Head Coach Openings 2024 ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $2,716 of $3,600 target

NIC...Excited for this season, or no?

I was just looking over the upcoming schedules for our resident NIC teams. Some interesting pick ups for a few schools, and some pick ups that I think were made out of desperation and lack of availability for others. 

Penn: Starts with Valpo (possibly the last game in this series) and Mishawaka...(Penn dumps 6A rival Carmel for 4A crosstown rival)

Elkhart: Making a plea to the NLC?? Please NLC save us from the sinking NIC. Elkhart continues crosstown rivalry with Concord and makes it three years in a row vs Northridge. (since the inception of Elkhart, they have played 1 or 2 NLC teams during the regular season)

Marian: Makes it 5 years in a row against Mishawaka and 4 years in a row vs Culver Academy. 

New Prairie: Continues their Historic battle against Evil, LaPorte, dating back to the beginning of time. They also have Goshen for the third year in a row. 

Adams: Gets a rematch with Culver Academy and Logansport. 

Riley: Is looking to continue their success this season and adding winnable games against Hammond Noll and Fort Wayne Wayne (I think the people naming schools got lazy on that one). We will really get to see how far this program has come with a looming week 3 matchup at Home against Penn. 

St. Joe: Is in year 4 with Lakeland and year 2 with Fort Wayne South

Washington: Is also in year 4 with Hammond Central and adds New Albany to their schedule. 

No one really went out and grabbed a team that I think is going to prep them for a future run in the Playoffs. Smaller schools playing up a class I think helps them regardless of how good that team is, but still nothing that is going to make you turn your head or be excited about. 

I wish Elkhart still played Goshen. I know Goshen has been down for a while but in the old days this used to be a really big game.

I know Central was playing Goshen until Elkhart went back to 1 school and Goshen dropped the game.

4 hours ago, Coach Lou said:

I wish Elkhart still played Goshen. I know Goshen has been down for a while but in the old days this used to be a really big game.

I know Central was playing Goshen until Elkhart went back to 1 school and Goshen dropped the game.

I think Elkhart may see the writing on the wall, the NLC is a better overall fit for them, and I think Elkhart would be a bit more competitive? maybe.  Not so much with the top tier of the NLC right now, but they could be a middle of the pack team unless this new coach is able to change the culture over there. 

13 hours ago, BLACKGOLD2007 said:

I was just looking over the upcoming schedules for our resident NIC teams. Some interesting pick ups for a few schools, and some pick ups that I think were made out of desperation and lack of availability for others. 

Penn: Starts with Valpo (possibly the last game in this series) and Mishawaka...(Penn dumps 6A rival Carmel for 4A crosstown rival)

Elkhart: Making a plea to the NLC?? Please NLC save us from the sinking NIC. Elkhart continues crosstown rivalry with Concord and makes it three years in a row vs Northridge. (since the inception of Elkhart, they have played 1 or 2 NLC teams during the regular season)

Marian: Makes it 5 years in a row against Mishawaka and 4 years in a row vs Culver Academy. 

New Prairie: Continues their Historic battle against Evil, LaPorte, dating back to the beginning of time. They also have Goshen for the third year in a row. 

Adams: Gets a rematch with Culver Academy and Logansport. 

Riley: Is looking to continue their success this season and adding winnable games against Hammond Noll and Fort Wayne Wayne (I think the people naming schools got lazy on that one). We will really get to see how far this program has come with a looming week 3 matchup at Home against Penn. 

St. Joe: Is in year 4 with Lakeland and year 2 with Fort Wayne South

Washington: Is also in year 4 with Hammond Central and adds New Albany to their schedule. 

No one really went out and grabbed a team that I think is going to prep them for a future run in the Playoffs. Smaller schools playing up a class I think helps them regardless of how good that team is, but still nothing that is going to make you turn your head or be excited about. 

To be fair, It is not Fort Wayne Wayne, it is just Wayne. Example, it is not Fort Wayne Snider or Fort Wayne Luers or Fort Wayne Dwenger either