Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

Bears 2024

Muda69

14 hours ago, temptation said:

Nah, however…

McCarthy or pink iPhone, painted nails, diva?

One is a safer/better long term pick than the other.

I am not anti-McCarthy...just discussing if the Rose Bowl (single game) was enough to vault him higher up the draft.

I am with you on Williams...that is why my earlier comments about him to another member questioned his leadership abilities.  When SC lost to Washington and he went over and cried to his parents in the stands, that did not capture the essence of leadership...as least for me.

3 hours ago, temptation said:

Williams has a much higher ceiling but also has a much lower floor...

I’m uncertain how he’s going to respond to … taking a substantial pay cut. 😂

58 minutes ago, Bobref said:

I’m uncertain how he’s going to respond to … taking a substantial pay cut. 😂

I mean as a Notre Dame AND Bears fan, I can see where it'd be damn near impossible to root for the guy.

2 hours ago, temptation said:

I mean as a Notre Dame AND Bears fan, I can see where it'd be damn near impossible to root for the guy.

If I can root for Tom Brady, I can root for a USC guy … if he doesn’t turn out to be a jackass. But the early signs are not encouraging.

PLEASE just click the link, and follow the thread.    

We've hit the point of NFL off season where boredom sets in and now we are concerned on how a young man sought comfort after a tough loss on an athletic field?   What color his phone case is??  

My goodness......

@Bash Riprock  You must of really hated Romeo Langford in his 1 year at IU.....you know hanging out with his parents in the stands after losses, cannot confirm if tears were shown or not however.  

Going to be a long 24 days for some of you 

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

We've hit the point of NFL off season where boredom sets in and now we are concerned on how a young man sought comfort after a tough loss on an athletic field?   What color his phone case is??  

My goodness......

@Bash Riprock  You must of really hated Romeo Langford in his 1 year at IU.....you know hanging out with his parents in the stands after losses, cannot confirm if tears were shown or not however.  

Finally some sanity in this thread. At this point Bob is convinced Rich Mirer will have had a better NFL career than Williams will end up having.

9 hours ago, Boilernation said:

Finally some sanity in this thread. At this point Bob is convinced Rich Mirer will have had a better NFL career than Williams will end up having.

About 50% of QBs drafted in the 1st round never amount to much, so I could have just flipped a coin. For every Peyton Manning, there’s a Ryan Leaf.

2 hours ago, Bobref said:

About 50% of QBs drafted in the 1st round never amount to much, so I could have just flipped a coin. For every Peyton Manning, there’s a Ryan Leaf.

For every C.J. Stroud, there's an Anthony Richardson

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

My goodness......

Not sure Romeo Langford is the flex/example you want to use to make your point here, lol.

Was halfway joking about the nails/iPhone example but the guy is a ME first guy and there is no denying that at this point unless your head is in the sand.

Edited by temptation

20 minutes ago, temptation said:

Not sure Romeo Langford is the flex/example you want to use to make your point here, lol.

Was halfway joking about the nails/iPhone example but the guy is a ME first guy and there is no denying that at this point unless your head is in the sand.

What coach/teammate has actually said this from USC?   NFL is the largest entity in sports...no denying its power WORLD wide, those who are paid to cover the NFL also have to generate stories, especially at this time of year, so seems like you like others are falling into that clickbait boredom manufactured stories that are dime a dozen right now.   But like I said, hopefully you actually clicked the link I provided and thread and saw the SANITY in that vs the latter.  

"flex". no flex, just drawing parallelism of an NCAA athlete and how they have acted after games......So as I tagged my buddy there, big IU guy, so assumed he was also put off by how Romeo acted after losses, which I would argue was more egregious because he didn't care, seemed like Caleb cared a lot from a far in that moment.   

Why do we expect athletes to do act like robots??   

12 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

What coach/teammate has actually said this from USC?   NFL is the largest entity in sports...no denying its power WORLD wide, those who are paid to cover the NFL also have to generate stories, especially at this time of year, so seems like you like others are falling into that clickbait boredom manufactured stories that are dime a dozen right now.   But like I said, hopefully you actually clicked the link I provided and thread and saw the SANITY in that vs the latter.  

"flex". no flex, just drawing parallelism of an NCAA athlete and how they have acted after games......So as I tagged my buddy there, big IU guy, so assumed he was also put off by how Romeo acted after losses, which I would argue was more egregious because he didn't care, seemed like Caleb cared a lot from a far in that moment.   

Nah, to be honest I don't even watch much NFL.  Saw plenty of Williams in college to make an informed opinion.

Painting curse words on his fingernails, sitting emotionless on the sidelines during the 4th quarter of a game in which his defense is on the field with the game on the line, daddy wanting a slice of ownership in whatever team drafts him, etc...

Just a few examples that don't scream "long term winner" to me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

All I needed to read. 

Thanks 

Ah, yes.  Because in order to assess a college player’s character, you must be an avid NFL fan, lol.

Great logic there.

Just come out and say it.  The Bears have showed their hand and are drafting Williams and as a Bears fan, your blind loyalty is hoping it works out.

Fans, including myself are biased and hopeful.  I’ll give you a pass.

I mean, the Bears have only missed on quarterbacks for 4 decades now, certainly this will be the one that breaks the streak…so ironic you brought up McMahon since he was the last solid Chicago QB, lol.

17 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

My goodness......

Coach...no hatred for anyone, let alone a player that cries to his parents in the stands when they lose.  Just not sure its the best way to show leadership and grab control of a locker room.....in the case of the NFL.....a locker room full of men.

Perhaps that's where the painted nails come in.......😉

Edited by Bash Riprock

3 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Who's expecting a player to act like a robot?  Kind of extreme response.  I am sure there are countless examples of players emotional in a locker room together.  But how many of the great NFL QB's have you seen lose it in the stands with their parents when the outcome of a game didn't go the way they wanted...in their final year of college?  Instead of going to Mommy and Daddy, why not get with your teammates and go through the disappointment together?  How about focusing on your teammates at that time?  To me, that's the behavior of a leader...someone that put others before himself.  But hey, we don't need to have the same expected traits of a leader....

1 hour ago, temptation said:

Never left this position, had this body language as Utah drove the field to kick the game winning FG.

”Leadership.”

IMG_2315.jpeg

I could picture Brady doing the same in a Patriot uniform. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, temptation said:

daddy wanting a slice of ownership in whatever team drafts him, etc...

They got you too? That's a shame. Everyone who has a voice at USC has said his dad was never an issue and was pretty much never seen in their facilities. All he did was ask an agen if it was possible to get a slice of ownership. Is that really that bad? He made no demands. 

Edited by Boilernation
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Boilernation said:

They got you too? That's a shame. Everyone who has a voice at USC has said his dad was never an issue and was pretty much never seen in their facilities. All he did was ask an agen if it was possible to get a slice of ownership. Is that really that bad? He made no demands. 

Eh, I said what I said.

Where there is smoke, there is usually fire.

In an NFL locker room, their are LEADERS, not 1 sole entity, yes, the QB is the lead voice on the offensive side of the ball, no denying that, its just incredible that some of you want to cherry pick media narratives to drive home your narrative that a player who has won an Heisman while playing the position of QB is going to fail as a leader in the NFL because he sat pissed off on the bench, he showed emotion in the stands with his family and has chosen different fashion choices with finger paint and phone cases........

5 hours ago, temptation said:

Eh, I said what I said.

Where there is smoke, there is usually fire.

Except for Michigan sign stealing drama.  lots of smoke, no fires.   

8 hours ago, Bash Riprock said:

Who's expecting a player to act like a robot?  Kind of extreme response.  I am sure there are countless examples of players emotional in a locker room together.  But how many of the great NFL QB's have you seen lose it in the stands with their parents when the outcome of a game didn't go the way they wanted...in their final year of college?  Instead of going to Mommy and Daddy, why not get with your teammates and go through the disappointment together?  How about focusing on your teammates at that time?  To me, that's the behavior of a leader...someone that put others before himself.  But hey, we don't need to have the same expected traits of a leader....

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/uscs-caleb-williams-hopes-viral-video-of-him-crying-helped-spread-awareness-for-mental-health/#:~:text=Following the 52-42 loss,a positive impact on others.

USC's loss to Washington last weekend was an emotional one for Trojans quarterback Caleb Williams. Following the 52-42 loss to the Huskies, Williams found his mother in the stands and cried as she comforted him.

That moment has garnered a lot of attention over the last week, and Williams hoped it had a positive impact on others. On Wednesday, Williams spoke to reporters and said he is an advocate for mental health and wanted to be his "authentic" self.

"Me doing just what I did on Saturday, even though it was far from what I was trying to do or anything like that, it showed and spread that awareness that I may talk about when I don't have tears in my eyes," Williams said, per USCFootball.com. "It just shows truth and what I speak ... Being authentic is important."

Williams also noted the loss really stung because of how badly he wanted to get a big win for his teammates.

"That's who I am," Williams said. "That's just simply who I am ...That was raw emotion. Being human. Being myself. Someone that cares about this team, these guys and winning especially."

https://www.nbcsportschicago.com/nfl/chicago-bears/bears-analysis/ex-nfl-star-gerald-mccoy-has-powerful-message-for-critics-of-caleb-williams-crying/540535/?amp=1

Gerald McCoy has earned to speak with his NFL career in my eyes:  

"People question why he's crying after games. People who question Caleb Williams crying after games or an athlete crying after games have never worked extremely hard for anything," McCoy, now an analyst for NFL Network, told NBC Sports Chicago at Radio Row for Super Bowl 58. "You have no idea the hours as athletes that we put in. Everybody handles stuff differently. He's showing passion. You mean to tell me you're questioning his toughness or what he is because he chooses to deal with loss by going to talk to his mom?! Because he's going to cry?! You know how many people cry to their moms behind closed doors? They just don't do it on camera. He's Caleb Williams. He's always on camera. There's a lot of athletes that you guys will be surprised to do a lot of crying in the locker room.

"So don't question his toughness because he's crying after losing. We put a lot into this sport, a lot more than just our bodies. So his passion and who he is as a person, if that's why you wouldn't pick him or want him as your leader, alright whatever. Then I don't want you as a fan anyway. Caleb is one of those guys.”

YEA, What a LOSER, BABY, POOR LEADER.....

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

of course, there is that as an outcome, he doesn't perform well, doesn't win, is a headache

Then there is the other, which is positive outcomes

That can be literally added to every single top draft pick especially QB in the last 20 years.  Nothing ground breaking there