• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Cathedral: Rick Strieff

On 2/21/2017 at 5:46 PM, SBguy said:

So what's going to happen to Holley?

Possible position change, I could be wrong I'm sure they'll compete during two a days and so on but my money is on the younger kid

Update on the NLC All-Sports Trophy Standings following the winter sports:

Boys:

81 - Concord (Soccer, Tennis champions)

78 - Warsaw (Basketball champions, Cross Country co-champions)

77 - Northridge (Wrestling, Swimming champions, Cross Country co-champions)

75 - Goshen

61 - Plymouth

50 - NorthWood (Football champions)

44 - Elkhart Memorial

38 - Wawasee

Girls:

85 - Northridge (Soccer, Swimming, Basketball champions)

75 - Warsaw (Cross Country champions)

68 - Conocrd (Volleyball champions)

49 - NorthWood (Golf champions)

43 - Plymouth

39 - Wawasee

37 - Elkhart Memorial

36 - Goshen

Wawasee will be looking for a new football coach. Coach Ekovich announced his resignation to the team this morning.

On 4/21/2017 at 8:15 AM, Houndstooth_Hat said:

Wawasee will be looking for a new football coach. Coach Ekovich announced his resignation to the team this morning.

Odd timing...

59 minutes ago, GridironGuy said:

Odd timing...

In the article posted at http://www.inkfreenews.com/2017/04/22/ekovich-steps-down-as-wawasee-football-coach/ he says it stems from spending time with his family over spring break.  Best of luck to Coach Ekovich in the future and, who knows, perhaps he'll get back into coaching in the future!  Any internal candidates being discussed?  Any outside candidates that would be looking to come in to the mix?  I know GD isn't high on "rumors", but I don't see why we can't talk about who we think would make good candidates for the job.

• Upvote 1

Update on the NLC All-Sports Trophy Standings with only Baseball and Golf left on the Boy's side and Softball left on the girls side.  Both will have some close battles as the spring sports wrap up!

Boys:

94 - Warsaw (Track & Field, Basketball champions, Cross Country co-champions)

91 - Northridge (Wrestling, Swimming champions, Cross Country co-champions)

89 - Concord (Soccer, Tennis champions)

85 - Goshen

67 - Plymouth

62 - NorthWood (Football champions)

48 - Elkhart Memorial

40 - Wawasee

Girls:

103 - Warsaw (Track & Field, Cross Country champions)

98 - Northridge (Soccer, Swimming, Basketball champions)

96 - Concord (Volleyball champions)

65 - Plymouth (Tennis champions)

61 - NorthWood (Golf champions)

57 - Elkhart Memorial

48 - Wawasee

48 - Goshen

*One interesting thing to note about the Girls, it's looking like they'll have 6 of the 8 schools with at least one championship as the Wawasee girls softball team has clinched a that conference title I believe.  Really cool!  I think Northridge will add another 14 points in softball, so Warsaw will need to clinch at least 3rd or 4th in softball to keep their lead. I believe Warsaw is currently 4th in softball, and faces 3rd place Concord in the final NLC game of the season. The winner will clinch 3rd place, while the loser will be 4th or tied for 4th.  Could see a shared title between Northridge and Warsaw at 112 points a piece!

*Northridge and Goshen will both make up ground on the baseball diamond on Warsaw on the Boys side of things, and Northridge and Warsaw are among the favorites in golf with NorthWood and Plymouth. At this point, I'd have to predict Northridge will edge out Warsaw by 4 or 6 points there, but the NLC match should be a great one!

• Upvote 1

Nice breakdown. Always a good effort NLCTIGER.

We will also win baseball... Having a really great year. A fun team to watch and simply play and coach the right way.  No idea what happened to Plymouth in baseball, they have two of the better kids in northern Indiana, yet way way back. NR has had a nice year as well quality group and staff. They will finish in second, Goshen third.

See everyone in the late summer

Honestly? A 1A below .500 NECC school? The coaching futility at Wawasee will apparently continue....

On 4/24/2017 at 1:30 PM, GridironGuy said:

Odd timing...

Shoved out the door by corp administration....

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Houndstooth_Hat said:

Honestly? A 1A below .500 NECC school? The coaching futility at Wawasee will apparently continue....

??? care to share more about this cryptic message... there are only 3 (1A) NECC schools... and I'd only consider 1 to be a below .500 program in recent years

Edited by NLCTigerFan07

40 minutes ago, Houndstooth_Hat said:

Career coaching record is below .500. 

Well there are only two options there... you're saying one of those two will be roaming the Warrior sideline next fall?

5 minutes ago, Houndstooth_Hat said:

Yep, and he will not be trying to defeat Fremont or Prairie Heights.....

Hmmm but has he gone 39-25 over the last 6 years?

19 hours ago, Houndstooth_Hat said:

Not impressed

Done deal? Any idea when it'll be announced?

57 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

There is a special School Board Meeting on Tuesday evening (5/23/17). Presumably after the hire becomes official it will be made public.

On 5/16/2017 at 9:20 AM, NLCTigerFan07 said:

??? care to share more about this cryptic message... there are only 3 (1A) NECC schools... and I'd only consider 1 to be a below .500 program in recent years

I have been looking (I do not know what the NECC acronym stands for), what schools are in the NECC?

6 minutes ago, Coach Ellenwood said:

I have been looking (I do not know what the NECC acronym stands for), what schools are in the NECC?

North East Corner Conference 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Coach Ellenwood said:

Northeast Corner Conference

Big Division - Angola (4A), Fairfield (3A), Garrett (3A), Lakeland (3A), West Noble (3A)

Small Division - Central Noble (2A), Churubusco (1A), Eastside (1A), Fremont (1A), Prairie Heights (2A)

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Well, the cat is out of the bag. Eastside's Mike Eshbach is the new coach at Wawasee. He was meeting with students, teachers, and administrators at Wawasee today according to a several players and confirmed by a coach on the staff.

• Upvote 1

Update on the NLC All-Sports Trophy Standings.  The girls title is unofficial, but I believe it is correct.  The boys will be finalized this evening following the 9-hole NLC Golf Championship in Plymouth after rain Saturday postponed the event.

Girls Final (unofficial):

113.5 - Warsaw (Track & Field, Cross Country champions)

112 - Northridge (Soccer, Swimming, Basketball champions)

107.5 - Concord (Volleyball champions)

67.5 - NorthWood (Golf champions)

66.5 - Plymouth (Tennis champions)

64 - Elkhart Memorial

61 - Wawasee (Softball champions)

56 - Goshen

*The reason I say this is unofficial is because I am unsure how exactly the Girl's Tennis standings are determined. In the only article I read that actually listed scores, it had the team standings as: Plymouth 15.5, Concord 13.5, Warsaw 12.5, NorthWood 10.5, Elkhart Memorial 8, Wawasee 5, Northridge 5, Goshen 2.  It is the only sport that I've seen with decimals, and I'm assuming it comes from a combination of regular season standings and NLC tournament results (I think golf does as well, since Northridge girls received 11 points from golf, even though they finished in 6th place [typically only 6 points] at the NLC girls golf tournament in the fall).  Either way, the half point doesn't change anything among the top 3 schools, and the only effect on the standings is NorthWood and Plymouth girls would tie for 4th.

Boys with only Golf left (5/22):

105 - Northridge (Wrestling, Swimming champions, Cross Country co-champions)

98 - Warsaw (Track & Field, Basketball champions, Cross Country co-champions)

97 - Goshen

91 - Concord (Soccer, Tennis champions)

78 - NorthWood (Baseball, Football champions)

73 - Plymouth

58 - Elkhart Memorial

48 - Wawasee

*Northridge, Plymouth and Warsaw all tied at (6-1) in the NLC golf regular season standings. I'm assuming (based off what I've seen looking into girl's golf) that all three of those schools scored 7 points a piece for their regular season championship.  I believe that means Warsaw can add a maximum of 15 points (7 regular season plus 8 for outright tournament win) and would put them at 113 points.  Northridge already sits at 112 points with their 7 regular season points, and is guaranteed at least 1 point no matter where they finish tonight.  The only chance there is a shared title on the boys side will be if Warsaw wins and Northridge finishes in last this evening.  Otherwise (and extremely likely), it appears Northridge take the Boy's NLC All-Sports Title this year.