• Announcements

    • Coach Nowlin

      HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/31/2017

      CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Hobart:  Ryan Turley Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner

Recommended Posts

I'm still here!  Wishing the Panthers, Tigers, Minutemen, Chargers, and Redskins all good luck tomorrow night....I predict 3 of the 5 will advance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, scarletknights said:

Thread since about 9:30 last Friday:

 

8ED1495C-D308-4587-9033-86CE2A08E336.jpeg

I wish the NorthWood and Concord faithful were a little more vocal, especially the Panthers for this week (the Minutemen should have no issues advancing this week).  The Panthers match up against Angola should be really good.  I'm glad it'll be the Channel 46 Game of the Week because if not for the Warsaw home game I would have seriously considered making the trip up to Nappanee for that one.  NorthWood arguably has played a much stiffer schedule this season (though the Hornets did defeat a (7-3) Leo squad for the first time in their last 6 attempts and did a good job of adding a non-conference game against Jimtown), but Angola has yet to lose a game.  While the Panthers might be more "battle tested", they also only own 1 victory over a + .500 regular season team (Plymouth).  Their 3 losses were to Concord (8-1), Northridge (9-0) and Warsaw (5-4).  However, those games were all on the road, whereas their victory over Plymouth was at home.  So many ways to look at how this game could go!  At this point, I'll give the SLIGHT edge to the Panthers at home, but also wouldn't be surprised to see Angola get the victory.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

I wish the NorthWood and Concord faithful were a little more vocal, especially the Panthers for this week (the Minutemen should have no issues advancing this week).  The Panthers match up against Angola should be really good.  I'm glad it'll be the Channel 46 Game of the Week because if not for the Warsaw home game I would have seriously considered making the trip up to Nappanee for that one.  NorthWood arguably has played a much stiffer schedule this season (though the Hornets did defeat a (7-3) Leo squad for the first time in their last 6 attempts and did a good job of adding a non-conference game against Jimtown), but Angola has yet to lose a game.  While the Panthers might be more "battle tested", they also only own 1 victory over a + .500 regular season team (Plymouth).  Their 3 losses were to Concord (8-1), Northridge (9-0) and Warsaw (5-4).  However, those games were all on the road, whereas their victory over Plymouth was at home.  So many ways to look at how this game could go!  At this point, I'll give the SLIGHT edge to the Panthers at home, but also wouldn't be surprised to see Angola get the victory.

I was reading earlier today that the Angola/Northwood game has more requests for media credentials than any other Sectional game going on this week.  Kind of crazy with some of the huge matchups around the state tomorrow.

Edit (found the source)

@HometownMedia1
FollowFollow @HometownMedia1
Angola at Northwood has had more media credential request then any other sectional game in the state
Edited by NRRaider2001

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NRRaider2001 said:

I was reading earlier today that the Angola/Northwood game has more requests for media credentials than any other Sectional game going on this week.  Kind of crazy with some of the huge matchups around the state tomorrow.

in the entire state? or just the northern/Michiana area?  That is hard to believe (not saying it's not true) with the New Haven-Dwenger, Homestead-Snider, Ben Davis-Lawrence Central, Penn-Valpo and Roncalli-Cathedral match ups also occurring!  Should be an excellent game though.  I can't say I see either team winning by more than a touchdown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

in the entire state? or just the northern/Michiana area?  That is hard to believe (not saying it's not true) with the New Haven-Dwenger, Homestead-Snider, Ben Davis-Lawrence Central, Penn-Valpo and Roncalli-Cathedral match ups also occurring!  Should be an excellent game though.  I can't say I see either team winning by more than a touchdown.

see my update to my post for the source, I would've guessed Roncalli/Cathederal would've been tops, but not according to Hometown Media anyway fwiw

I'm trying to convince the wife to let me go to this game, the CMA/EN game, or the Mishawaka/New Prairie game...ton's of great matchups within driving distance for a Friday evening for sure.

Edited by NRRaider2001
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

I wish the NorthWood and Concord faithful were a little more vocal, especially the Panthers for this week (the Minutemen should have no issues advancing this week).  The Panthers match up against Angola should be really good.  I'm glad it'll be the Channel 46 Game of the Week because if not for the Warsaw home game I would have seriously considered making the trip up to Nappanee for that one.  NorthWood arguably has played a much stiffer schedule this season (though the Hornets did defeat a (7-3) Leo squad for the first time in their last 6 attempts and did a good job of adding a non-conference game against Jimtown), but Angola has yet to lose a game.  While the Panthers might be more "battle tested", they also only own 1 victory over a + .500 regular season team (Plymouth).  Their 3 losses were to Concord (8-1), Northridge (9-0) and Warsaw (5-4).  However, those games were all on the road, whereas their victory over Plymouth was at home.  So many ways to look at how this game could go!  At this point, I'll give the SLIGHT edge to the Panthers at home, but also wouldn't be surprised to see Angola get the victory.

I'm sticking with my original predictions.  Awesome season for Angola, but it ends this Friday night along with E. Noble.  As I've stated in other threads, don't put a lot of weight on games vs. Leo as they were just a little above average this year, IMO.  They led the entire game vs. Angola giving up the lead with something like 1:16 left in the game.  I've been wrong before, so we will find out soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Dabears said:

I'm sticking with my original predictions.  Awesome season for Angola, but it ends this Friday night along with E. Noble.  As I've stated in other threads, don't put a lot of weight on games vs. Leo as they were just a little above average this year, IMO.  They led the entire game vs. Angola giving up the lead with something like 1:16 left in the game.  I've been wrong before, so we will find out soon.

I sure wish a 7-2 regular season could be considered "a little above average" year in and year out at Warsaw lol, but I understand what you're saying.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

I sure wish a 7-2 regular season could be considered "a little above average" year in and year out at Warsaw lol, but I understand what you're saying.

Don't get me wrong, 7-2 is great!  My above average comment was meant to represent the overall "team".  They had/have a number of great athletes but in comparison to some previous years the number of Sr's and the number of "Big Guys" is down.  The Sr class ended up at 13-TOTAL from 22-Freshman.  One of those 13 being a "move-in" and one other who started playing as an upperclassman.  This years Sr. class was 30-35 strong in Jr High where they never lost a game and went 6-1 as a Freshman team only loosing to Dwenger.  The potential was there if that class had all remained playing but it's history now.  I foresee some lean years coming.  Now the biggest question!  What game to watch tonight?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dabears said:

Now the biggest question!  What game to watch tonight?

In the NLC? Has to be the NorthWood-Angola match up.  Concord will roll Memorial, and I have little faith in Goshen.  The Warsaw-Chesterton game should be a good battle of comparable teams, but just the fact that NorthWood is 7-3, defending 4A North representatives and Angola is 10-0... Gotta go with that game in Nappanee.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2017 at 2:09 PM, Dabears said:

I'm sticking with my original predictions.  Awesome season for Angola, but it ends this Friday night along with E. Noble.  As I've stated in other threads, don't put a lot of weight on games vs. Leo as they were just a little above average this year, IMO.  They led the entire game vs. Angola giving up the lead with something like 1:16 left in the game.  I've been wrong before, so we will find out soon.

"I've been wrong before, so we will find out soon."  Was wrong again.  Didn't think it would happen, so congrats to Angola.  You have a great 2nd half team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So....I am not saying this to gloat or anything, but I am trying to prove the point that the NECC was up this year and the NLC was a little down.  Never in my wildest dreams would I think that Fairfield's conference would ever have as much success against the NLC as it has this year.

Fairfield beat Goshen, but lost to Northwood.

Lakeland lost to Wawasee.

West Noble beat Wawasee.

Angola beat Wawasee and Northwood.

NECC 4 and NLC 2.

I am in NO way trying to say the NECC is a better conference or anything like  that, because it's not.  Outside of Angola, most NLC teams would destroy NECC teams.  However, I feel like the NECC has more talent than normal this year....and, with no NLC teams left in Sectional 19, I feel the NLC might have been a little down this year.  

A side note about Fairfield...after beating Goshen at the beginning of the year, there is no way I would have ever thought that it would be our only win this year.  Crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Fairfield02 said:

So....I am not saying this to gloat or anything, but I am trying to prove the point that the NECC was up this year and the NLC was a little down.  Never in my wildest dreams would I think that Fairfield's conference would ever have as much success against the NLC as it has this year.

Fairfield beat Goshen, but lost to Northwood.

Lakeland lost to Wawasee.

West Noble beat Wawasee.

Angola beat Wawasee and Northwood.

NECC 4 and NLC 2.

I am in NO way trying to say the NECC is a better conference or anything like  that, because it's not.  Outside of Angola, most NLC teams would destroy NECC teams.  However, I feel like the NECC has more talent than normal this year....and, with no NLC teams left in Sectional 19, I feel the NLC might have been a little down this year.  

A side note about Fairfield...after beating Goshen at the beginning of the year, there is no way I would have ever thought that it would be our only win this year.  Crazy.

Mmh...I read this as more that Angola is good this year and the other two wins came against two teams who were specifically having down seasons.  Which is not to say that that necessarily disproves either point you wanted to make, but I don't think that beating Wawasee or Goshen is necessarily a comment on, say how Concord, Warsaw, or Northridge were.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good luck to all the NLC teams remaining tonight (although personally, I hope Concord has a little less luck than the other two :))!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, iogyhufi said:

Good luck to all the NLC teams remaining tonight (although personally, I hope Concord has a little less luck than the other two :))!

I'm headed to foreman field now, reluctantly, but my wife will be the one with the 88 redskins helmet, and I'm in my RAIDERS shirt.... go ghs tonight though!

 

Good luck tigers and skins!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know there hasn't been much love lost between the Raiders and the Minutemen this season (especially on twitter), but I'd like to wish the only NLC/Elkhart County team remaining in the tournament good luck tomorrow night against a good Michigan City team....I may just have to sneak over to Dunlap and catch this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well....just Concord.  Good luck to the lone Elkhart County team still tossing the pigskin.  I believe you will have your hands full, but I am still rooting for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All NLC team has been announced and is follows per Inkfreenews:

GOSHEN – Undefeated Northridge headlined the 2017 Northern Lakes Conference All-Conference football teams, the list issued Tuesday morning by the conference.

The 7-0 Raiders, which went undefeated in the NLC for the first time in program history, had 11 players make the list. Named All-NLC were Jordan Contreras, Conner Graber, Julius Graber, Nick Hooley, Brad Schwartz, Mason Troyer, Connor Utley and Micah Yoder along with Kyle Carson, Carson Deal and Isaac Thomas to the Honorable Mention All-NLC list. Head coach Tom Wogomon was named Coach of the Year.

Concord (6-1) had Zach Garza, Damien Jackson, Jack Lietzan, Grant Magnuson, Caleb Miller and Brady Reed as All-NLC, and Dominick DeBroka, Lavontae Wagner and Jacob Yoder named Honorable Mention All-NLC.

NorthWood, Warsaw and Plymouth all finished at 4-3 overall and tied for third place. The Panthers had Brayton Yoder, Bronson Yoder, Will Ingle and DeAndre Smart as All-NLC and Payton Beer, Landon Gessinger and Micah Lehman as Honorable Mention. The Tigers had Tristan Larsh, Lane McClone, Zach Riley and John Svinarich as All-NLC and Kendal Miller and Jack Tucker as Honorable Mention. The Rockies had Jeremy Drudge, Cam Frick, Nate LaFree and Benji Nixon as All-NLC and Braxton Bennitt and Graham Chapman as Honorable Mention.

Wawasee (2-5) had Jacob Hand and Elisha Tipping as All-NLC and Dylan Hepler as Honorable Mention.

Goshen (1-6) had Thomas Heim and Steven Worlds as All-NLC and Will Koshmider as Honorable Mention.

Memorial (0-7) had Nolan Grose and Connor Harris as All-NLC and Andrew Goodman as Honorable Mention.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats to all. Special shout out the Nw kids. You guys have been a pleasure to watch. As for Bronson and others, see you next year. Do some great things in track. 

Happy for the numerous NR kids. Well done. Very happy specially for Holley. Battled allot of injuries. Very Good kid and very good player! Tough as nails. Coach wogsman did a wonderful job with this group. Future is very bright. 

Happy Drudge got voted onto team even though missing half of the year. A tremendous safety  And hitter. Good luck and get healthy. 

To answer your question, we have approx 11 or so starters returning. With a stud back. Concord has about the same. Rockies lose a ton. NR has a tremendous Frosh class and potentially a stud QB and very well coached. 

Take your pick between concord, us and NR next year. Sounds familiar 

 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fairfield only had one Jr. on the roster at the end of the year............so.................next year could be very interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Fairfield02 said:

So who returns the most experience for 2018?

Northridge loses a big senior class, but as backer mentioned, QB Julius (Juice) Graber who stood in for Nick Hooley the last 3 years and played very well will be back for 2018. 

Our 2017 Freshman class is impressive, although our incoming Freshmen for 2018 struggled a bit this year, losing 3 or 4 games.

On this years undefeated Freshman team, we had Nick Hooley's younger brother at QB, and he'll have another year to learn from Juice (and his brother I'm sure).

Just knowing how a good QB can carry a team at the High School level, as well as a strong class of Sophomores next year, I believe Coach Wogoman will keep us toward the top in the NLC. 

I predict a 7 or 8 win season for the Raiders, maybe more if the underclassmen can gel quickly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats to former Northridge football star Isaac Zickasfoose on winning All Conference Honors 3 years in a row at Bluffton.

"ISAAC ZICKAFOOSE (Middlebury, Ind./Northridge) battled double and triple teams on his way to a third straight First Team All-Heartland Conference honor. He was a marked man after being named the HCAC Defensive Player of the Year as a sophomore in 2016. The talented junior was second on the team with 51 tackles, 12.0 yards TFL's and 5.0 sacks. His six quarterback hurries tied Ryan Aelker for first on Bluffton's single-season list.

He was the HCAC Player of the Week following his otherworldy performance in Bluffton's 56-14 dismantling of Anderson on Homecoming Saturday. He tallied six solo tackles, a forced fumble, three sacks and four tackles-for-loss. His sacks set AU back 32 yards and he forced a fumble on the third sack, picked it up and returned it for a score midway through the third quarter. The junior blocked a punt that KAY BOAKYE (Westerville/South) scooped up and ran back for a Bluffton touchdown late in the first half. He also scooted for 17 yards on a fake punt to keep the chains moving in the second quarter, and finished with a quarterback hurry and pass breakup. The Beaver defense allowed only 178 yards of offense with four total rushing yards.

Zickafoose is second all-time at Bluffton with 24 career sacks, 243 TFL yards and five fumble recoveries. He is third with 43.5 TFL's, 176 sack yards and his 14 quarterback hurries are tops all-time at Bluffton."

zick.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
VERY HAPPY to say I am continuing my academic and football career at Grand Valley State University‼️@gvsufootball #anchorup ⚓️⬆️ #committed
 
 
Congrats to Concord Kicker Josh Gorball, one of the state's best kickers! 
 
He'll be joining Northridge Senior Girls Basketball Star Brooke McKinley at Grand Valley State University who  also committed to the Lakers on national signing day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Former Raider Isaac Zickafoose continuing to get some love....

 

December 6, 2017

D3football.com All-North Region

BLUFFTON, Ohio - For the fourth straight season, the Bluffton University football team has an all-region selection in junior ISAAC ZICKAFOOSE (Middlebury, Ind./Northridge)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.