Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

SIAC 2024

14 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

Give me the best version of S32 or give me death!

I just puked in my mouth a little bit.  I Like the name "30" better.  "32" is already taken LOL.

Edited by Titan32
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, TigerFan20 said:

And just like that, the first unofficial practices began next month

Wild. Spring workouts and camps will begin ramping up and summer ball will be here before we know it!

Were you going to put out a '24 preview or returning player report? 

3 hours ago, Football Fanatic said:

Wild. Spring workouts and camps will begin ramping up and summer ball will be here before we know it!

Were you going to put out a '24 preview or returning player report? 

The returning player will be released within the next 2 weeks. Ended up getting pretty busy with other stuff haha. ‘24 preview will come out around early summertime.

1 hour ago, TigerFan20 said:

Official Classification update:

Memorial back down to 3A (NOT ENOUGH Success Factor)

Mater Dei up to 3A (enrollment)

Fixed it.

• Thanks 1

The only way GS, VL, HH, EM, PCHS, SR, MV & MD (listed by enrollment) aren't in the same Sectional is if there is some serious monkey business going on at the IHSAA. Adding Memorial and MD makes an obvious 8 team group in SWIN. Will be a tough, tough Sectional. Princeton is gonna have to burn a lot of boats...

Interesting that GS could very well be 4A next time around as they are 30 or so from the top of 3A. MD is less than 10 from the 2A cut-off, so they could potentially bounce down next time around.  

17 hours ago, tango said:

The only way GS, VL, HH, EM, PCHS, SR, MV & MD (listed by enrollment) aren't in the same Sectional is if there is some serious monkey business going on at the IHSAA. Adding Memorial and MD makes an obvious 8 team group in SWIN. Will be a tough, tough Sectional. Princeton is gonna have to burn a lot of boats...

Interesting that GS could very well be 4A next time around as they are 30 or so from the top of 3A. MD is less than 10 from the 2A cut-off, so they could potentially bounce down next time around.  

The southwestern sectional set-up that you mentioned makes to much sense for the IHSAA to actually do this set-up. The IHSAA will try to complicate the sectional alignments! 

Hopefully Sectional 32 comes back to its original roots, this would be a fun sectional to see:

Memorial

Gibson Southern

Heritage Hills

Mt. Vernon

Vincennes Lincoln 

Princeton

Mater Dei

I did see Salem and Pike Central move down to 2A opening up a spot each in S30 and S32

On 4/2/2024 at 3:51 PM, tango said:

GS will likely be 4A next cycle.

4 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

GS will likely be 4A next cycle.

With Boonville and now Washington already there. South Spencer, Forest Park dropping to 1A and Pike to 2A - I think maybe the PAC should split permanently.

Maybe even call up SR to the big leagues, unless they are hell bent on padding the trophy case. 

On 4/2/2024 at 4:51 PM, tango said:

Ok I’ll stoke that fire…you Tiger fans better be careful what you are asking for in regards to this sectional. I know the Tigers have been uber successful the past 15 years or so- but a sectional such as this could put an end to such success real quick . Just saying…

39 minutes ago, oldtimeqb said:

With Boonville and now Washington already there. South Spencer, Forest Park dropping to 1A and Pike to 2A - I think maybe the PAC should split permanently.

Maybe even call up SR to the big leagues, unless they are hell bent on padding the trophy case. 

The realignment of the PAC had very minimal effect on our schedule- minus shuffling a few teams around to certain weeks. We play all the important players in the PAC (traditionally) anyway- so who cares what “division” we are in…we certainly don’t I can promise you that. 

• Haha 1

I don't recall anyone making any predictions, other than the Sectional will be very, very tough. I think we know enough to not presume anything. If that's the group, HH will be the favorite without question. 

On 2/6/2024 at 12:51 PM, Football Fanatic said:

Big time commit. Thought he would wait a little longer but can't go wrong with NIU!

A little update on his offers:

Texas Tech

Cal-Berkeley 

Cincinnati 

Boston College 

Patterson is officially a 3 star on 247

Leach also became a 3 star too with a couple of more MAC offers

1 hour ago, Sidelined56 said:

If the seeding of the Sectional Tournament becomes a thing, what will happen with conference play?

Hypothetically speaking of course!

There were some talks about divisions when the Expansion happened back in 2020. But it seemed like it was better have 12 teams in it instead of 10. But this is what it would look like with 10:

3 non-conf

5 Conference games (Week 8 are protected rivalry games)

Week 9 would be championship week (both seeds in their respected division play each other)

That was one scenario for it, there is a better explanation somewhere in the previous SIAC threads.

27 minutes ago, TigerFan20 said:

Courtesy of @eschnur66:

image.thumb.png.cd23d61d5161550604a2e54c497e93e1.png

This was the pipe dream of the SIAC years ago when the Big-8 folded. 

If IHSAA requires a seeded format for sectional play, one would think each team will have to play the other teams in their respective sectionals. 

That would make 7 games from your sectional and 2 non-sectional games. 

Also, can the season move to 10 games? 

Thoughts? 

36 minutes ago, Sidelined56 said:

This was the pipe dream of the SIAC years ago when the Big-8 folded. 

If IHSAA requires a seeded format for sectional play, one would think each team will have to play the other teams in their respective sectionals. 

That would make 7 games from your sectional and 2 non-sectional games. 

Also, can the season move to 10 games? 

Thoughts? 

I don't know that this is true.  Seeding itself would not cause conferences to break up. 

A playoff qualifying proposal would though, IMO. 

Last year's 2-7 Mater Dei team may not have qualified, but were a 12th man on the field away from competing for a deep playoff run. 

On 4/2/2024 at 4:51 PM, tango said:

Also, I will add that the IHSAA has shown before that they will consider "competitive balance" and not just geography when determining sectionals ...in our own wrestling sectional Floyd Central and New Albany were both added (driving right past Jeffersonville, which is 10 minutes away) in order to try and even out the competition. 

Take that for what it is worth 

• Like 2