• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/20/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired

10 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

and you're going with Concord because of this reason? No disrespect to the Minutemen special teams whatsoever, but the Tigers have a dandy in sophomore kicker Harrison Mevis (Andrew's younger brother).  Add Zach Riley's kickoff and punt return abilities... hard to believe that's where the difference will be.  Both teams are fairly evenly matched up in that department IMO.

Side note, NorthWood freshmen WALLOPED Warsaw last night 47-7.  Warsaw's freshmen finish 6-3, 4-3 in the NLC, but I know they had two or three starters that got pulled up to JV/Varsity earlier in the season (including wide receiver Luke Adamiec who caught a touchdown against Wawasee and picked up a huge 1st down last week against NorthWood).

Not saying Concord has better special teams.  Just saying it might come down to a field goal or one team may make a play in that department that is the difference.  I agree both teams are good in the kicking game.

• Upvote 1

Warsaw Freshmen finished 6-3, Northwood 7-2, Northridge 9-0, anyone know how the rest of the conference did this season?

Went 1-3 last week (Sorry Raiders for doubting you!  Thank you Tigers for making me look bad! And I called the offensive struggle that was Wawasee/Memorial... just picked the wrong team to win by 1 point!)  Anyway, my congratulations to the Northridge Raiders on their first NLC Championship in school history.  If the northern 4A state representative comes from Sectional 19 (Northridge, Angola, CMA, Plymouth, East Noble or NorthWood)... they will have been BATTLE tested for sure with a potential New Haven/Leo/Dwenger regional clash and then a semi-state appearance against Lowell/Griffith/New Prairie/Hobart/Mishawaka... it'll definitely be fun to watch!  First up, the final week of the regular season:

#2 (4A) Northridge (8-0, 6-0) @ Elkhart Memorial (1-7, 0-6):  Not much to say here.  The Raiders should roll right along against a hapless Memorial squad.  The Crimson Chargers haven't scored more than 14 points in an NLC game all season and face the #2 scoring defense in the NLC (13.2 ppg in conference games).  That being said, I don't think the Raiders will necessarily score nonstop against Memorial.  With a comfortable lead at halftime, I could see them resting a few players here and there as they prepare for the aformentioned gauntlet known as Sectional 19... NORTHRIDGE by 22

#13 (4A) Plymouth (6-2, 4-2) @ #15 (4A) NorthWood (5-3, 3-3): Game of the week in the conference (although depending what Warsaw team shows up in Dunlap tonight could sway that), the Rockies and Panthers should provide a quality battle (and potential preview of a sectional championship???).  Even though Plymouth ended up beating Goshen by 20 points last week, that game was tied 21-21 midway through the 3rd quarter before the Rockies turned it on.  I haven't heard much lately, but how are they injury wise?  Are they still banged up?  Or are they getting healthy?  Either way, following NorthWood's loss at Warsaw last week, I feel like the Panthers will be looking to rebound in extraordinary fashion.  The last time NorthWood lost at home was way back in Week 4 of the 2015 season on September 11th against Goshen.  In fact, the Panthers have only lost 4 home games in Coach Nate Andrews 4 seasons at the helm. The two teams are extremely similar in terms of offensive and defensive scoring, and both lost tight games to Concord and Northridge.  I'll stick with the home team and those two point conversion attempts... NORTHWOOD by 2

Warsaw (5-3, 4-2) @ #7 (5A) Concord (7-1, 5-1): This is an extremely intriguing game to me this week.  Warsaw surprised the heck out of me last week after they were down 28-10 in the 3rd quarter and came back to win.  In past years, I feel like the Tigers would fold in those types of games.  However, they stuck with their game plan, executed when it mattered and took advantage of mistakes by NorthWood to find themselves in a battle for 2nd place in the conference.  Reread that... with a win tonight, Warsaw could tie with Concord and potentially Plymouth for 2nd place in the conference (which would be HUGE for the NLC All-Sports Trophy race).  The 1st quarter will determine how this game will go.  Shocking, I know.  But in all seriousness, if the Tigers come out and play like they did in the 2nd half last week AND the Minutemen show any sort of hangover effect from last week's game, Warsaw could compete and win.  If Warsaw comes out and isn't focused and Concord plays like they have for most of the season, that could spell trouble.  Just going off the fact that Northridge was able to rush for 256 yards and the Raider QB had 114 yards on 16 carries and the Tigers have seemed to find a good offensive rhythm over the last 2 weeks with Larsh running the ball, I suppose I'll go with the upset... WARSAW by 4

Wawasee (2-6, 1-5) @ Goshen (1-7, 1-5): Yawn.  Here's to hoping both programs are able to get better in the offseason and head in the right direction.  I understand that throughout a conference season, you're going to have to have some teams end up near the bottom, but it'd be great to see all NLC teams competitive week in and week out.  I think Coach Park has made strides and will continue to get the Redhawks moving towards their old ways. Coach Eshbach was hired later than what you'd like to see and has dealt with quite the injury bug in Syracuse this season.  This week, I'll take the team that has shown the ability to put the ball in the endzone over the last two weeks... GOSHEN by 14

Beautiful evening for football tonight!  We've certainly lucked out weather wise on Friday nights this season.

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:04 AM, GridironGuy said:

Well outside of an apocalyptic meltdown we should secure our first outright NLC championship tomorrow night. Only game I'm really interested in this week is Plymouth and NW

In football......NR has dominated in a few sports and been very competitive in many for a long time.  Even winning the all-sports title a few times.  Will be easier to get that title with the football program contributing like it is now. 

28 minutes ago, Swordfish said:

In football......NR has dominated in a few sports and been very competitive in many for a long time.  Even winning the all-sports title a few times.  Will be easier to get that title with the football program contributing like it is now. 

Yes should've stated that but I think most NLC followers know 

Weird start at memorial, after all the players were on the field ready, they remembered that they forgot to play the national anthem.. then the chargers proceeded to attempt and recover an onside kick, going 4 and out 

Edited by NRRaider2001

Didn’t post this week because I had no idea how we would react this week. With that said, we did well. Smart had the best game both defensively and offensively in his career. Any college will be fortunate to have him. Loved the creative offense.  Both Yoder’s made me proud. O line played well. A giant caveat to the outcome is, Plymouth playing without Drudge on defense, is simply a huge difference. Watching huddle, smart and Drudge were/are the difference makers that can’t be overcome. Plymouth’s d is a shell of themselves compared to a few weeks ago. 

Enjoy Saturday football 

• Upvote 2

Well, new season starts now. Can’t feel sorry for yourself. Losing *%#!?*s, but learn from it. NWs speed is very impressive. We simply could not match that. Knowing our staff, I’m sure they are already putting a game plan together for East noble. 

Congrats to the many NR fans here. Enjoy it 

• Upvote 2

Unofficial All Sports Standings following the fall seasons.  Please let me know if I made a mistake anywhere:

BOYS SO FB TE CC TOTAL  
Concord 12 14 16 14 56 *TE Champs
Northridge 6 16 10 12 44 *FB Champs
Warsaw 10 10 8 16 44 *CC Champs
Goshen 16 4 12 8 40 *SO Champs
NorthWood 4 10 14 4 32  
Plymouth 14 10 6 2 32  
Wawasee 2 6 4 10 22  
Elkhart Memorial 8 2 2 6 18  

GIRLS SO VB GO CC TOTAL  
Northridge 16 6 14 16 52 *SO, CC Champs
NorthWood 10 15 16 10 51 *GO Champs, VB Co-Champs
Warsaw 14 11 12 14 51  
Concord 8 15 10 12 45 *VB Co-Champs
Plymouth 6 11 6 2 25  
Elkhart Memorial 4 8 4 8 24  
Goshen 12 4 2 4 22  
Wawasee 2 2 8 6 18  

All Sports

101 - Concord

96 - Northridge

95 - Warsaw

83 - NorthWood

62 - Goshen

57 - Plymouth

42 - Elkhart Memorial

40 - Wawasee

Edited by NLCTigerFan07
  • Upvote 3

On 10/16/2017 at 1:49 PM, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Unofficial All Sports Standings following the fall seasons.  Please let me know if I made a mistake anywhere:

BOYS SO FB TE CC TOTAL  
Concord 12 14 16 14 56 *TE Champs
Northridge 6 16 10 12 44 *FB Champs
Warsaw 10 10 8 16 44 *CC Champs
Goshen 16 4 12 8 40 *SO Champs
NorthWood 4 10 14 4 32  
Plymouth 14 10 6 2 32  
Wawasee 2 6 4 10 22  
Elkhart Memorial 8 2 2 6 18  

GIRLS SO VB GO CC TOTAL  
Northridge 16 6 14 16 52 *SO, CC Champs
NorthWood 10 15 16 10 51 *GO Champs, VB Co-Champs
Warsaw 14 11 12 14 51  
Concord 8 15 10 12 45 *VB Co-Champs
Plymouth 6 11 6 2 25  
Elkhart Memorial 4 8 4 8 24  
Goshen 12 4 2 4 22  
Wawasee 2 2 8 6 18  

All Sports

101 - Concord

96 - Northridge

95 - Warsaw

83 - NorthWood

62 - Goshen

57 - Plymouth

42 - Elkhart Memorial

40 - Wawasee

Looks about right!  hard to believe we're almost ready for Winter Sports already.

17 minutes ago, Fairfield02 said:

So...who will be left in the NLC after week one of sectionals?

My guess is everyone but Wawasee and Plymouth.

36 minutes ago, Fairfield02 said:

So...who will be left in the NLC after week one of sectionals?

I can GUARANTEE Warsaw, Concord and Goshen will be playing next week!

• Upvote 2

I don't know if this has been shared, but former Bremen and Northridge coach Dennis Sienicki had a fall and suffered a traumatic brain injury.  He led the Lions to the 1987 sectional title and later moved on to Northridge.  He/his wife were the ones responsible for designing the lower case little b that Bremen began wearing in the 1970's.

11 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:

I don't know if this has been shared, but former Bremen and Northridge coach Dennis Sienicki had a fall and suffered a traumatic brain injury.  He led the Lions to the 1987 sectional title and later moved on to Northridge.  He/his wife were the ones responsible for designing the lower case little b that Bremen began wearing in the 1970's.

It hadn't been shared yet on the GID, I will post what I know shortly....I forgot he had been at Bremen before he came to us.  He was my older brothers head coach, and my assistant at Northridge.  His son is one of the current assistants for Northridge Varsity and I usually sit next to his wife and Coach (Dennis) Sienicki on Friday nights.

15 minutes ago, MarshallCounty said:

Wow!  I am very sorry to hear this news.  Coach Sienicki was the line coach at Bremen when I played there.  I had a great deal of respect for him as a coach and he was my favorite teacher as well!  Please keep us updated on his condition.  He and his family will be in my prayers!

3 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

I can GUARANTEE Warsaw, Concord and Goshen will be playing next week!

Hopefully some of those teams can heal up in 2 week's time. (Goshen specifically.....someone said they had some banged up players)

How does everyone feel the Memorial/FW North game will go?  I don't know much about North, but their record indicates it might be competitive?

Also a heads up for my Middlebury friends unable to make the trip down to Culver, the game is being aired live on Froggy 102.7

Edited by NRRaider2001
bad link
  • Upvote 1

On 10/19/2017 at 7:39 AM, NRRaider2001 said:

How does everyone feel the Memorial/FW North game will go?  I don't know much about North, but their record indicates it might be competitive?

My pick is actually going to be Memorial in this one.

4 minutes ago, Fairfield02 said:

My pick is actually going to be Memorial in this one.

I was kind of thinking the same, Good Luck to all NLC teams playing tonight, Fairfield too!  I'll be leaving work in less than an hour to head down to Culver!

CMA is beautiful.  I am nervous for your Raiders....if you win, which i think you will, it will be because of the defense.  Good luck!  We used to always play CMA and we had some great games with them.  It will be interesting if anyone on their roster is actually from Indiana.

• Upvote 1