville): Doug Armstrong  Neil Kazmierczak  Hired from Lebanon  Bluffton: Randy Hudgins Brett Kunkel Hired Indian Creek: Mike Gillin Brett Cooper Hired Vincennes Lincoln:  Jon Heiden  Levi Salters Promoted  Frankfort:  Joel Sienicki Eric Davis Hired from Tri-County South Vermillion:  Will Porter  Greg Barrett hired from North Putnam Riverton Parke:  Jake Weber Brad Sanders Promoted Elkhart Central:  Levon Johnson Josh Shattuck hired from Seymour Mt. Vernon (Posey) Paul Meirer Cory Brunson hired from Evansville Harrison Richmond:  Matt Holeva  Abe Tawfeek hired from Indy Northwest Lebanon:    Neil Kazmierczak Jeff Smock Hired North White:  Jim Davis Kirk Quasebarth Promoted  North Posey:   Paul Rynkiewich  Waylon Schenk hired from Princeton  Pike Central:  Dustin Powell   Erik Mattingly Hired  John Glenn:  Damon Groves Austin Faust Promoted North Putnam:  Greg Barrett Sam Carnes Hired  Lafayette Central Catholic: Kevin O'Shea Don Coller Promoted  Evansville Harrison: Cory Brunson Lane Oxley Hired Indianapolis Roncalli:  Bruce Scifres Scott Marsh Promoted  Anderson Prep Academy: Jeffrey Dorman Randy Albano Hired Princeton:   Waylon Schenk   Jared Maners Hired Ft. Wayne North:  Mike Cochran Michael Brevard Hired Turkey Run:  Steve Stewart Bruce Scaggs Hired Indianapolis Northwest:   Abe Tawfeek Jonas Williams Promoted Tri-County:  Eric Davis  Sam Zachary Hired Carroll Community:  Mark Brown Kevin Sayler Promoted  Oldenburg Academy:  Wes Gillman  Union County:  Rusty Hensley Joel Hofmann promoted Edgewood: Jerry Bland Brian Rosenburg Hired Seymour:  Josh Shattuck  Michael Kelly Hired Wawasee:  Josh Ekovich Michael Eshbach hired from Eastside Muncie Central:  Adam Morris Scott Pethtel Hired Benton Central:  Ed Roberson  Mike Hammons  Promoted  Western:  Ron Jankovich Alex Stewart Hired New Castle:  Will Ragle  Kyle York Hired Sullivan:  Trent Olson Blaine Powell promoted Northwestern:  Alex Stewart Steve Disler hired  Clinton Central:  Isaac Sturgis Justin Gardiner Hired North Miami:  Mark Lefebvre  Joe Grant Hired from Rochester Spring Valley Justin Scheller Mark Hammond Hired  Edinburgh:  Derrick Ball  Jason Burton Hired Eastside: Michael Eshbach Steve Cooley promoted Rochester: Joe Grant Brian Hooker Hired Cloverdale: Tony Meyer Tom Winder Promoted Hammond Clark: Eric Schreiber  Hammond Noll:  Colin McCullough  Wayne Racine hired Lake Station:  Adam Hudak   South Central:  Eric Stephens Buzz Schoff Hired  Caston:  Brady Jones  Tony Slocum Promoted  
Sign in to follow this  
Footballking16

Kevin Wilson

Footballking16    568

Well, some of you got your wish. IU will announce at 6pm its decision to fire Kevin Wilson. Story will be updated but I'm assuming it has to be something off the field related. IU just signed him to a 6 year extension last year, and IU just capped off it's most successful back to back seasons in the last 25 years. Truly unbelievable.

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2016/12/01/sources-iu-dismiss-football-coach-kevin-wilson/94744824/

Muda69    3,073

Things that make you go "Hmmmmm".

• Upvote 1

Coach Nowlin    2,583

WOW!!!   Yea something has to be a brewing 

And if it was for Cause then they don't have to pay the 5 years I am assuming.   

Unless they feel they can land Brian Kelly :)

CGFan2017    106

I've been reading that he was treating injured players poorly. 

Coach Nowlin    2,583

Smells like the Tim Beckham situation at Illinois a couple of years ago

bobref    2,746

Tom Allen, new coach of the Hoosiers.

Coach Nowlin    2,583

Remember DT say that he was worthless at Ben Davis and wouldn't amount to anything and how Ben Davis was short sighted in hiring Tom Allen ......yea good times 

• Upvote 2

komets3001    93

Heard some things a few weeks ago about this but decided to keep this off the boards until it came down. While some are going to say this was strictly for "other reasons" that would not be true. While the apologists will say what they will, there was some discontent from administration to Wilson with the performance this year.

• Upvote 1

Irishman    1,640
1 hour ago, bobref said:

Tom Allen, new coach of the Hoosiers.

You called it....nice job. Already named him as the new coach, no interim tag. 

Dan Jones    110

High school head coach for 3 years and 2 years as a D-coordinator in college.

And now the head coach of a Big 10 football program.

I'd have to think a few current Indiana HS head coaches will be linked (and could end up) down in Bloomington to be on the staff.  Not hard to figure out who those could be.

Irishman    1,640

I am not at all impressed with Glass' explanation in this press conference. He seems to have contradicted himself a few times. 

• Upvote 1

GB4    122
3 minutes ago, Irishman said:

I am not at all impressed with Glass' explanation in this press conference. He seems to have contradicted himself a few times. 

A few times he said Wilson resigned and then Glass would say that "I had to make this move". I am not sure which is true but it has been very confusing. I would like to know what the "Philosophical differences" are.

GB 

• Upvote 1

Irishman    1,640

He repeatedly stated this was not a medical or injury related issue, but it was about "leadership". He then states there were concerns he had about how Wilson was leading the program, and had discussed them with him, but then signs him to a 6 year extension? Chuck Long had a great question after the press conference. How is it that after 6 years you are STILL not on the same page?

• Upvote 1

GB4    122
2 minutes ago, Irishman said:

He repeatedly stated this was not a medical or injury related issue, but it was about "leadership". He then states there were concerns he had about how Wilson was leading the program, and had discussed them with him, but then signs him to a 6 year extension? Chuck Long had a great question after the press conference. How is it that after 6 years you are STILL not on the same page?

Exactly.

Also former IU player and current NFL Network contributor Rhett Lewis mentioned Glass did say Tom Allen was "Demanding not Demeaning" which could be very telling. I missed him saying that.

GB 

Irishman    1,640

The other thing that does not add up, is why resign? While Glass said there was no smoking gun, something does not add up. As I said, why resign, and then, why only agree to one year's salary to do so, when you are entitled to the remaining 5 years?

• Upvote 2

bobref    2,746
14 minutes ago, Irishman said:

The other thing that does not add up, is why resign? While Glass said there was no smoking gun, something does not add up. As I said, why resign, and then, why only agree to one year's salary to do so, when you are entitled to the remaining 5 years?

Makes you wonder if there wasn't some substance to the notion that he faced being let go "for cause," which most likely would have relieved IU of any further obligation to pay him. This could very well represent a compromise.

Footballking16    568

If what I read was correct, Wilson walked away from his $12mil buyout but a compromise was reached and he was awarded $540k which was the remainder of his salary for this year. That doesn't add up?

Reading between the lines, I'm guessing there was more to what has been reported and whatever potentially is out there could be damning to Wilson and/or IU. One has to wonder if Wilson resigned to save face for a potential job down the road. You just don't walk away from $12mil like that.

• Upvote 2

Lebowski    1,630
3 hours ago, komets3001 said:

Heard some things a few weeks ago about this but decided to keep this off the boards until it came down. While some are going to say this was strictly for "other reasons" that would not be true. While the apologists will say what they will, there was some discontent from administration to Wilson with the performance this year.

^THIS!

1 hour ago, Footballking16 said:

If what I read was correct, Wilson walked away from his $12mil buyout but a compromise was reached and he was awarded $540k which was the remainder of his salary for this year. That doesn't add up?

Reading between the lines, I'm guessing there was more to what has been reported and whatever potentially is out there could be damning to Wilson and/or IU. One has to wonder if Wilson resigned to save face for a potential job down the road. You just don't walk away from $12mil like that.

Well, you do the math if it doesn't add up.  It's quite possible Fred Glass had him on a short leash this season.  It's what most folks in the real world do when an employee isn't performing to expectation.

• Downvote 2

Footballking16    568
4 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

^THIS!

Well, you do the math if it doesn't add up.  It's quite possible Fred Glass had him on a short leash this season.  It's what most folks in the real world do when an employee isn't performing to expectation.

There's zero percent chance this was success related. What AD gives a coach a 6 yr/$13 mil raise and fires him the next year for going to back to back bowl games for the first time in 25 years and who beats their rivals for the 4th consecutive year for the first time in 70 year? Not to mention he had a $12 mil buyout had he been fired.

Something obviously happened and/or someone was theatening to sue or go public with information that could potential be damning to IU if Wilson was still on staff. Wilson wasn't fired, he resigned thus didn't receive his $12 mil buyout. 

Lebowski    1,630
15 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

There's zero percent chance this was success related. What AD gives a coach a 6 yr/$13 mil raise and fires him the next year for going to back to back bowl games for the first time in 25 years and who beats their rivals for the 4th consecutive year for the first time in 70 year? Not to mention he had a $12 mil buyout had he been fired.

Something obviously happened and/or someone was theatening to sue or go public with information that could potential be damning to IU if Wilson was still on staff. Wilson wasn't fired, he resigned thus didn't receive his $12 mil buyout. 

There's a 99.9% chance that you don't know the percentages.  It really doesn't matter what or how in the grand scheme of things.  He's gone.  It's actually a good thing for the program.  You can either get on this train or not.  Either way, the Dude doesn't care what you do.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Footballking16    568
35 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

There's a 99.9% chance that you don't know the percentages.  It really doesn't matter what or how in the grand scheme of things.  He's gone.  It's actually a good thing for the program.  You can either get on this train or not.  Either way, the Dude doesn't care what you do.

I'll always support IU football no matter what. And if the things that are being reported are true, I agree 100% with IU's decision to part ways with Wilson.

I'm just pointing out that on-field production is not the reason why he is no longer the coach at IU. He resigned, he wasn't terminated. No AD in the world was going to award a coach that kind of raise with that kind of buyout if he was on a short leash that you have alleged. That's simple business practice 101. 

Edited by Footballking16

DuggerUnion    30

I for one would like to say congratulations coach Allen! Good luck to coach Wilson, and let's get past this and keeping moving forward!

MuleDriver    118

I grew up in a family of hunters. Lots of hunting dogs and the hunting culture. Wilson's demeanor and intellect always reminded me of the type of  hunters that overworked their dogs and did not respect them and mistreated them .  The accusations I have researched online fit that persona pretty well. One of   my best friends has a cousin in Oklahoma and he is a huge sooner fan. Says he never liked Wilson when he was a coach there.   When you endanger your athletes like hunting dogs I really don't care if you ever find work again  .  Totally unprofessional! Don't let the door hit your $%% on the way out .

komets3001    93

Look, the deal is easy to see. Wilson could get fired for just cause and not collect one penny of his guaranteed 6 year contract and let everyone know of the misdeeds that occurred or he could "resign" and get one years severance pay.   Again, the apologists will have you believe that Wilson left on his own accord, that could not be further from the truth. Wilson was terrible and with potential lawsuits laying at the doorstep of Indiana he was forced out. The biggest clue for all you Wilson fans out there should be that NOBODY will be pounding at his door with a head coach job anytime soon. 

5 hours ago, Irishman said:

Again, what Glass gave everyone was the sugarcoated version. There is plenty of dirt that will eventually come out....

• Upvote 1