• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Cathedral: Rick Strieff

19 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

Is this guy a heavy drinker?

Lol. He just loves his Bears like we love our Titans.  

25 minutes ago, AllThingsThruChrist said:

I agree with Central guy on this one. 

You might be right my SIAC loving friend.  My guess is there will be a lot of competitive work put in there.

It was posted Gibson Southern scrimmages Central and Heritage Hills  will scrimmage at Washington again what about the rest of the PAC  ?? 

17 hours ago, dave mosbey said:

It was posted Gibson Southern scrimmages Central and Heritage Hills  will scrimmage at Washington again what about the rest of the PAC  ?? 

Boonville at North Posey scrimmage 

• Upvote 3

On Sunday, July 09, 2017 at 11:59 AM, Titan32 said:

You might be right my SIAC loving friend.  My guess is there will be a lot of competitive work put in there.

I think Central will be much better, but nobody will dominate GS in all phases. Either way, these things don't matter a bit until we start keeping score.  By the way, is GS doing anything with Reitz again this year ?

1 minute ago, panther77 said:

I think Central will be much better, but nobody will dominate GS in all phases. Either way, these things don't matter a bit until we start keeping score.  By the way, is GS doing anything with Reitz again this year ?

It doesn't look we are doing anything with Reitz this year...just Castle and Central.  Plus a team camp event up at Brownsburg.

1 hour ago, panther77 said:

Heritage Hills will be doing a 11 on 11 with Reitz and New Pal . Eager to see these 2 schools. Just 11 on 11 but their caliber of play will be a very good challenge to our tiny 3A school in the country!!

• Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, PAC FAN said:

Heritage Hills will be doing a 11 on 11 with Reitz and New Pal . Eager to see these 2 schools. Just 11 on 11 but their caliber of play will be a very good challenge to our tiny 3A school in the country!!

You can't possibly compete!  :17:

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, PAC FAN said:

When and where at ?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, panther77 said:

When and where at ?

At HH 430 cst to 630 cst this Friday evening

Edited by PAC FAN

36 minutes ago, PAC FAN said:

At HH 430 cst to 630 cst this Friday evening

Bummer, can't make that. Should be good for both teams.

On 7/4/2017 at 11:20 AM, AllThingsThruChrist said:

Unfortunately, those are great kids with really good families. I have no problem with kids leaving before high school to try and find a place they can get on the court, field, or diamond. It's been going on for years in the SIAC.  If memory serves me right,  GS is not getting one football player in the group and most are basketball players trying to get PT.  

Your memory may serve you right...BUT GS may be better at getting kids out then!  :07:  The 2 8th grade transfers from Memorial are coming out.  One hasn't played since 4th grade and the other has never played.  But both are very good athletes.  And I think we are getting another kid transferring back in to the 8th grade group that left as a 5th grader.  A very good 8th grade group is getting better.

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Did not recall seeing this posted anywhere but want to congratulate the Patriots on winning the 2016-17 over all PAC male sports title; your top three:

Boys

1.Heritage Hills

2. Gibson Southern 

3. North Posey

Girls

1. Gibson Southern

2. Heritage Hills

3. Pike Central

Edited by PAC FAN

36 minutes ago, PAC FAN said:

Did not recall seeing this posted anywhere but want to congratulate the Patriots on winning the 2016-17 over all PAC male sports title; your top three:

Boys

1.Heritage Hills

2. Gibson Southern 

3. North Posey

Girls

1. Gibson Southern

2. Heritage Hills

3. Pike Central

Congrats HH!

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

For the morning session,  Gibson Southern starts out 0-2, with losses to Owasso(OK) 17-27 and Marion(AR) 24-38.  They have 5 more games to play in the afternoon session of Pool Play.

Gibson Southern tied Alma(AR) 29-29

Edited by WCGrad92

1 hour ago, WCGrad92 said:

For the morning session,  Gibson Southern starts out 0-2, with losses to Owasso(OK) 17-27 and Marion(AR) 24-38.  They have 5 more games to play in the afternoon session of Pool Play.

Thanks

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, WCGrad92 said:

GS also defeated Elkins, AR 35-19, defeated Springdale, AR 32-24 and defeated Rogers Heritage, AR 30-15.  I don't think they stream until tournament play tomorrow...if they do it this year like last.  The GS Football Twitter and Facebook pages are posting scores in addition the Southwest Elite 7 on 7 twitter feed.

Edited by Titan32

This is crossed posted in the SIAC thread as we had a team from both conferences practice against New Pal. Hoped everyone had a good evening!

My take away from observing all three units and   Watched mainly the 1 st units from each team.

I was concerned how HH would match up with Reitz and New Pal... but I felt coming away that we will be just fine in our PAC play and 3A tourney play. We were able to compete and move the ball. Reitz had big line but overall I felt all three first units lines had some real positives. Naturally a few break downs once in awhile but for this early in the summer... all 3 have something to be very excited about!

Reitz- very impressed with the defense... big secondary... big LBers... flew to the ball well. The panther running game will be huge for them this year. Should open up their passing game but I believe their bread and butter will be a bruising ground game.

New Pal- mixed bag here... they look like a team that will be able to go either way with a running game or air it out if that's what the defense forces them to do. 

HH moved the ball well in the passing game. Looks like we will be a team looking to spread the field... we had a lot of good vertical routes that moved the ball deep. 

Overall based on my assessment and naturally understanding all teams stayed basic ... the coaches came away with some very good positives and some teachable moments that all three teams will get better with rework. Very good practice for all of us. Hope we can do it again next year. Very competitive 3 teams here and all were great exposure to one another. Best of luck to Reitz and New Pal!!

Edited just now by PAC FAN

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Titan32 said:

GS also defeated Elkins, AR 35-19, defeated Springdale, AR 32-24 and defeated Rogers Heritage, AR 30-15.  I don't think they stream until tournament play tomorrow...if they do it this year like last.  The GS Football Twitter and Facebook pages are posting scores in addition the Southwest Elite 7 on 7 twitter feed.

How has the tourney play gone today for GS... any updates yet?

Edited by PAC FAN

1 hour ago, PAC FAN said:

How has the tourney play gone today for GS... any updates yet?

From the @elite7on7 twitter - it looks like GS was seeded #12 going into tourney play.

The won their first round game, but then lost to #5 seed and then #6 seed in the loser's bracket and they have been eliminated.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, PAC FAN said:

This is crossed posted in the SIAC thread as we had a team from both conferences practice against New Pal. Hoped everyone had a good evening!

My take away from observing all three units and   Watched mainly the 1 st units from each team.

I was concerned how HH would match up with Reitz and New Pal... but I felt coming away that we will be just fine in our PAC play and 3A tourney play. We were able to compete and move the ball. Reitz had big line but overall I felt all three first units lines had some real positives. Naturally a few break downs once in awhile but for this early in the summer... all 3 have something to be very excited about!

Reitz- very impressed with the defense... big secondary... big LBers... flew to the ball well. The panther running game will be huge for them this year. Should open up their passing game but I believe their bread and butter will be a bruising ground game.

New Pal- mixed bag here... they look like a team that will be able to go either way with a running game or air it out if that's what the defense forces them to do. 

HH moved the ball well in the passing game. Looks like we will be a team looking to spread the field... we had a lot of good vertical routes that moved the ball deep. 

Overall based on my assessment and naturally understanding all teams stayed basic ... the coaches came away with some very good positives and some teachable moments that all three teams will get better with rework. Very good practice for all of us. Hope we can do it again next year. Very competitive 3 teams here and all were great exposure to one another. Best of luck to Reitz and New Pal!!

Edited just now by PAC FAN

Did Jones, Carter and Sigler all 3 get reps at QB ??

1 hour ago, dave mosbey said:

Did Jones, Carter and Sigler all 3 get reps at QB ??

1 Jones 

2. Carter

not sure on sigler. He did play WR on 1st unit and Kendell as well at a slot

4 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

From the @elite7on7 twitter - it looks like GS was seeded #12 going into tourney play.

The won their first round game, but then lost to #5 seed and then #6 seed in the loser's bracket and they have been eliminated.

Thanks for the update!

• Upvote 1