• Announcements

    • Coach Nowlin

      HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/21/2017

      CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired

Recommended Posts

56 minutes ago, GridironGuy said:

Well hoping for no let up this week against goshen. Wanna roll into Dunlap undefeated for a chance at conference! Interested to see where we are ranked now in 4A after Friday's win. Happy monday

Grid to my knowledge we've never won the NLC, is that correct?  I know the only other time we've started 6-0 was in 1975.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NRRaider2001 said:

Grid to my knowledge we've never won the NLC, is that correct?  I know the only other time we've started 6-0 was in 1975.

I believe that is correct, year we won sectional and regional Plymouth went undefeated and won. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NRRaider2001 said:

Grid to my knowledge we've never won the NLC, is that correct?  I know the only other time we've started 6-0 was in 1975.

Maybe that is why some people have a hard time accepting the success you are experiencing....regardless if you win the NLC or not, great start to your season...kids must be tough, well coached, and executing well.  All credit to Ridge...not everyone else's "mistakes" they keep making while they play you.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Fairfield02 said:

Maybe that is why some people have a hard time accepting the success you are experiencing....regardless if you win the NLC or not, great start to your season...kids must be tough, well coached, and executing well.  All credit to Ridge...not everyone else's "mistakes" they keep making while they play you.

Couldn't agree more, I know nobody is used to us being top half of the NLC let alone tied at the top.

Outside of 1 troll from our side, I've seen nothing from NR begging for anything, or feeling sorry for anyone.  As much as @SlickHair is trying to push that agenda, it simply isn't true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats to Northridge on the win Friday. Because of their lack of history it's tough for people not in "the know" to give NR any credit for what they have accomplished. After last week they definitely proved they are one of the best in the NLC (maybe the best, who knows...) and a team that will be a player in the 4A north.  Woggaman is building something in Middleberry which is exciting because that community has GREAT potential to be a power in years to come if they continue on this course. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, indianastate33 said:

Congrats to Northridge on the win Friday. Because of their lack of history it's tough for people not in "the know" to give NR any credit for what they have accomplished. After last week they definitely proved they are one of the best in the NLC (maybe the best, who knows...) and a team that will be a player in the 4A north.  Woggaman is building something in Middleberry which is exciting because that community has GREAT potential to be a power in years to come if they continue on this course. 

I could foresee a rematch of 2014 come playoff time, if we can somehow escape our brutal sectional, would like to see us and New Prairie face each other again.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's refreshing for SF to finally (after all these years on the GID since 2005 and the Kirkton years) be able to say with conviction that the NLC game of the season will be coming down to NR and Concord meeting in 2 weeks.  Well deserved recognition to the Raiders.

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It has been a remarkable season for the Raiders up to this point. Hats off to Coach Wogoman for what he and his staff have accomplished with this group.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Enough about us how is everyone else feeling about their teams? Underperformed expectations overachieved? Personally I'm surprised at how goshen has regressed while I feel everyone else has played to about the level I thought with the exception of concord. Didn't see this strong off a season coming.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, GridironGuy said:

Enough about us how is everyone else feeling about their teams? Underperformed expectations overachieved? Personally I'm surprised at how goshen has regressed while I feel everyone else has played to about the level I thought with the exception of concord. Didn't see this strong off a season coming.

I'm also curious, what's Goshen's situation at QB?  is their sophomore still hurt?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, NRRaider2001 said:

Couldn't agree more, I know nobody is used to us being top half of the NLC let alone tied at the top.

Outside of 1 troll from our side, I've seen nothing from NR begging for anything, or feeling sorry for anyone.  As much as @SlickHair is trying to push that agenda, it simply isn't true.

Trust me.....this is one of my more tame agendas!!!!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NRRaider2001 said:

I'm also curious, what's Goshen's situation at QB?  is their sophomore still hurt?

Yup, and the backup doesn't quite have a good rhythm with his receivers yet, nor is he quick enough to run out of the read option effectively even once he gets comfortable.  To make matters even better, Goshen's star RB was evaluated for a concussion on the third play of the Warsaw game.  There've been some pretty serious misfortunes for the Redhawks lately.  It's part of the game, of course, but it's hard to adjust to having your two biggest playmakers sidelined.  The offense is so ineffective at this point, the defense just kinda wears down from having to be on the field the whole game.  Goshen probably needs some soul-searching and some returns from injuries if they want to make noise at all for the rest of the season.

So I wouldn't really say Goshen has "regressed" so much as I'd say they lost a lot of playmaking ability, which isn't good, especially for an offense that relies on staying ahead of the chains.

Edited by iogyhufi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, iogyhufi said:

Yup, and the backup doesn't quite have a good rhythm with his receivers yet, nor is he quick enough to run out of the read option effectively even once he gets comfortable.  To make matters even better, Goshen's star RB was evaluated for a concussion on the third play of the Warsaw game.  There've been some pretty serious misfortunes for the Redhawks lately.  It's part of the game, of course, but it still hurts to have your two biggest playmakers sidelined.  The offense is so ineffective at this point, the defense just kinda wears down from having to be on the field the whole game.  Goshen probably needs some soul-searching and some returns from injuries if they want to make noise at all for the rest of the season.

So I wouldn't really say Goshen has "regressed" so much as I'd say they lost a lot of playmaking ability, which isn't good, especially for an offense that relies on staying ahead of the chains.

That's too bad, I feel your pain, the year after our Semi State run, we lost our starting QB (for the most part of 2 years) and a stud LB.  Thankfully this year our stud QB we lost in 2015 is back and better than ever, and his backup is better than many starters in the state.

I think you guys are in good hands with Park though, just an off year, and you guys were bound to have a bit of a letdown after all the success of last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, NRRaider2001 said:

That's too bad, I feel your pain, the year after our Semi State run, we lost our starting QB (for the most part of 2 years) and a stud LB.  Thankfully this year our stud QB we lost in 2015 is back and better than ever, and his backup is better than many starters in the state.

I think you guys are in good hands with Park though, just an off year, and you guys were bound to have a bit of a letdown after all the success of last year.

That's fair, and I'm sure you're right.  Coach Park looked like he finally had us back on track after last year and, had the injury bug not bitten as hard as it did, I think this year would've been similar.  One silver lining of injury-riddled seasons is that young guys get varsity experience that'll help them get better in future seasons, so I hope that this year helps us build an even stronger team for next year.

Also, interestingly enough, Goshen's starting QB was injured for most last season too.  But the backup did a fantastic job (including leading us to our first win over Concord in forever), which gives me some hope for the immediate future.  Gonna be tough sledding the next two weeks, though (@NR, @Ply).  Woof.

Edited by iogyhufi
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last week was my best week of predictions going 5-0 (even a broken clock is right twice a day).  I had Memorial by 27, they won by 32 - Concord by 27, they won by 34 - Plymouth by 30, they won by 28 - Warsaw by 3, they won by 21 - Northridge by 1, they won by 10.  Doubt I get that lucky again, but hey, I'll take it.

 

My week 7 predictions:

Concord @ Plymouth - Even with home field advantage, it sounds like Plymouth got bitten by the injury bug last week.  Was hoping to see what could have the potential for the NLC/Area game of the week, but if what I'm hearing is true, I have to take Concord on the road in this one.

Concord by 12

Goshen @ Northridge - Possible trap game for Northridge looking ahead to potentially the biggest game of the year (I know I've said that 3 times so far)....With that being said, I believe Coach Wogoman keeps the Raiders focused this week, and with the unfortunate injury news from Goshen, I don't think it will even be close.  Homecoming for Northridge also and the chance to go 7-0 heading to Dunlap next week.

Northridge by 28

Northwood @ Elkhart Memorial - Northwood looks to rebound after a tough loss last week in Middlebury that knocked them out of the race for the NLC.  Memorial is coming off of their first win of the year against a previously unbeaten team.  I look for Northwood to take out their frustrations on Memorial and win easily.  Last year was 52-21, this year I don't think Memorial scores 3 touchdowns.

Northwood by 40

Wawasee @ Warsaw - Battle for the W - Even though both teams may not have the records they'd hoped for at this point in the season, this game is always a big one.  I think Wawasee keeps it close through 3 quarters, but I think Warsaw at home comes up with the W.

Warsaw by 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, NRRaider2001 said:

That's too bad, I feel your pain, the year after our Semi State run, we lost our starting QB (for the most part of 2 years) and a stud LB.  Thankfully this year our stud QB we lost in 2015 is back and better than ever, and his backup is better than many starters in the state.

I think you guys are in good hands with Park though, just an off year, and you guys were bound to have a bit of a letdown after all the success of last year.

Now that is a loser's mentality if I have ever heard one.  Any team can have a good year when they have good players.  PROGRAMS replace players and continue their success year in and year out (think Concord and Plymouth).  

Not sure I'm buying the injury bit for Goshen.  They got shut out week one with a full lineup by a 1-5 Fairfield team.  Do injuries make a difference? Absolutely, but at this point in the season, everyone is dealing with that to some extent.  

I hope some other teams in the conference can continue to build PROGRAMS.  I think Northridge is getting there, Northwood seems to also be heading in the right direction. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, NLC123 said:

Now that is a loser's mentality if I have ever heard one.  Any team can have a good year when they have good players.  PROGRAMS replace players and continue their success year in and year out (think Concord and Plymouth).  

Not sure I'm buying the injury bit for Goshen.  They got shut out week one with a full lineup by a 1-5 Fairfield team.  Do injuries make a difference? Absolutely, but at this point in the season, everyone is dealing with that to some extent.  

I hope some other teams in the conference can continue to build PROGRAMS.  I think Northridge is getting there, Northwood seems to also be heading in the right direction. 

So, insofar as I agree with the first sentence, I gotta disagree with the second, at least to a certain extent.  Goshen was running two different QBs out there (neither of whom ended up as the ultimate starter) and I think only completed one pass.  Fairfield stacked the box and dared us to throw and we couldn't.  Fairfield posters have pointed out that Fairfield got bit by the injury bug pretty quickly too.  Note also that it's not really "oh boo hoo injuries," but the critical injuries DID hit Goshen in the same place, and in a place where we were pretty thin beforehand.

And for heaven's sake, you can't expect a program to be instantly built into a dynasty after the first taste of success after over a decade of failure. I mean, heck, look at Wogoman's record last year. (Frankly, I think the fact that he walked into one of the more talented groups NR had had in a long while helped speed up the rebuild, but he's definitely getting them to a good place.)  There'll be setback years until and unless Goshen can really get the program established from youth football on up.  I've been told that our middle school teams are looking good, which I view as a promising sign in that direction.

If we're still here in 4 years, I'll be concerned, but I wanna believe that the Goshen football team has the coaching and community support in place to build something dynastic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, iogyhufi said:

 Fairfield posters have pointed out that Fairfield got bit by the injury bug pretty quickly too.  

We've been hit by lots of different bugs...needless to say, we haven't had the same team on the field yet since the Goshen game, and we unfortunately won't for the rest of the season...that's where only have 40 kids on our 9-12 roster is absolutely devastating.  I have faith that things will change though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Fairfield02 said:

We've been hit by lots of different bugs...needless to say, we haven't had the same team on the field yet since the Goshen game, and we unfortunately won't for the rest of the season...that's where only have 40 kids on our 9-12 roster is absolutely devastating.  I have faith that things will change though.

I have a nephew coming up through elementary school in Fairfield district, he comes and watches my son's games in MYFL and is interested in joining next year.  Does Fairfield have a youth program?  That might be a step in the right direction to getting more kids involved if not

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These are my "guesses" for what it's worth. (Not much)

Concord 28 Plymouth 14:  from the sounds of everything, Plymouth is not the same team, especially considering that they were ties 6-6 with Wawasee at the half last weekend.

Goshen 0 Northridge 42:  I think this one will go south for the Redhawks very quickly.  I think the Ridge D vs. Goshen O might not be in the favor of Goshen.  Maybe it will be closer than I think.

Northwood 35 Elkhart memorial 14:  I actually think that memorial might score a couple on that black crunch d....it won't be enough though. 

Wawasee 38 Warsaw 42....this one could get interesting.  Wawasee will score points, but they will give them up too.  I still don't see Wawasee (who got beat by the NECC's West Noble) beating their big brother down the road.

 

 

2 minutes ago, NRRaider2001 said:

I have a nephew coming up through elementary school in Fairfield district, he comes and watches my son's games in MYFL and is interested in joining next year.  Does Fairfield have a youth program?  That might be a step in the right direction to getting more kids involved if not

We have a 4th, 5th, and 6th grade program...called PFL (Prairie Football League)  They practice and play at Millersburg's Cook Station park.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Fairfield02 said:

Sorry...I didn't mean to stop the discussion.

Image result for can't type

A few random thoughts to hopefully get some conversation going.  

Tuesday afternoon, the Raiders were sent home due to lack of focus in practice...opposite of the very late/long practice leading up to the Warsaw game 2 weeks ago.  Coach Wogoman and his staff appear to have been able to effectively communicate the importance of focus this week since.

Tonight is the freshman game between two undefeated squads, Northwood at Northridge.  Hoping to catch the end of it after our practice tonight as I have friends with kids on the NW frosh team.

Read earlier on twitter that the Cubs have won the NLC, thought I was missing something for a minute.

Sunday afternoon is the Sectional draw, on IHSAA TV (streaming online).  Should be fun ,especially those of us in Sectional 19.

Why don't we have any posters from Concord, or Memorial?  everyone else in the NLC seems to be pretty well represented!

Former NLC star from Memorial/IU/Arizona Cardinals/LA Rams Ernie Jones was honored yesterday and inducted into the Indiana University Athletics Hall of Fame.

Edited by NRRaider2001
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sure the one and only NLCTiger will breakdown each and every game like no one else, but here is my breakdown.

Not one NLC game will be within 2 touchdowns this week.. 

Enjoy Friday football, but bring a flask... :)

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, NRRaider2001 said:

A few random thoughts to hopefully get some conversation going.  

Tuesday afternoon, the Raiders were sent home due to lack of focus in practice...opposite of the very late/long practice leading up to the Warsaw game 2 weeks ago.  Coach Wogoman and his staff appear to have been able to effectively communicate the importance of focus this week since.

Tonight is the freshman game between two undefeated squads, Northwood at Northridge.  Hoping to catch the end of it after our practice tonight as I have friends with kids on the NW frosh team.

Read earlier on twitter that the Cubs have won the NLC, thought I was missing something for a minute.

Sunday afternoon is the Sectional draw, on IHSAA TV (streaming online).  Should be fun ,especially those of us in Sectional 19.

Why don't we have any posters from Concord, or Memorial?  everyone else in the NLC seems to be pretty well represented!

Former NLC star from Memorial/IU/Arizona Cardinals/LA Rams Ernie Jones was honored yesterday and inducted into the Indiana University Athletics Hall of Fame.

I can remember in the early/mid 2000's when Concord seemed to turn the corner and really got consistently good.  There were PLENTY of Concord posters back then.  The NLC threads were dominated by them.  Appears the NR faithful have now taken on this role.   

Edited by scarletknights

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First time poster but a long time creeper. I love this thread and love the posts! I never seen some of your teams play but based on what I hear and stats, it sounds like Northridge is the real deal. I would like to think that Goshen (still can't get over the name change) are going to eventually get back to where we were last year but it is hard to tell. It seems like we are just lacking skilled players...Enough about us.

First attempt at predictions

I feel like we are forgetting that this is the NLC! I think that we are not giving some teams enough credit.

Goshen vs. Northridge: Ridge is the team to beat this year and I think that Goshen will hang for the first half. We still have some big dudes up front and will play hard, but from what I've heard, I think that Goshen will lose steam after half. Ridge 35-14

Concord vs. Plymouth: I have a couple relatives in concord. There seems to be a little bit of a buzz going on over there in the Concord. Sounds like Northridge may get a show next week with smoke, firetrucks, band performance, and fireworks. However; this is not in Dunlap this is in the infamous upgraded rock pile. Even though the rockies (5-1) may be banged up, they still want a piece of the NLC. Concord 24-21 OT

Northwood vs. Elkhart Memorial: I know how difficult it is to have a team not match the expectations of last year but Northwood is still a good team and will be dark horse in the meat grinder that is sectional 19. I don't know a lot about EM but I always think they have potential. Northwood 35-0

Wawasee vs. Warsaw: I'm with Fairfield02 on this one. I don't think Plymouth was as bad as much as Wawasee is getting better. I know they've had some qb issues (I feel your pain) but maybe Wawasee has found some consistency. I'm thinking this one is close. Warsaw 28-24

Good luck to all and stay warm!

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.