• Announcements

    • Coach Nowlin

      HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

      CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks 

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Any reason why?  Are there player combinations you like?  Perhaps numbers of returning starters?  JV records?  All Conference, Area or State players?  I'm not trying to be a jerk...just like to get some dialogue going...you might make a great case for your thoughts!

As a fan of the game and PAC, I really like SRs QB and RB(s) but I can't say I think they are better then GS backfield. Also as a fan, I enjoy watching GSs front seven on defense but again I don't know if it's better than SRs front seven next year. I would pick GS to win right now, I can honestly say that truly pains me to say that! I look forward to the days the scoreboard in the watermelon bowl isn't soooooo lopsided. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Cappy said:

I'm hoping for a GS vs HH sectional championship!

Me too--I have a desire to beat the Titans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Titan32 said:

Any reason why?  Are there player combinations you like?  Perhaps numbers of returning starters?  JV records?  All Conference, Area or State players?  I'm not trying to be a jerk...just like to get some dialogue going...you might make a great case for your thoughts!

There is quite a bit of talk of course but the talk is that if there was a year for SR in the last several years this is it.  Tucker Shank (I think that is how you spell it) is returning and I think he is just a Junior--the kid is impressive.  A kid that goes to my church is a junior at SR in the fall and talking to him, it just looks to be a good year for them....but I know, how would you expect a conversation with a 16 year old kid to go about the upcoming season.  SR was looking great last year and then there was that horrible beat down they took from Brownstown in the sectional championship.  Wow, that was ugly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Southridge's upcoming senior group beat ours head to head as freshmen.  I would say pre season the game would be a coin flip on a neutral field.  However we are playing there this fall.  And a lot can change between now and then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Titan54 said:

Southridge's upcoming senior group beat ours head to head as freshmen.  I would say pre season the game would be a coin flip on a neutral field.  However we are playing there this fall.  And a lot can change between now and then. 

Maybe, but from what I have seen the last few years GS makes the difference in the weight room, and with food.  If anything impresses me about your program, it is that you are obviously getting your kids to understand the importance of not only the weight room but eating and eating right.  From being a freshman to being a senior--that will make all the difference in the world.  

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing for sure, with GS and SR playing the last game of the regular season....we will all know a LOT more about both of those teams by the time game week gets here.  I am excited to see how all the teams in the conference develop...I think North Posey will be very interesting to watch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is SR only PAC team with a shot at stopping a GS 3-peat ???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, sunshine said:

Is SR only PAC team with a shot at stopping a GS 3-peat ???

HH, southridge, and GS will be in the mix. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had high hopes for Heritage Hills after last season with a lot of talent returning with varsity experience  and  freshman and  jv teams that had a combined record of 15-1 to fill in the gaps( Undefeated in conference and  only loss was JV loss to Jasper ) But with the rumors who knows how much of that talent will be playing I would have to see the roster before making a prediction on HH.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Titan54 said:

HH, southridge, and GS will be in the mix. 

Don't let anyone get to cocky '54....the voice of reason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First thing I want to look at when I see a roster is how many from this group  Maddox, Lopez, Buse, Rea, Heeke and Newton    are on the roster. Line play will be key to being contenders and if most of that group  return we should be improved on the line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

GS PAC conference Football Champs 3 of last 4 seasons. With a shot at PAC this season. I would guess this dismisses the talk of GS football success being just a once in a generation type success. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dave mosbey said:

First thing I want to look at when I see a roster is how many from this group  Maddox, Lopez, Buse, Rea, Heeke and Newton    are on the roster. Line play will be key to being contenders and if most of that group  return we should be improved on the line.

Maddox, Lopez, Buse, Rea, Heeke,and Newton all are playing... picked up their Equip for the summer workouts. Add  The 6-1 240lb  Doyle to the mix at line or DE. Good size, very athletic, above avg line speed... there are some options to move some of these guys around... so where they will play is yet a mystery. We should have a fr team... approx 18-20 picked up equip. The frosh will take their lumps... I wouldn't play them at the JV level...size wise not ready!  We did lose 7-10 in the younger ranks (9-10 gr)... Whoever said HH has less than 40 for the varsity is a bit shy on the guess... rumors are just that... rumors. All of the key players that we expected back are there! No surprises. I hope we are over looked this year... that will make it sweeter when a few opponents are left scratching their heads when the game clock hits 00:00! Line play . If we remain healthy, build on what we had last year, figure in the outstanding incoming soph class... HH will be just fine. A lot of young players but very skillful . Look forward to Yeager, Redman, and Rodgers in the backfield. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sunshine said:

Is SR only PAC team with a shot at stopping a GS 3-peat ???

That would a NO. A lot can happen as we saw late last season. No doubt GS is the favorite but SR and HH will be very formidable foes for the Titans. NP is the team that I think can be on the upswing . They were very young and have good team speed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, sunshine said:

GS PAC conference Football Champs 3 of last 4 seasons. With a shot at PAC this season. I would guess this dismisses the talk of GS football success being just a once in a generation type success. 

Define success ...just winning a PAC conference? 

I much rather win IHSAA titles at the Sectional, Regional, SemiState, and State level

PAC titles are highly desired especially when there are 3-4 teams playing good FB that can make it competitive... but I would hope the Goal is to be that State title contender year in and year out... in 3A ...the number one bench mark is a team nowhere in Spencer, Dubois, or Gibson County for that matter... we all need to look a bit North to a certain nemesis in Chatard.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PAC FAN said:

Maddox, Lopez, Buse, Rea, Heeke,and Newton all are playing... picked up their Equip for the summer workouts. Add  The 6-1 240lb  Doyle to the mix at line or DE. Good size, very athletic, above avg line speed... there are some options to move some of these guys around... so where they will play is yet a mystery. We should have a fr team... approx 18-20 picked up equip. The frosh will take their lumps... I wouldn't play them at the JV level...size wise not ready!  We did lose 7-10 in the younger ranks (9-10 gr)... Whoever said HH has less than 40 for the varsity is a bit shy on the guess... rumors are just that... rumors. All of the key players that we expected back are there! No surprises. I hope we are over looked this year... that will make it sweeter when a few opponents are left scratching their heads when the game clock hits 00:00! Line play . If we remain healthy, build on what we had last year, figure in the outstanding incoming soph class... HH will be just fine. A lot of young players but very skillful . Look forward to Yeager, Redman, and Rodgers in the backfield. 

Thanks for the update !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PAC FAN said:

 I hope we are over looked this year... that will make it sweeter when a few opponents are left scratching their heads when the game clock hits 00:00!  

I highly doubt that HH will be overlook!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, dave mosbey said:

First thing I want to look at when I see a roster is how many from this group  Maddox, Lopez, Buse, Rea, Heeke and Newton    are on the roster. Line play will be key to being contenders and if most of that group  return we should be improved on the line.

Of those mentioned the rumor was Lopez was out.  If that is not the case that would be spectacular.  Rumors are just that, rumors, but when you start hearing the same thing from different people you start to wonder if they are true.  

I would hope we would field a freshman team even if we only have 15.  They would learn a ton.

Edited by PatriotFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

According to Evansville Courier writer Kyle Sokeland on Twitter 

Gibson Southern senior to be Wes Obermeier (@wesleyobermeier) confirms that he has committed to play football at Ball State.

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

More Gibson Southern news...it appears there has been a potential "impact"  type of player transfer in from a school to the West.

:17:

Edited by Titan32
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎6‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 7:00 PM, Cappy said:

As a fan of the game and PAC, I really like SRs QB and RB(s) but I can't say I think they are better then GS backfield. Also as a fan, I enjoy watching GSs front seven on defense but again I don't know if it's better than SRs front seven next year. I would pick GS to win right now, I can honestly say that truly pains me to say that! I look forward to the days the scoreboard in the watermelon bowl isn't soooooo lopsided. 

Southridge should be really good returning two thirds of their 3 headed monster but O'Brien is a huge loss  he was the offensive captain of the PAC and led the Raiders in All-Purpose yards, Kick return yards, receiving yards and touchdowns , 2nd in rushing yards to Shank and 2nd in total yards to Harter.

Gibson Southern has to be at least a slight favorite but Southridge, Heritage Hills and North Posey should be very good as well.

Who out of South Spencer, Forest Park , Pike Central and Tell City has the best chance to finish in the top half of conference ??

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dave mosbey said:

Southridge should be really good returning two thirds of their 3 headed monster but O'Brien is a huge loss  he was the offensive captain of the PAC and led the Raiders in All-Purpose yards, Kick return yards, receiving yards and touchdowns , 2nd in rushing yards to Shank and 2nd in total yards to Harter.

Gibson Southern has to be at least a slight favorite but Southridge, Heritage Hills and North Posey should be very good as well.

Who out of South Spencer, Forest Park , Pike Central and Tell City has the best chance to finish in the top half of conference ??

 

I hope you are correct, we won 4 games last year and graduated quite a few seniors. Everyone in our community is excited about the new coach and what he is bringing. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So GS adds an "impact" transfer from the west border....and adds 2 coaches that were Varsity head coaches last year?  On top of getting Sellers & Matsel back.  Setting up for a great year for GS.

 

So about the rumors....good news if HH is going to have a freshman team.  Another rumor was that they are down to 1 middle school team.  Is that the case?

The Stewart kid from NP might be the best highlight player in the conference this year.  Reminds me of Conner Craig from Southridge a few years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Titan20 said:

So about the rumors....good news if HH is going to have a freshman team.  Another rumor was that they are down to 1 middle school team.  Is that the case?

 

It is the case that it is a rumor on the middle school team.  I hope that is all it is.  Surely we will scrape up a freshman team--if you can only get 11 freshman field them!  (and then pray nobody gets hurt)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Underclassmen that were selected ALL-PAC or honorable mention PAC in the 2016 season

 

Gibson Southern All PAC
Isaac Sellers QB & MVP
Ryan Sensmeier OL
Kalob Stuessel DL
Trace Matsel ILB
Bailey Neufelder DB
Dylan Stefanich RB
Gibson Southern honorable mention PAC
Zach Nurrenbern OL
Wes Obermeier END

Heritage Hills All PAC
Cade Jones DB
Spencer Buse DL
Heritage Hills honorable mention PAC
Carson Liebering K

Southridge All PAC
Tucker Schank RB
Southridge honorable mention PAC
Jace Harter QB
Mitchel Carter DL

North Posey honorable mention PAC
Jesse Kissel ILB
Alex Stewart RB

South Spencer honorable mention PAC
Jaylen Taylor End


Pike Central honorable mention PAC
Silas Goff C

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.