Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

2024 Turf and Beyond

On 3/22/2024 at 8:31 AM, Muda69 said:

<insert deity here> forbid that teams would have to adapt to differing field conditions.

It's fun to watch as a fan, but the best team doesn't always win in that scenario. I'll take the turf. 

As a taxpayer, I'm all for anything that improves the high school experience for young people. If that means the band gets to perform on a 1.5 million turf field instead of the mud, then I'm all in. The reason many people gripe about taxes is because it takes away from things like their  $150 North Face jacket when they could buy an off brand for $40 that's probably just as good in quality. God forbid if you can't afford to go out and enjoy dinner for two for $100. Go to Applebee's instead. Sure it's less trendy and you're not going to impress your peers while they are out at St. Elmo's, but at least you'll have more money in your pocket for things that are a bit more important. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BTF said:

It's fun to watch as a fan, but the best team doesn't always win in that scenario. I'll take the turf. 

As a taxpayer, I'm all for anything that improves the high school experience for young people. If that means the band gets to perform on a 1.5 million turf field instead of the mud, then I'm all in. The reason many people gripe about taxes is because it takes away from things like their  $150 North Face jacket when they could buy an off brand for $40 that's probably just as good in quality. God forbid if you can't afford to go out and enjoy dinner for two for $100. Go to Applebee's instead. Sure it's less trendy and you're not going to impress your peers while they are out at St. Elmo's, but at least you'll have more money in your pocket for things that are a bit more important. 

I dont think you been to an Applebee's lately....🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, BTF said:

As a taxpayer, I'm all for anything that improves the high school experience for young people.

Then you are welcome to pay my taxes for me.   How many more tax burdens are you willing to take on?

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Then you are welcome to pay my taxes for me.   How many more tax burdens are you willing to take on?

Your first sentence leads one way and your second sentence leads the other. You must be an independent. 

Seriously. I do think there's a correlation between taxes and quality of life. Sometimes for better, sometimes for worse. But I'll never skimp when it comes to our high schools. Professional sports take take a hike. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WWFan said:

I dont think you been to an Applebee's lately....🤣

Well, a couple of years ago the Applebee's in Kendallville ranked #1 in the world............just sayin. Personally? I'm more of a Crickets (Auburn) or Laycoff's (Fort Wayne) kind of a guy. 

On 3/23/2024 at 6:51 PM, Muda69 said:

oh yeah...when I am filing my taxes each year, I fixate on that local tax....that one's the killer!!!! 

Seriously, my beef with taxes is the feds....I appreciate not paying additional taxes across the board and not a fan of rising property tax...but the vast majority of my tax dollars isn't consumed at the local level.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

oh yeah...when I am filing my taxes each year, I fixate on that local tax....that one's the killer!!!! 

Seriously, my beef with taxes is the feds....I appreciate not paying additional taxes across the board and not a fan of rising property tax...but the vast majority of my tax dollars isn't consumed at the local level.

So federal tax dollars are being used to build high school turf fields?  That is news to me.

5 minutes ago, Bash Riprock said:

Never said that at all....just stating that I'm far more concerned about the size of my federal taxes than I am of my local tax.  Far more....

And I never stated that you said that.  Just asking the question.  

I'm concerned about all the taxes I pay; local, state, and federal.   

5 hours ago, Muda69 said:

Thank you.  Waste in government education is an important issue.

First turf fields are unsafe and now they are a waste of taxpayer funds....

I am beginning to think you have personal investments tied up in the sod, grass seed, fertilizer and weed killer businesses.....😉