• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

Head Coach Openings 2017   10/17/2016

Frankton: Randy England  Bobby Ryan Promoted  Franklin Community:  Adam Reese  Chris Coll hired from Tri-West Martinsville: Brad Rose  Carter Whitson Hired  Lake Central: Brett St. Germain Tony Bartolomeo Promoted South Bend Clay: Craig Redman  Will Porter Hired from South Vermilion  Boone Grove:  Tony Tinkel   Dan Kukulski Promoted  Mooresville:  Chad Dockery Mike Gillin hired from Indian Creek Wood Memorial:  Caleb Cherry/Archer  Bret Kramer Hired Tippecanoe Valley:  Shriver/Norris   Stephen Moriarty  Hired Corydon Central:  Andrew Smith    Aaron Humphrey Hired Calumet New Tech:  Rik Richards  Rick Good Hired  Winamac:  Tim Roth Craig Barr Hired   Tri-West: Chris Coll Tyler Bruce Promoted North Central (Indy): Kevin Kreinhagen Kevin O'Shea hired from Lafayette Central Catholic Indy Chatard:  Vince Lorenzano Rob Doyle Promoted Paoli: Brian Balsmeyer Jeremy Lowery Promoted Mt. Vernon (Fortville): Doug Armstrong  Neil Kazmierczak  Hired from Lebanon  Bluffton: Randy Hudgins Brett Kunkel Hired Indian Creek: Mike Gillin Brett Cooper Hired Vincennes Lincoln:  Jon Heiden  Levi Salters Promoted  Frankfort:  Joel Sienicki Eric Davis Hired from Tri-County South Vermillion:  Will Porter  Greg Barrett hired from North Putnam Riverton Parke:  Jake Weber Brad Sanders Promoted Elkhart Central:  Levon Johnson Josh Shattuck hired from Seymour Mt. Vernon (Posey) Paul Meirer Cory Brunson hired from Evansville Harrison Richmond:  Matt Holeva  Abe Tawfeek hired from Indy Northwest Lebanon:    Neil Kazmierczak Jeff Smock Hired North White:  Jim Davis Kirk Quasebarth Promoted  North Posey:   Paul Rynkiewich  Waylon Schenk hired from Princeton  Pike Central:  Dustin Powell   Erik Mattingly Hired  John Glenn:  Damon Groves Austin Faust Promoted North Putnam:  Greg Barrett Sam Carnes Hired  Lafayette Central Catholic: Kevin O'Shea Don Coller Promoted  Evansville Harrison: Cory Brunson Lane Oxley Hired Indianapolis Roncalli:  Bruce Scifres Scott Marsh Promoted  Anderson Prep Academy: Jeffrey Dorman Randy Albano Hired Princeton:   Waylon Schenk   Jared Maners Hired Ft. Wayne North:  Mike Cochran Michael Brevard Hired Turkey Run:  Steve Stewart Bruce Scaggs Hired Indianapolis Northwest:   Abe Tawfeek Jonas Williams Promoted Tri-County:  Eric Davis  Sam Zachary Hired Carroll Community:  Mark Brown Kevin Sayler Promoted  Oldenburg Academy:  Wes Gillman  Union County:  Rusty Hensley Joel Hofmann promoted Edgewood: Jerry Bland Brian Rosenburg Hired Seymour:  Josh Shattuck  Michael Kelly Hired Wawasee:  Josh Ekovich Michael Eshbach hired from Eastside Muncie Central:  Adam Morris Scott Pethtel Hired Benton Central:  Ed Roberson  Mike Hammons  Promoted  Western:  Ron Jankovich Alex Stewart Hired New Castle:  Will Ragle  Kyle York Hired Sullivan:  Trent Olson Blaine Powell promoted Northwestern:  Alex Stewart Steve Disler hired  Clinton Central:  Isaac Sturgis Justin Gardiner Hired North Miami:  Mark Lefebvre  Joe Grant Hired from Rochester Spring Valley Justin Scheller Mark Hammond Hired  Edinburgh:  Derrick Ball  Jason Burton Hired Eastside: Michael Eshbach Steve Cooley promoted Rochester: Joe Grant Brian Hooker Hired Cloverdale: Tony Meyer Tom Winder Promoted Hammond Clark: Eric Schreiber  Hammond Noll:  Colin McCullough  Wayne Racine hired Lake Station:  Adam Hudak   South Central:  Eric Stephens Buzz Schoff Hired  Caston:  Brady Jones  Tony Slocum Promoted  
OrangeFever

Hoosier Hills Conference 2017

fkfootball    136
7 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Ditto new coach, new system, you've got to figure there's going to be some growing pains. Perry has never taken a snap under center until this summer. 

Graduating considerable size and bodies on OL and DL.

Lost one of their two best athletes Friday night with a broken clavicle. He's out for the year per what I was told Saturday morning, they were thinking surgery to repair. 

Seymour is undersized up front, tough sledding pushing on bigger guys all night. 

Seymour was twice the size on the line as FC was. That's no excuse.

8 minutes ago, fkfootball said:

Seymour was twice the size on the line as FC was. That's no excuse.

I'm not making excuses, I'm telling you what I've seen. And having seen FC earlier in the year, I'm calling BS on this statement. FC may be shorter, but they're not smaller. 

Starbacker    33
2 hours ago, boilerfan87 said:

Seymour is quite young as some seniors opted not to play. A coaching change is automatically a culture change, regardless of whether it is wanted or not.  Coming off of an 8 win season, confidence was understandably high. A new coach faces challenges as such in times of change. Coach Kelly is a good coach and will do well as buy in increases. 

I hate to hear that they had seniors who didn't play.  BNL had the same thing happen when Szabo left.  That is too bad because it seemed Seymour had turned things around.

However, I fully expect them to be up and ready for Friday night and give BNL all they want. 

fkfootball    136
2 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I'm not making excuses, I'm telling you what I've seen. And having seen FC earlier in the year, I'm calling BS on this statement. FC may be shorter, but they're not smaller. 

Our lineman are like 210 lbs. Pound for pound, they are very strong. The reason why East is so good, is not because of their size necessarily. It's because of their talent. They send guys to D-1 programs. Size isn't the end all be all. You have to be able to play. And the kids up there can play, whether they are 280 lbs or 215. I can't imagine that any HHC team is smaller than Floyd. Their heaviest player is 240 lbs.

DanteEstonia    853
14 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

BNL comes in at #8 in ap poll this week. Curious what is the highest ranking the school has held in football? 

On the Coaches Poll, #9 in 2004. 

I'm pretty sure BNL was ranked in 79, though I have no idea what. They were undefeated going into a week 10 game with East. Both teams were undefeated. Both made the playoffs, and faced off in the first round at East, where East prevailed once again. East went on to win the state championship that year with Blair Kiel at the helm. I was at the game and really thought BNL had a shot at them. East won 21-0 I believe.  

MuleDriver    118
26 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I'm pretty sure BNL was ranked in 79, though I have no idea what. They were undefeated going into a week 10 game with East. Both teams were undefeated. Both made the playoffs, and faced off in the first round at East, where East prevailed once again. East went on to win the state championship that year with Blair Kiel at the helm. I was at the game and really thought BNL had a shot at them. East won 21-0 I believe.  

1 hour ago, DanteEstonia said:

On the Coaches Poll, #9 in 2004. 

Ifca has all the polls on their site but you have to click on each one so that is a lot of polls to look through. i knew they were ranked in 1979 and if i am not mistaken it was #10 . And a #9 in the coaches poll in 2004 . So this #8 ranking sounds like the highest ranking in their history.  Congrats stars. Not much chance for a bhss/bedford matchup n the tourney both teams will be underdogs in their respective regional & sectional.   Went to both the  (2011,2010)  wins over bhss was not a happy camper as a former south fan and player. But i had to realize south was in their worst era ever and bedford was in one of their best era's . I also was working in bedford the night of the upset over east in 2005 or 6  and i went to that game as well . I truly believe if it weren't for stubborn bedford high school basketball foundation/tradition they could have a very competitive football program. I am just not sure that community will ever support football more than basketball.  Never know tho. 

FishDuck    245

AP Poll means absolutely nothing. Doesn't matter if BNL was ranked number 1, I highly doubt anybody who voted on that poll could even name 3 starters for the Stars.

Seymour will be a very tough game this week for BNL. Perry is good enough to take over any game single handedly, once everything starts gelling with the new system and the players available they will be a handful.

Woody Hayes    236
7 minutes ago, FishDuck said:

AP Poll means absolutely nothing. Doesn't matter if BNL was ranked number 1, I highly doubt anybody who voted on that poll could even name 3 starters for the Stars.

IFCA Poll isn't much better these days. You see some of the same mistakes that the AP has been grilled for in the past. Best practice is to surmise that both are a barely educated guess and not look at any of them. 

• Like 1

Starbacker    33
4 hours ago, FishDuck said:

Seymour will be a very tough game this week for BNL. Perry is good enough to take over any game single handedly, once everything starts gelling with the new system and the players available they will be a handful.

Of course it means nothing and I fully expect as I stated above in this thread for Seymour to be a difficult matchup as most HHC games are against any team not named Columbus East.  It does mean something to the players though, I think it might have been a negative factor in the slow start last week vs. New Albany but they weathered that thanks to better execution in the 2nd half no doubt to be contributed to adjustments and encouragement by the coaching staff at half time.  The players on this team fully expect to be undefeated going into Columbus East on the last week of the season (and yes there is an extremely tough game on the road at Floyd Central in a few weeks) one that I would pick the Highlanders to be the favorite.  But this is a very young and resilient bunch and the next 3 years in particular should be a lot of fun if this group keeps working hard.  By then...maybe just maybe the administration will be on board with one middle school program and by then...maybe just maybe the winning culture that Coach Weber brought with him to BNL and has worked tirelessly to create will catch on. 

I guess I said all that to say this :-) a Ranking of #8 in the state does mean something to the players and to the community that supports them.

But on the other hand the coaching staff and in particular Coach Weber lets the boys know on a regular basis that all polls mean absolutely nothing.  I did notice that BNL was ranked 13 in the coaches poll.

Also, congratulations to Floyd Central on being ranked #11 and New Albany on their #14 ranking in this weeks 5A AP Poll and of course to Columbus East on their #4 ranking.  So far every Friday night I have felt that BNL could win or lose the game depending on which team executed the best and it is my hope that it would be that way every Friday night in the HHC.  I'd love to see every program in the conference able to line up and compete with not only each other but any team in the state on any given Friday Night!

SouthNZone    69
6 minutes ago, Starbacker said:

Of course it means nothing and I fully expect as I stated above in this thread for Seymour to be a difficult matchup as most HHC games are against any team not named Columbus East.  It does mean something to the players though, I think it might have been a negative factor in the slow start last week vs. New Albany but they weathered that thanks to better execution in the 2nd half no doubt to be contributed to adjustments and encouragement by the coaching staff at half time.  The players on this team fully expect to be undefeated going into Columbus East on the last week of the season (and yes there is an extremely tough game on the road at Floyd Central in a few weeks) one that I would pick the Highlanders to be the favorite.  But this is a very young and resilient bunch and the next 3 years in particular should be a lot of fun if this group keeps working hard.  By then...maybe just maybe the administration will be on board with one middle school program and by then...maybe just maybe the winning culture that Coach Weber brought with him to BNL and has worked tirelessly to create will catch on. 

I guess I said all that to say this :-) a Ranking of #8 in the state does mean something to the players and to the community that supports them.

But on the other hand the coaching staff and in particular Coach Weber lets the boys know on a regular basis that all polls mean absolutely nothing.  I did notice that BNL was ranked 13 in the coaches poll.

Also, congratulations to Floyd Central on being ranked #11 and New Albany on their #14 ranking in this weeks 5A AP Poll and of course to Columbus East on their #4 ranking.  So far every Friday night I have felt that BNL could win or lose the game depending on which team executed the best and it is my hope that it would be that way every Friday night in the HHC.  I'd love to see every program in the conference able to line up and compete with not only each other but any team in the state on any given Friday Night!

Rumor yesterday was that next year Oolitic and Shawswick will combine to form 1 middle school team.  Step in the right direction.

• Like 3

Starbacker    33
44 minutes ago, SouthNZone said:

Rumor yesterday was that next year Oolitic and Shawswick will combine to form 1 middle school team.  Step in the right direction.

I sure hope so, I've heard rumors like that since Szabo was the coach however I don't belief that either school is actually able to field a complete team this year (meaning only 12-15 players for both 7&8 grade) so it may be forced on the school board but either way it will be a positive step. 

• Upvote 1

fkfootball    136

The rankings are pretty solid. I'd say that BNL, FC, and NA are very similar teams and I expect all of their games to be close.

Olympian06    289

Game Day!

Good Luck to all of the teams playing this evening! Looking like beautiful weather this evening! Safe travels to all!

Hard to imagine the regular season is half over. It will be good to be back in southern Indiana for only the 2nd time so far this season. Safe travels to everyone tonight, and best of luck to the teams. 

Jennings County vs Madison for the 50th year!

JC holds the edge in the all time series 28-25.  

Madison along with Seymour are the only two schools JC has played in each of JC's 50 years.    The 53 contests vs Madison are the most JC has had vs any other school,  Seymour is close behind having faced JC 51 times.

DanteEstonia    853
2 hours ago, JCPantherFan86 said:

Jennings County vs Madison for the 50th year!

JC holds the edge in the all time series 28-25.  

Madison along with Seymour are the only two schools JC has played in each of JC's 50 years.    The 53 contests vs Madison are the most JC has had vs any other school,  Seymour is close behind having faced JC 51 times.

And Bedford. BNL/Bedford has played JC every year since the schools opened.

Olympian06    289

NA receives the opening kickoff

East forces a 3 and out

6 plays later, TD for East.

Columbus East - 7

New Albany - 0

8:47 left in the 1st quarter. 

East forces another 3 and out. 

Columbus East - 14

New Albany - 0

Hogan with his 2nd TD run of the night. 

3:23 left in the 1st quarter.

East forces another 3 and out. 

Columbus East - 20 (bad snap)

New Albany - 0

Hogan with his 3rd TD of the night.

1:05 left in the 1st quarter.

New Albany is always a head scratcher. Have the athletes to compete with anyone. Yet, they have -9 yards for the entire 1st quarter. The QB is having absolutley no time to do anything with the ball. 

NA has now made a few big plays. Driving in East territory. 

On 4th and 9 NA throws a TD pass.

Columbus East - 20

New Albany - 7

10:25 left in the 2nd quarter. 

Columbus East scores in 1:27 seconds (5 run plays, 65 yards)

Columbus East - 28

New Albany - 7

8:58 left in the 2nd quarter. NA getting pummled on the lines. East shoving them back 4-5 yards every single play. 

Columbus East turns a 2nd and 20 into a 38 yard Hogan TD (4th of the night)

Columbus East - 35

New Albany - 7

6:42 left in the 2nd quarter. 

New Albany scores on a 15 yard run by Richardson.

Columbus East - 35

New Albany - 14

New Albany throws a 58 yard TD pass. XP blocked.

Columbus East - 35

New Albany - 20 

Gaddis going to be ripping some kids at half. He's definitely not happy with the 2nd quarter performance. 

Columbus East - 42

New Albany - 20

Halftime.

East receives the ball after half. 

New Albany has showed much better line play on the offensive side in the 2nd quarter. Not sure what Coach Cooley said when it was 20-0 but it worked. 

2nd half has begun.

Columbus East - 49

New Albany - 20

Miller with a 3 yard TD run. 

9:50 left in the 3rd quarter.

East forces a 3 and out.

Columbus East - 56

New Albany - 20

Hogan with his 5th TD of the night on a 36 yard TD run. 

7:32 left in the 3rd quarter. 

WOW Richardson from NA is good. 85 yard TD run for the kid.

East then marches right down the field to score again. 

Columbus East - 63

New Albany - 27

5 minutes left in the 3rd quarter. 

NA scores another TD.

Columbus East - 63

New Albany - 34 

1 minute left in the 3rd. 

Columbus East drives the field and scores again.

Columbus East - 70

New Albany - 34

Major with a 3 yard TD run.

Hogan is done for the night, but I believe Gaddis will play the starters until NA takes theirs out. In the past he would take starters out, I think he is playing NA's game tonight. 

East stops NA on 4th down, and steam rolls downfield and scores on a 40 yard Grewie run.

Columbus East - 77

New Albany - 34

Edited by Olympian06

Olympian06    289
46 minutes ago, Hackman29 said:

Seymour 21  BNL 17 final 

That is awesome to see! Congrats to Seymour. 

Columbus East - 77

New Albany - 34

NA has the best RB combo in Richardson and Payton in the conference(in my opinion) not looking for an argument lol. BUT as for the defense, it's BAD and that's me being nice. Offense looks good, but the defense needs work.

East was punishing tonight, hoping all of the NA players that went out injured have nothing major. It seemed like every other play NA had a player down and being taken off the field. Prayers for them. 

Richardson for NA had over 250 yards rushing. He had an 85 yard TD and a 50+ yard run. Explosive RB.

Columbus East had 451 yards rushing and 177 yards passing on the night. 

Edited by Olympian06

Dawgs_Dad    37

That's the worst NA's defense has looked so far. I"ll attribute that to CE having a very good offense, and a ton of injuries.it doesn't help when CE first 3 drives started deep in NA territory......once from the 25, because the offense couldn't get a first down. CE on offense and special teams is very good....and that was with too many penalties tonight. The defense is not as good as some I've seen in the past, but I've only seen tonight's game.

Richardson and Payton had good nights.....unfortunately, NA doesn't have the depth to overcome the injuries they've sustained the last couple of weeks. Hopefully none are too serious. Good luck the rest of the way to CE.....very solid and well coached as always.

Olympian06    289
7 minutes ago, Dawgs_Dad said:

That's the worst NA's defense has looked so far. I"ll attribute that to CE having a very good offense, and a ton of injuries.it doesn't help when CE first 3 drives started deep in NA territory......once from the 25, because the offense couldn't get a first down. CE on offense and special teams is very good....and that was with too many penalties tonight. The defense is not as good as some I've seen in the past, but I've only seen tonight's game.

Richardson and Payton had good nights.....unfortunately, NA doesn't have the depth to overcome the injuries they've sustained the last couple of weeks. Hopefully none are too serious. Good luck the rest of the way to CE.....very solid and well coached as always.

I would credit the CE defense looking bad to NA athletes. Opponents are going to score some points because East gets down the field so quickly. This year might be the quickest they get up to the line and run a play. 

Good luck the rest of the year to the Bulldogs. 

fkfootball    136

Floyd 34 Jeff 14.

I honestly feel like this game could have been 55-14. Floyd just tried to milk the clock most of the game, which is probably a good strategy against a team that relies on big plays. I dont know if this is Glesings best team, but it's his best defense and his deepest team. I just wish this team was a little bigger, but I like how physical they have played this year. Glesing has done a remarkable job with this team considering he's done it with Hodgkins cancer. Not matter what happens next Friday, I really like this team.

Olympian06    289
Just now, fkfootball said:

Floyd 34 Jeff 14.

I honestly feel like this game could have been 55-14. Floyd just tried to milk the clock most of the game, which is probably a good strategy against a team that relies on big plays. I dont know if this is Glesings best team, but it's his best defense and his deepest team. I just wish this team was a little bigger, but I like how physical they have played this year. Glesing has done a remarkable job with this team considering he's done it with Hodgkins cancer. Not matter what happens next Friday, I really like this team.

I saw it was 21-14 entering the 4th and Floyd ended up putting up 2 TD's in the 4th. I have a feeling Floyd will have issues next week with stopping CE ( lack of size will be an uphill battle) . 

Good Luck next week and safe travels. 

fkfootball    136
6 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

I saw it was 21-14 entering the 4th and Floyd ended up putting up 2 TD's in the 4th. I have a feeling Floyd will have issues next week with stopping CE ( lack of size will be an uphill battle) . 

Good Luck next week and safe travels. 

Floyd let Jeff hang around. I honestly think that they were looking ahead. Eventually they got ticked off and than dropped the hammer on Jeff. Floyd has a really good run defense. They struggle like most teams to cover recieving targets. Floyd's D-line is undersized but very good. 2 players on the D-line run a 4.6 40 and all these guys are 400 lb squaters. East is bigger, for sure. But this defense has been playing really well. Common sense says that East will probably win by 3 TDs. Or more. But, I mean the game has to be played 1st.

Edited by fkfootball