Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

New Football Classifications

3 hours ago, PHJIrish said:

Cathedral will forever be 6A, and that's OK.  The Irish play wherever they're placed.

Agree. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if Snider continues to join them. 

3 hours ago, temptation said:

I’ll say it again…poor damn Jeffersonville..one kid.

If the admins at Valpo had a heart, they'd switch spots with them. I mean, I'd at least give Valpo 100:1 0dds to win the whole thing. Where does Jeffersonville sit, 1,000,000:1?

• Haha 1

What is the possibility that Southridge, Heritage Hills, Gibson Southern, Memorial, and Mater Dei all end up in the same sectional?

All of those teams could easily be in the top 10 and maybe even some in top 5 in 3A.  

• Like 1

15 hours ago, qbcoach13 said:

I think this update has Heritage Christian in the 2A sectional, unless I misread, HC is in 3A this time around. 

image.png.f781b58eb973e5a81bd115028f52253e.png

32 minutes ago, HHPatriots said:

What is the possibility that Southridge, Heritage Hills, Gibson Southern, Memorial, and Mater Dei all end up in the same sectional?

All of those teams could easily be in the top 10 and maybe even some in top 5 in 3A.  

I'd say it is the likely scenario. Not sure how the IHSAA could split them up to be honest. Add Mt. Vernon, Princeton & Vincennes Lincoln and that looks to be a Sectional. I would bet the 5 you mention will all easily be in the top 10 of the preseason poll. 

36 minutes ago, GoodKn19ht said:

I think this update has Heritage Christian in the 2A sectional, unless I misread, HC is in 3A this time around. 

image.png.f781b58eb973e5a81bd115028f52253e.png

They have the wrong Heritage. Heritage Christian is 2A with 507 and Heritage is 3A with 616. If you look at the basketball numbers it shows Heritage Christian at 507 and Heritage at 616. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, FarmerFran said:

I noticed the plusses on the IHSAA document said "Schools Eligible for the tournament". Does this mean that all of these teams will participate or just that they have the opportunity to, but might not?

It means at some point in this 2 year cycle they will play in the tournament sponsored by IHSAA.   Sometimes its in year 2, sometimes right away but IHSAA has to have them included as those schools have indicated they are playing 11 man football.    Faith Christian for instance, 1 year of 8 man, year 2 jumping into 11 man this fall, honestly no idea if they are playing tournament this year, but I am sure they will be in 2025

• Like 1

18 hours ago, qbcoach13 said:

Would make more sense to put Lutheran with Indy schools and not two schools on the Ohio River, and then sectional 39 has 7 teams, and not 38, IMO. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, qbcoach13 said:

Unsure as to why the 6A would change how they have been in the past…??? It’s the same schools with additions ones that slot right in in the north. Don’t see IHSAA switching sectionals up that much.

21 hours ago, Indiana Fan said:

Unsure as to why the 6A would change how they have been in the past…??? It’s the same schools with additions ones that slot right in in the north. Don’t see IHSAA switching sectionals up that much.

Agreed completely - slot Harrison into Lafayette Jeff (moved to 5A) spot in Sectional 1 and Snider into Warsaw (moved to 5A) spot in Sectional 2 and then everything else stays the same.

I see 5A shaking out like this

Sectional 9 - no change - Hammond Central, Hammond Morton, Merrillville, Munster
Sectional 10 - no change - Chesterton, LaPorte, Michigan City, Valparaiso
Sectional 11 - put Warsaw in place of Mishawaka (who moved to 4A) - Concord, Goshen, SB Adams, Warsaw
Sectional 12 - many changes - FW North, Kokomo, Lafayette Jeff, McCutcheon

5A South can go a number of different ways. There are 2 outliers that need to be dealt with (Anderson and East Central) and then 6 other pairs that will definitely be together, and they can be combined into a variety of 4-team sectionals. I agree with the way @Indiana Fan has it broken out and imagine Franklin and Whiteland will get combined with Anderson and East Central to make a sectional. Then with the other 12 teams, you could literally do it a number of ways:

Option 1: Decatur Central, Plainfield, TH North, TH South / Bloomington North, Bloomington South, Columbus East, Seymour / Castle, Evansville North, Floyd Central, New Albany (as seen on @Indiana Fan map)
Option 2: Bloomginton North, Bloomington South, Decatur Central, Plainfield / Castle, Evansville North, TH North, TH South / Columbus East, Floyd Central, New Albany, Seymour
Option 3: Decatur Central, Plainfield, TH North, TH South / Bloomington North, Bloomington South, Castle, Evansville North / Columbus East, Floyd Central, New Albany, Seymour

22 hours ago, Indiana Fan said:

It would make sense that the four Fort Wayne schools are clustered together for a sectional, but I think it's a little more complicated than that. The same could be said for the other regions as well. Either way, schools that are close in proximity are going to separated by sectionals in some way shape or form. From a fans perspective, I'd love to see two teams from Fort Wayne get paired up with Indy, and two paired with Elkhart area.