• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/21/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired

Gridguy, fair points. You like you're chances as you should. I like the matchup allot for us.. that's why we play the games. 

see you Friday 

Gridguy, fair points. You like you're chances as you should. I like the matchup allot for us.. that's why we play the games. 

see you Friday 

• Upvote 1

The newest AP Football Poll has Concord No. 3 in 5A. NorthWood drops to No. 5 in 4A, while Plymouth is at 7 and Northridge is 10th.  Pretty good showing for the NLC!

Northridge @ Plymouth - Rockies by 14

Wawasee @ Concord - Minutemen by 28

Warsaw @ Memorial - Tigers by 12

Goshen @ Northwood - Panthers by 30

The newest AP Football Poll has Concord No. 3 in 5A. NorthWood drops to No. 5 in 4A, while Plymouth is at 7 and Northridge is 10th.  Pretty good showing for the NLC!

Northridge @ Plymouth - Rockies by 14

Wawasee @ Concord - Minutemen by 28

Warsaw @ Memorial - Tigers by 12

Goshen @ Northwood - Panthers by 30

• Upvote 1

Sectional 19 is going to be a brutal one:

East Noble very good...

CMA and Angola 3-0, of course us, Rockies and NR...

• Upvote 1

Plymouth is the greatest team ever assembled. All 11 of them have committed to Alabama even though they could all go straight to the NFL if they really wanted to. And don't even get me started on drudge. He hits harder than any NFL player I know. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

1 hour ago, backerfan said:

East Noble very good...

Angola beat a good Leo team as well. Good points. Good luck to all this week. 

1 hour ago, Raider Fan said:

Plymouth is the greatest team ever assembled. All 11 of them have committed to Alabama even though they could all go straight to the NFL if they really wanted to. And don't even get me started on drudge. He hits harder than any NFL player I know. 

Perfect example of Hyperbole.......In case anyone was wondering......

Northridge @ Plymouth:  Game of the week - will tell a lot about both teams for this season and how well they react.

Wawasee @ Concord:  Concord should roll.

Warsaw @ Memorial:  Toss-up of the week.  Tigers should win, but both teams are typical shaky.

Goshen @ Northwood:  Northwood should roll, just need to shake off last week.

• Upvote 1

as well as a "first time" poster by an eleven year old.... Good to see you post.. Good luck Friday. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

2 hours ago, backerfan said:

East Noble very good...

Yeah probably a few sectional champion worthy teams will be involved in our bloodbath of a sectional

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, tigerpride said:

Angola beat a good Leo team as well. Good points. Good luck to all this week. 

I'm waiting for the mention of them to stir up the guy from after the 2014 NR/Leo game.  It's been a while since I've seen/heard any of his wisdom and thoughts on Tom Wogoman!

15 minutes ago, NRRaider2001 said:

I'm waiting for the mention of them to stir up the guy from after the 2014 NR/Leo game.  It's been a while since I've seen/heard any of his wisdom and thoughts on Tom Wogoman!

Oh my... please... not that again lol

Back to back weeks I'm going to injure my shoulder from patting myself too hard after calling another game by the exact point differential.

On 9/1/2017 at 11:23 AM, NLCTigerFan07 said:

#1 (4A) NorthWood (2-0, 0-0) @ #7 (5A) Concord (2-0, 1-0): I have absolutely no idea how this isn't the Channel 46 Game of the Week.  I know NorthWood was already featured Week 1 against Jimtown, but come on... even as a proud Warsaw fan that is excited to have the rivalry game against Plymouth televised and our beautiful facility shown off... I just don't get it! This should be one of the best games of the NLC season, and the Jake will be rockin'! The NorthWood Black Crunch Defense is stout... but there's something inside me that's saying to pick the Minutemen... CONCORD by 3

I did go 3-1 last week (going with my heart instead of everything else in my body by picking Warsaw by 1... ouch) and I'm at 14-5 on the season so far. What a game in Dunlap, and impressive showings by Plymouth and Northridge leading up to this week's NLC Game of the Week. Getting into this weeks match-ups: (*reminder I use the IFCA Coaches' Poll)

#6 (5A) Concord (3-0, 1-0) @ Wawasee (1-2, 0-1): Fresh off a huge victory at home over defending NLC and 4A North champion NorthWood, Concord looks to start the first of back-to-back road games (and 3 out of their next 4). Luckily for them, I can't see either of their next two opponents giving much of a challenge (or really Jimtown in three weeks either).  The Warriors held strong for about 1.5 quarters last week, but Northridge had their way with Wawasee's defense to the tune of 415 total yards, 255 of which were rushing. The Minutemen have a trio of capable rushers in Lietzen, DeBroka and their QB Cain. Meanwhile the Warriors offense has only managed to score 26 total points the last two weeks after putting up 53 in Week 1. This won't be competitive past the first few drives... CONCORD by 24

Goshen (1-2, 1-0) @ #5 (4A) NorthWood (2-1, 0-1): For the first time in 10 regular season NLC games (Sept 25, 2015 21-31 loss to Northridge), the Panthers took a loss on the gridiron. Is a possible repeat of the 2015 season in order this week when NorthWood (fresh off a loss at Concord) welcomed Goshen to Nappanee and fell flat in a 20-14 Redhawk victory? In the words of the great Lee Corso... NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND! While Goshen finally got into the win column last week and has showed steady improvement week by week, I expect the Panthers to take their frustration out on the Redhawks back at Andrews Field this Friday night... NORTHWOOD by 28

Northridge (3-0, 1-0) @ #7 (4A) Plymouth (3-0, 1-0): In the aforementioned GOTW in the NLC, the Raiders and Rockies collide in Plymouth for what should be a great game. Both teams put away their opponents pretty handily last week with impressive rushing statistics, and neither defense is a slouch. This one will be a slugfest. Northridge picked up a somewhat surprising win last year in the series, but they won't be sneaking up on the Rockies this year. Both offenses are averaging 30+ points so far, but both defenses are averaging around 12 points. I'd put my money on the first team that gets to 21, and the team will be wearing red at the Rockpile... PLYMOUTH by 6

Warsaw (1-2, 0-1) @ Elkhart Memorial (0-3, 0-1): To round out this week in the NLC is what will probably be a good game between two down teams. Warsaw has faced back-to-back tough teams in East Noble and Plymouth (how fun is Sectional 19 going to be come tournament time???) and Columbia City has won their 2 games since Week 1 for what it's worth. The Crimson Chargers have seemingly regressed each week as well. It's hard to write much about this game considering how underwhelming each team has been. For what it's worth (and trying not to be a homer), there's absolutely no way Warsaw should lose this game. Both Goshen and Concord used their rushing offenses to defeat Memorial, and Warsaw sure doesn't have much of a passing attack going on this year. Although, there have been times in the past (2015 specifically) when the Tigers should have soundly defeated Memorial and didn't. Coach Jensen picks up his 100th win on the Tiger sideline... WARSAW by 10

Edited by NLCTigerFan07
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, Fairfield02 said:

Not that anyone cares....I pick Northridge.  Northridge 21 Plymouth 17

Well sure we care! LOL I think everyone on this thread appreciates as much content as possible ;) definitely could end up as a score like that. It's always hard for me to pick against Plymouth at the Rock Pile

7 minutes ago, Fairfield02 said:

Not that anyone cares....I pick Northridge.  Northridge 21 Plymouth 17

I hope you're right, I'll be making the trip from Middlebury to Plymouth tomorrow night...I just have a hard time picking against Plymouth at home.  Although Northridge is 3-0 right now, our opponent record is 1-8.  Plymouth is 3-0 with their opponents at 4-5.  This will be the Raiders first game on Field Turf this year, and they've been really impressive running the ball so far, maybe that will help a little?  I also wouldn't sleep on Hooley, he has a hell of an arm, and one of his top receivers was under the weather last week (still had a good game).

Just now, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Well sure we care! LOL I think everyone on this thread appreciates as much content as possible ;) definitely could end up as a score like that. It's always hard for me to pick against Plymouth at the Rock Pile

Also our last trip to Plymouth was a really bad night for the Raiders....we lost Nick Hooley to a broken foot (he's finally healthy after that injury 2 years ago after having the screws removed earlier this year), and Dalton Slabaugh to a nasty back injury.  Hopefully tomorrow night both teams come away healthy.  Like everyone is saying, even though we're only 4 weeks in, Sectional 19 is looking to be one of the top ones in our region.

• Upvote 1

Cross posted from another thread:

Northern Lakes Conference with a few big games these last couple of weeks:

4A -  #7 Plymouth at home against 4A #10 Northridge tomorrow night.  

5A -  #3 Concord took down then 4A #1 Northwood by 3 at home last Friday night.

Sectional 19 is shaping up to be one of the better ones in the North in my opinion - 

Angola #11 (3-0)

Culver Academies (3-0)

Dekalb (0-3)

East Noble #17 (2-1)

Northridge #10 (3-0)

Northwood #5  (2-1)

Plymouth #7 (3-0)

Wawasee (1-2)

The reality is, the Rockies beat which will end up being a pretty decent NLC team at home 42-7, and pulled starters early 4th quarter. Tigers had 40 total yards of offense while starters played. 40. Having seen Plymouth in person, this game will not be close. And they beat a East Noble team, which will end the year 8-1. 

I love the NR posters here, but will be shocked with any other outcome. Enjoy

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, tigerpride said:

Having seen Plymouth in person, this game will not be close.

Will it be closer than it was with Warsaw?

4 minutes ago, Fairfield02 said:

Will it be closer than it was with Warsaw?

Having not seen Northridge play... the only reason I'd say yes is because I have more faith in the Raider defense than I do the Tiger defense at this point. Thoughts @tigerpride ?

Clearly Plymouth is the favorite, for us to win we will need to play verrryyy well. For us to win we need to win the turnover battle, be efficient throwing the football with 2-3 20+yard plays, and keep Plymouth from creating explosive plays. Ultimately think game will come down to how physical our front 7 is on defense and how we throw the ball. 

Curious has anybody here seen both NR and Plymouth play this year??

Plymouth is difficult to beat at home my head says Plymouth 28-14 but my bias says we play great and win 24-21