• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Cathedral: Rick Strieff

Besides GS does anyone else have any impact transfers? Or maybe a player that didn't play last year (injury, didn't come out) but is going to this year.

6 hours ago, Cappy said:

Besides GS does anyone else have any impact transfers? Or maybe a player that didn't play last year (injury, didn't come out) but is going to this year.

Not that I know of.  I guess GS is the only team having much luck with recruiting these days.  

• Upvote 1

51 minutes ago, Captain Cabinets said:

Not that I know of.  I guess GS is the only team having much luck with recruiting these days.  

Did you not get your snickers again  :15:!  HH has had a couple quality players move in as well recently.  Families come and go now days for a multitude of reasons.

• Upvote 2

Any Patriot fans know if HH has participated in any 7 on 7 or 11 on 11 yet ??  If yes do we have a frontrunner for QB ??

Last years stats :

Carter 633 yards, 64.9 complete percentage and 8 TDs and 3 INTs

Jones 573 yards,  54.5 complete percentage  and 9 TDs and 2 INTs

On 6/22/2017 at 5:22 PM, Titan32 said:

Did you not get your snickers again  :15:!  HH has had a couple quality players move in as well recently.  Families come and go now days for a multitude of reasons.

Been away from the site for awhile...apparently there was a big transfer within the conference?? You guys all speak in code on here and I'm not smart enough to figure it out?!? Anybody got a name with these rumors?? 

3 hours ago, jets said:

Been away from the site for awhile...apparently there was a big transfer within the conference?? You guys all speak in code on here and I'm not smart enough to figure it out?!? Anybody got a name with these rumors?? 

A lineman transferred to GS, he is a nice player. Had a good year last season at his former HS. 

On 6/24/2017 at 10:25 PM, dave mosbey said:

Any Patriot fans know if HH has participated in any 7 on 7 or 11 on 11 yet ??  If yes do we have a frontrunner for QB ??

Last years stats :

Carter 633 yards, 64.9 complete percentage and 8 TDs and 3 INTs

Jones 573 yards,  54.5 complete percentage  and 9 TDs and 2 INTs

Dave,

My understanding is that Jones will be QB1 this year and it is his to lose, but up in the air.  I will say this about Carter--the kid has been in the weight room, he looks good/strong and there is nothing like a healthy competition for QB.

Of Carter's 633 yards, how many of those were against Pike Central?

Posted (edited)

Any Scrimmages coming up?  Castle will be at GS Thursday at 8:00AM. Edit:  Technically this is a joint practice.

Edited by Titan32

14 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Any Scrimmages coming up?  Castle will be at GS Thursday at 8:00AM.

Vikings scrimmaged North last Thursday

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, Cappy said:

Vikings scrimmaged North last Thursday

How'd it go?

1 hour ago, Titan32 said:

How'd it go?

As I expected, a little rough around the edges and sloppy. New coaches, new offense, new defense, new everything including the helmets. I enjoyed seeing the changes first hand, and watching the virtually all new staff work.  

57 minutes ago, Cappy said:

As I expected, a little rough around the edges and sloppy. New coaches, new offense, new defense, new everything including the helmets. I enjoyed seeing the changes first hand, and watching the virtually all new staff work.  

Has to be pretty exciting.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, PatriotFan said:

Dave,

My understanding is that Jones will be QB1 this year and it is his to lose, but up in the air.  I will say this about Carter--the kid has been in the weight room, he looks good/strong and there is nothing like a healthy competition for QB.

Of Carter's 633 yards, how many of those were against Pike Central?

239 of Carters yards were against Pike  in 6 starts Carter only had over 100 yards twice the Pike game and his 2nd most was 146 in the Southridge regular season loss.

Jones started 3 games and had over 100 yards all 3 game with 144 VS. Forest Park, 145 VS. South Spencer and 284 against Southridge in sectional.

Also only one of Jones INTs was as a starter  the other was the underthrown halfback option against Jasper.

Posted (edited)
On 6/26/2017 at 3:58 PM, dave mosbey said:

239 of Carters yards were against Pike  in 6 starts Carter only had over 100 yards twice the Pike game and his 2nd most was 146 in the Southridge regular season loss.

Jones started 3 games and had over 100 yards all 3 game with 144 VS. Forest Park, 145 VS. South Spencer and 284 against Southridge in sectional.

Also only one of Jones INTs was as a starter  the other was the underthrown halfback option against Jasper.

Apparently no scrimmages.  

Yeah that halfback pass looked to have slipped out of his hand.

Edited by PatriotFan
For some odd reason I was given negative rep for saying that I "heard" we scrimmaged Boonville. My mistake--not a big deal.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

HH has not done a 11 on 11 with anyone.

work outs going well for this time of year...we have a few skill guys gimpy from non football stuff... they will be ready to go real soon. Very positive outlook. First hand knowledge!

8 minutes ago, PAC FAN said:

HH has not done a 11 on 11 with anyone.

work outs going well for this time of year...we have a few skill guys gimpy from non football stuff... they will be ready to go real soon. Very positive outlook. First hand knowledge!

Yeah, she said she "heard" and wasn't sure.....that is why the "not positive".   Sounds good, heard good things from a couple boys the other night at the fair.....looking forward to the season.

1 hour ago, PatriotFan said:

Yeah, she said she "heard" and wasn't sure.....that is why the "not positive".   Sounds good, heard good things from a couple boys the other night at the fair.....looking forward to the season.

HH,  Corydon Central, and Boonville participated in a V & JV 7vs7 this morning. A lot of good reps for all involved at HH who was an excellent host. 

• Upvote 3

GS and Castle had a great workout this morning.  Bright spots and things to work on for both squads...one thing for sure..both have a lot of quality competition on film to look at.

Reitz, Memorial, Jeffersonville, and Silver Creek spent last 3 days playing 7 vs 7 and 11 vs 11 against each other.  JV and varsity teams. 

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, AllThingsThruChrist said:

Reitz, Memorial, Jeffersonville, and Silver Creek spent last 3 days playing 7 vs 7 and 11 vs 11 against each other.  JV and varsity teams. 

I don't believe any of those teams are in the PAC but I do have a question. With 4 teams and 3 days how does that count towards what the ihsaa allows? Meaning is that comparable to having 3 scrimmages? 

• Upvote 1

Not sure if he plays football or not but a article in the Herald on a hoops underclassmen classic said Southridge has a basketball transfer from Jeffersonville .

Any Raider fans know if he plays football also Name is Joe LaGrange. 

2 hours ago, Cappy said:

I don't believe any of those teams are in the PAC but I do have a question. With 4 teams and 3 days how does that count towards what the ihsaa allows? Meaning is that comparable to having 3 scrimmages? 

Not sure how team camps count.  I would think the same as any scrimmage.  

Reitz and Memorial looked good while Jeffersonville and Silver Creek struggled ....buts it early.  

On 6/26/2017 at 10:35 AM, Titan32 said:

Any Scrimmages coming up?  Castle will be at GS Thursday at 8:00AM. Edit:  Technically this is a joint practice.

HH looked very good on the 7on 7 last week. We tentatively have  Reitz and New Pal coming up in July for  11 on 11's