• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks 
OrangeFever

Hoosier Hills Conference 2017

I see that Floyd and East are now in the same sectional. I believe it's an all HHC sectional.. 

7 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

I see that Floyd and East are now in the same sectional. I believe it's an all HHC sectional.. 

Just like every other sport....East and Madison being the outliers. 

• Upvote 1

That's great. We get to be a bridesmaid to East, not once, but twice a year.

• Upvote 2

East will be very good again this year, 1 problem tho...Cathedral... 

On 2/11/2017 at 0:03 AM, Frozen Tundra said:

The Hoosier Hills Conference isn't going anywhere folks. All eight schools have pledged to remain through the 2018-2019 season. Also, the conference has decided to cut down on the number of conference games from 7 to 6. Read about it at the link below.

http://www.therepublic.com/2017/02/09/olympians_staying_put_in_hoosier_hills_conference/

Thanks for posting the story link about the HHC Conference situation.   It will be refreshing to see some change in the JC schedule that has been unaltered for nearly 20 years.

This kind of reminds me of Perry Meridian bailing out of Conference Indiana.  Couldn't compete, so they looked for softer opponents.  You either play the people in your conference or look else where.

East finding opponents mid season won't be easy, especially when you figure the six remaining Confence Indiana teams are looking to fill their schedules with Perry Meridian and Franklin Central leaving that conference.  Unless CE wants to step up and schedule CI teams.  Moving the C. East - C. North game to mid season might be interesting.  

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Butter Bean said:

East finding opponents mid season won't be easy, especially when you figure the six remaining Confence Indiana teams are looking to fill their schedules with Perry Meridian and Franklin Central leaving that conference.    

These statements contradict. 

I'm just saying C. East and six Conference Indiana teams looking to fill mid season openings at the same time will not be easy.  

I hear Columbus North already has their open dates filled.  East has commented they don't want to drive to Terre Haute, so that leaves B. South and North and Southport from Conference Indiana and they may of already filled their schedule.  

I was just saying filling spots mid season is not a simple task.  

15 minutes ago, Butter Bean said:

I'm just saying C. East and six Conference Indiana teams looking to fill mid season openings at the same time will not be easy.  

Beggars can't be choosers, and CI has some beggars. 

Also, if I was an AD at any of the schools that bordered CI members and I wasn't extended an invitation to join the conference, I'd drop all CI opponents that I had as non-conference games. 

OK. . Let's look at the "bordering" schools next to Conference Indiana and see who would be realistic, potential members.

Decatur Central and Martinsville were charter members of CI and bailed after not winning.  Columbus East, Franklin, Roncalli, and Whiteland were all invited and declined.  That leaves the likes of Beech Grove, Greenwood, Mooresville, New Pal, Shelbyville, Edgewood, Owen Valley, and Northview.   Year in and year out none of those are going to be competitive in a 5 and 6A conference.   I seriously doubt if invited they would accept.  So who does that leave YOU with?  

17 minutes ago, Butter Bean said:

OK. . Let's look at the "bordering" schools next to Conference Indiana and see who would be realistic, potential members.

Decatur Central and Martinsville were charter members of CI and bailed after not winning.  Columbus East, Franklin, Roncalli, and Whiteland were all invited and declined.  That leaves the likes of Beech Grove, Greenwood, Mooresville, New Pal, Shelbyville, Edgewood, Owen Valley, and Northview.   Year in and year out none of those are going to be competitive in a 5 and 6A conference.   I seriously doubt if invited they would accept.  So who does that leave YOU with?  

You left out a school.

1 hour ago, Butter Bean said:

I'm all ears.  

Can't help but notice you left out BNL in your post.

I just assumed since the Hoosier Hills Conference members made a loyalty pledge Dec. of 2016, through 2019 to remain in the conference, none of them would  be interested in jumping ship.  The invitation to CE was prior to Dec. 2016, I understand.

i will, however, do some checking, to see if your Stars were approached.  

It makes me mad that Floyd wants to play Louisville Male. I'd rather see a CI team.

• Upvote 1

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 0:14 PM, Butter Bean said:

This kind of reminds me of Perry Meridian bailing out of Conference Indiana.  Couldn't compete, so they looked for softer opponents.  You either play the people in your conference or look else where.

East finding opponents mid season won't be easy, especially when you figure the six remaining Confence Indiana teams are looking to fill their schedules with Perry Meridian and Franklin Central leaving that conference.  Unless CE wants to step up and schedule CI teams.  Moving the C. East - C. North game to mid season might be interesting.  

It's not about being competitive, it's the travel involved with Conference Indiana.

Perry Meridian finished 4th or better in 3 of the last 5 years in CI.  They weren't winning the conference, but they were competitive.

Traveling to the two Terre Haute schools, the two Bloomington schools, and Columbus North is just too much.

I don't love the move to the Midstate, but I love that they are developing new rivalries with nearby shcools

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, FormerFalcon said:

It's not about being competitive, it's the travel involved with Conference Indiana.

Perry Meridian finished 4th or better in 3 of the last 5 years in CI.  They weren't winning the conference, but they were competitive.

Traveling to the two Terre Haute schools, the two Bloomington schools, and Columbus North is just too much.

I don't love the move to the Midstate, but I love that they are developing new rivalries with nearby shcools

Are you serious? 45 minutes down 37 or 45 minutes down 65? I get the Terre Haute thang.

How does playing Mooresville, Martinsville, Franklin get PM ready to play in a 6A sectional?  I'd say fourth place in MidState is about where they'll finish. . . . like in CI.   

On 6/28/2017 at 11:50 AM, FormerFalcon said:

We drive an hour to North Harrison, an hour and 15 to Corydon, hour to Silver Creek, 50 mins to Charlestown, 50 mins to Pekin, 30 mins to Salem, 35 mins to Scottsburg. Perry Meridans drives are nothing. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, btownqbcoach said:

We drive an hour to North Harrison, an hour and 15 to Corydon, hour to Silver Creek, 50 mins to Charlestown, 50 mins to Pekin, 30 mins to Salem, 35 mins to Scottsburg. Perry Meridans drives are nothing. 

I did 437 miles for a tournament game in Nevada, one way. Y'all are soft.

5 hours ago, DanteEstonia said:

I did 437 miles for a tournament game in Nevada, one way. Y'all are soft.

You did what... lol

1 hour ago, btownqbcoach said:

You did what... lol

For the state semi-final in the NIAA football tournament, I had to travel to Elko from Las Vegas. Fun stuff. 

14 hours ago, DanteEstonia said:

For the state semi-final in the NIAA football tournament, I had to travel to Elko from Las Vegas. Fun stuff. 

Were you playing, coaching, or officiating?

38 minutes ago, btownqbcoach said:

Were you playing, coaching, or officiating?

Doing stats.