• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/22/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller  Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  Tell City:  Josh Teague  Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly  Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired 
OrangeFever

Hoosier Hills Conference 2017

On 5/13/2018 at 11:49 PM, Frozen Tundra said:

There's a very real possibility East moving up to 6A bumps North down to 5A. If that's the case, it'll be interesting to see if the schools mirror what the other did in their particular classification. If East goes to 6A and beats Center Grove then that's not going to look good for North. If North goes to 5A and wins state then that says 5A is a cakewalk and East has benefited from a lack of competition.  

I believe that has changed. I think the executive committee opted to not have larger class teams drop down at the meeting a couple of weeks ago. 

1 hour ago, fkfootball said:

Just because a kid can run a 4.5 doesn't mean he's David Bell. And we have a few of those guys, not a roster full of them. 

FC has been a spread team that runs the Wing T.

What asking is,is this kid as fast as those kids? if you telling me a kid run a legit 4.5 i am looking at David Bell and saying dang this kid can run with him.  

He did run a 4.5 laser somewhere I am assuming? 

you said your starting WR1 and some running backs so I am assuming there's at least 3 kids running 4.5s.  So you guys are like Delaware Wing T? 

48 minutes ago, Impartial_Observer said:

I believe that has changed. I think the executive committee opted to not have larger class teams drop down at the meeting a couple of weeks ago. 

How will that work? Will 6A have more than 32 teams? Will they no longer take any schools that bump up from 5A, then start at the largest enrollment and work their way down

until they get 32 teams?

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, npatman said:

How will that work? Will 6A have more than 32 teams? Will they no longer take any schools that bump up from 5A, then start at the largest enrollment and work their way down

until they get 32 teams?

That is the way I understand it. No different than it has been of late, with 5 and 6 having a sectional or two with an extra game. In reality, is it really fair to have a school drop because of something other than enrollment?

Edited by Impartial_Observer

4 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

In reality, is it really fair to have a school drop because of something other than enrollment?

In Nevada, it is. Next year, 3A South will have Rancho HS (enrollment of 3200) play Moapa Valley HS (enrollment 550) in football.

And I'm betting on Moapa. 

15 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

That is the way I understand it. No different than it has been of late, with 5 and 6 having a sectional or two with an extra game. In reality, is it really fair to have a school drop because of something other than enrollment?

6A does not have sectionals with extra games, in 6A every team has a bye the first week of sectional and then the 32 teams play the next week. If a school drops from 6A to 5A it is still somewhat based on enrollment because they would have been at the bottom of 6A before a 5A team bumped up due to success factor.

http://www.ihsaa.org/Portals/0/ihsaa/documents/quick resources/Enrollments & Classifications/Football Alignment 2017-19.pdf

Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, npatman said:

6A does not have sectionals with extra games, in 6A every team has a bye the first week of sectional and then the 32 teams play the next week. If a school drops from 6A to 5A it is still somewhat based on enrollment because they would have been at the bottom of 6A before a 5A team bumped up due to success factor.

http://www.ihsaa.org/Portals/0/ihsaa/documents/quick resources/Enrollments & Classifications/Football Alignment 2017-19.pdf

My mistake, I thought 6 was similar to 5. Two 5A sectional have an extra team/game. Prior to the last alignment, 6A had at least one sectional in the same boat.

Edited by Impartial_Observer

On 5/15/2018 at 5:41 PM, DanteEstonia said:

In Nevada, it is. Next year, 3A South will have Rancho HS (enrollment of 3200) play Moapa Valley HS (enrollment 550) in football.

And I'm betting on Moapa. 

To add, the reason this was done is that Rancho HS hasn't won a football game in three years. 

Nevada has a similar concept to Indiana's Success Factor, but it's only used for the schools in Las Vegas. 

Fk , you are so funny with your most years fc has a few legit 4.4-4.5 guys. There will only be at MOST a handful of those guys in the state. At the NFL combine there are usually have around 50 4.5 or under guys. The NFL combine,  meaning elite of college after getting faster after HS for 3-4 years. So now fc does not have and never has had a few 4.5 guys. Maybe one or two ever if lucky. The fastest player I know of in the HHC Stevie Brown ran a 4.51 at the NFL combine,. He was a man among boys in HS. True 4.5s are very rare in HS, especially in Indiana.

Vast majority of HS touted 4.4-4.5 40 times turn into around 4.7's when accurately timed. Which is very fast! If in HS you have a few 4.7 or under guys, that's really good. 

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Olympian99 said:

Fk , you are so funny with your most years fc has a few legit 4.4-4.5 guys. There will only be at MOST a handful of those guys in the state. At the NFL combine there are usually have around 50 4.5 or under guys. The NFL combine,  meaning elite of college after getting faster after HS for 3-4 years. So now fc does not have and never has had a few 4.5 guys. Maybe one or two ever if lucky. The fastest player I know of in the HHC Stevie Brown ran a 4.51 at the NFL combine,. He was a man among boys in HS. True 4.5s are very rare in HS, especially in Indiana.

Vast majority of HS touted 4.4-4.5 40 times turn into around 4.7's when accurately timed. Which is very fast! If in HS you have a few 4.7 or under guys, that's really good. 

Kyle Bramble was timed at a 4.4 at FC and Dartmouth. Lets not forget that he was in the state finals in the 100m. It's not like I made those times up. I got those times off of FCs website and they were posted by Coach Glesing. 

Edited by fkfootball

3 hours ago, fkfootball said:

Kyle Bramble was timed at a 4.4 at FC and Dartmouth. Lets not forget that he was in the state finals in the 100m. It's not like I made those times up. I got those times off of FCs website and they were posted by Coach Glesing. 

And every other Softball coach in Indiana will tell either their pitcher throws 60mph or the pitcher that no hit them threw 60mph. In reality there are maybe 2-3 pitchers in the state that hit those numbers.

2 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

And every other Softball coach in Indiana will tell either their pitcher throws 60mph or the pitcher that no hit them threw 60mph. In reality there are maybe 2-3 pitchers in the state that hit those numbers.

Well, I guess coach Glesing is a liar than.

4 minutes ago, fkfootball said:

I didn't say that. In my example I think the coaches genuinely believe that. But one person's reality doesn't necessarily translate into the truth. 

I use to coach slappers. Slapping is all about speed, and numbers get thrown about very similar to the way 40 times do in Football. Over the course of multiple tournaments on different tracks, I taped each slapper. I timed each AB five times by hand, the best I could do with the technology I had. Then averaged out the times I came up with. I never timed on a muddy or slow track. I did have some times on field turf. I tracked everything on an Excel spreadsheet. By doing it this way I felt like I had solid numbers that I could talk to college coaches with. Anything that is sub 3 seconds contact to first is considered fast. If you get below the 2.7 range it's stupid fast, and sub 2.55 is approaching world class speed. The same analogy applies as my earlier scenario, every coach in the world will tell you his slapper is 2.7 contact to first, and I'm telling you those kids are few and far between. We had three kids who were sub 3 seconds, the slowest of the three was 2.77 contact to first. Our fastest kid would beat her by two steps in a straight line 40. Her contact to first time was 2.68. Yet the 2.77 kid was the fastest base runner going from first to home. Do you see my point. Yes speed kills, but raw speed isn't necessarily the be all end all, there are other intangibles as well. The 2.77 kid's biggest asset as I saw it was her vision, she just saw the game. I think this translates well to Football and how speed plays into it as well. I'd take Fred Biletnikoff any day on my Football team, and he never won any foot races. 

I have no idea how FC times their 40 times. Perhaps they are an anomaly and they have all these 4.5 kids. My main point is 40 times get bandied about pretty loosey goosey in Football circles and drew on analogies from other sports. 

I highly doubt there are many kids at FC running 4.5's... I can see 4.7 all day.  I watched the Edwards kid highlights.  He's around a 4.7 for sure. If its hand time add .2 to their time just a rule of thumb 

Again to say 4.4- 4.5 is elite.  Unless they are legit track guys I am not seeing it in southern Indiana. I watch kids in Indy, Fort wayne, and Louisville all year.  That team Male that FC plays may have legit 4.4 guys.  They are elite athletes.  FC doesnt have elite athletes like that.  

Stevie Brown was scary in High school. 

3 hours ago, fkfootball said:

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, greyhound3175 said:

I highly doubt there are many kids at FC running 4.5's... I can see 4.7 all day.  I watched the Edwards kid highlights.  He's around a 4.7 for sure. If its hand time add .2 to their time just a rule of thumb 

Again to say 4.4- 4.5 is elite.  Unless they are legit track guys I am not seeing it in southern Indiana. I watch kids in Indy, Fort wayne, and Louisville all year.  That team Male that FC plays may have legit 4.4 guys.  They are elite athletes.  FC doesnt have elite athletes like that.  

Bramble was. He had a 40 inch vertical and he could squat like 500.  Gaige Klingsmith ran a 4.5. It's not that uncommon. One year, New Albany had 9 kids that ran a 4.5 or faster. I never said Floyd had a bunch. They've had a few. Most skill guys are in the 4.6-4.8 range. Considering that we win the HHC, Sectional, and Regional in Track and Field every year, I'd say we have some athletes up here. They have access to better facilities.

Edited by fkfootball

20 minutes ago, greyhound3175 said:

Is this the "city speed" thing that I have heard about?? :13_v:

Haha, NFL combine has 50 players 4.5, about NA/FC combined have about a quarter of that. I don't think so.

Add at least .1 maybe .2 to the fastest hand timed and you likely have accurate timing. I've been doing that for years to what fk says.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Olympian99 said:

Haha, NFL combine has 50 players 4.5, about NA/FC combined have about a quarter of that. I don't think so.

Add at least .1 maybe .2 to the fastest hand timed and you likely have accurate timing. I've been doing that for years to what fk says.

I don't know if Floyd uses hand times or not. 

FYI. Their starting WR Jon Gunn just won the Sectional 100m. Ran it at 11.12. That is VERY fast.

Edited by fkfootball

Floyd has never had a problem with team speed, they have had a problem with strength tho. They have been unable to show any speed against CE due to the fact that the O-Line of Floyd is basically being tossed around and thrown back 5-7 yards every play and the QB either has to take a sack or throw up a dead duck. At times I could see some speed on Floyd’s side but so often Floyd’s QB was on his back more then he was standing upright. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

Floyd has never had a problem with team speed, they have had a problem with strength tho. They have been unable to show any speed against CE due to the fact that the O-Line of Floyd is basically being tossed around and thrown back 5-7 yards every play and the QB either has to take a sack or throw up a dead duck. At times I could see some speed on Floyd’s side but so often Floyd’s QB was on his back more then he was standing upright. 

Now, this is true. It's not that they aren't strong. Their lineman just are not big. But they do have some bigger guys coming up. Glesing didn't spend much time teaching pass blocking because they weren't built to throw the ball.

Edited by fkfootball

East is also far superior in techniques. Next year East will be good, the following year East will be very very good. McDonald will end up top 5 in school history in rushing by the time he is done. 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

East is also far superior in techniques. Next year East will be good, the following year East will be very very good. McDonald will end up top 5 in school history in rushing by the time he is done. 

I won't argue that either. Bob Gaddis and his staff are excellent. I don't know much about Mcdonald. I'm interested in seeing how much he stacks up against our stud freshman RB.

Edited by fkfootball

27 minutes ago, fkfootball said:

FYI. Their starting WR Jon Gunn just won the Sectional 100m. Ran it at 11.12. That is VERY fast.

I'll never forget being on the track team at East and watching Stevie Brown set the school record in the 100m at 10.7 seconds. He never matched it again. Averaged about a 10.9 though.

Just now, Frozen Tundra said:

I'll never forget being on the track team at East and watching Stevie Brown set the school record in the 100m at 10.7 seconds. He never matched it again. Averaged about a 10.9 though.

Stevie Brown is the best athlete to ever come out of HHC football.

1 minute ago, fkfootball said:

Stevie Brown is the best athlete to ever come out of HHC football.

Yeah and I think we could've won state his senior year if he didn't break his ankle playing dodgeball in advanced PE class. I was there for that too. You could say I've seen his highest of highs and lowest of lows up close.