• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/28/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romaine Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner New Haven  Jim Rowland S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak  Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street

RockiePop great to hear from you! Always enjoy your posts. Wish your boy the best this fall! He's a damn good player. All the best and keep posting! 

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, GridironGuy said:

Anybody have the details of NW QB situation ?:D

Do you have details of NR QB situation?

Lets take a look at NLC coaching records prior to the start of this year, these numbers date back to 2008 to Present

John Barron- Plymouth 71-28 %71.72

Craig Koehler- Concord 14-7 %66.67 *2 years as head coach*

Nate Andrews- Northwood 64-42 %60.38 *Dates back to previous school*

Mike Eshbach- Wawasee 46-49 %48.42 *Dates back to previous school*

Phil Jensen- Warsaw 45-49 %47.87

Scott Shaw- Elkhart Memorial 13-18 *2 years at Memorial*

Kyle Park- Goshen 13-18 %41.94 *3 years at Goshen*

Northridge Coach- 3-8 last year

Sectional Record by School Overall No Date Range

Northwood- 72-16 *3 Sectional Titles since 2008*

Plymouth - 43-27 *1 Sectional Title since 2008*

Concord- 39-26 *3 Sectional Titles since 2008*

Goshen- 30-37

Elkhart Memorial- 18-31

Wawasee- 17-30

Northridge- 16-31

Warsaw- 12-32

I realize most people will say Warsaw plays a tougher sectional schedule, I don't disagree with that.  My point is this at any other school in 6A if the coach is not performing in either Conf or Sectional, how many years before they are ousted?

How many other 6A programs have 2 youth leagues (was 3), where they can develop their younger players?  How much involvement does the other coaches of a 6A school have in their youth teams?

Plymouth deserves their new field turf (Money well spent) when your putting up the numbers they have. 

Good Luck to all the area teams this year!

3 hours ago, Young Tiger said:

Lets take a look at NLC coaching records prior to the start of this year, these numbers date back to 2008 to Present

John Barron- Plymouth 71-28 %71.72

Craig Koehler- Concord 14-7 %66.67 *2 years as head coach*

Nate Andrews- Northwood 64-42 %60.38 *Dates back to previous school*

Mike Eshbach- Wawasee 46-49 %48.42 *Dates back to previous school*

Phil Jensen- Warsaw 45-49 %47.87

Scott Shaw- Elkhart Memorial 13-18 *2 years at Memorial*

Kyle Park- Goshen 13-18 %41.94 *3 years at Goshen*

Northridge Coach- 3-8 last year

Sectional Record by School Overall No Date Range

Northwood- 72-16 *3 Sectional Titles since 2008*

Plymouth - 43-27 *1 Sectional Title since 2008*

Concord- 39-26 *3 Sectional Titles since 2008*

Goshen- 30-37

Elkhart Memorial- 18-31

Wawasee- 17-30

Northridge- 16-31

Warsaw- 12-32

I realize most people will say Warsaw plays a tougher sectional schedule, I don't disagree with that.  My point is this at any other school in 6A if the coach is not performing in either Conf or Sectional, how many years before they are ousted?

How many other 6A programs have 2 youth leagues (was 3), where they can develop their younger players?  How much involvement does the other coaches of a 6A school have in their youth teams?

Plymouth deserves their new field turf (Money well spent) when your putting up the numbers they have. 

Good Luck to all the area teams this year!

What's with the snub of Wogomon and NR sectional title ?

I am also surprised Warsaw hasn't made a change 

Edited by GridironGuy

4 hours ago, Young Tiger said:

Young Tiger coming in and trying to stir up the pot? :rolleyes::huh::wacko:

1 hour ago, GridironGuy said:

What's with the snub of Wogomon and NR sectional title ?

I am also surprised Warsaw hasn't made a change 

Proof of a person coming in with an agenda when overlooking such details IMO :rolleyes:

Not trying to stir the pot.

Just trying to figure out how a school in the top 30 of the state in regards to enrollment and a program which has 2 middle school football programs which seem to win quite a few ball games.  Not sure what their youth leagues bring in terms of talent or enrollment.  Yet when they get the opportunity to play under the lights on Friday nights, they seem to falter.  Middle of the NLC at best.

Would this be acceptable for any other 6A teams in the state? 

Just for the fun of it name the last player from Warsaw to play at a division 1 football school which was not a kicker? 

57 minutes ago, Young Tiger said:

Would this be acceptable for any other 6A teams in the state? 

Just for the fun of it name the last player from Warsaw to play at a division 1 football school which was not a kicker? 

I suppose that depends on what your expectations are for high school athletics: winning championships? Or providing the opportunity for student-athletes to learn and grow into young adults and take the lessons learned from sports and turn them into productive members of society?

Would I like to see Warsaw win more on the gridiron? Absolutely. Is that the end all, be all that a high school head coach should be held accountable for? IMO, I don't believe so.

In regards to the D1 comment... what is that supposed to indicate? Warsaw has had zero D1 football talent on their roster since that last D1 (non-kicker) player, Brad Seiss to Ball State. The only other non-kicker former Tiger to play at the D1 level since Seiss was Yahchaaroah Stuart who transferred to Warsaw his junior year from the Bahamas, played JV his junior year and then Varsity his senior year. He played as a defensive lineman his first two years at Taylor University and then transferred, red-shirted and played his final two years at University of Texas-El Paso (UTEP). While Warsaw has had some great athletes walk through their halls and play on the gridiron, I can honestly say I haven't seen a single D1 football player on the field for them since 2000. They've had a handful of skilled players go D2, NAIA and D3, but are you trying to say it's the coach's fault there haven't been any D1 football players?

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

I suppose that depends on what your expectations are for high school athletics: winning championships? Or providing the opportunity for student-athletes to learn and grow into young adults and take the lessons learned from sports and turn them into productive members of society?

Would I like to see Warsaw win more on the gridiron? Absolutely. Is that the end all, be all that a high school head coach should be held accountable for? IMO, I don't believe so.

In regards to the D1 comment... what is that supposed to indicate? Warsaw has had zero D1 football talent on their roster since that last D1 (non-kicker) player, Brad Seiss to Ball State. The only other non-kicker former Tiger to play at the D1 level since Seiss was Yahchaaroah Stuart who transferred to Warsaw his junior year from the Bahamas, played JV his junior year and then Varsity his senior year. He played as a defensive lineman his first two years at Taylor University and then transferred, red-shirted and played his final two years at University of Texas-El Paso (UTEP). While Warsaw has had some great athletes walk through their halls and play on the gridiron, I can honestly say I haven't seen a single D1 football player on the field for them since 2000. They've had a handful of skilled players go D2, NAIA and D3, but are you trying to say it's the coach's fault there haven't been any D1 football players?

See Warsaw picked up a new Assistant AD from my neck of the woods. Good luck Warsaw. Hope you guys have a great year. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Coach Ellenwood said:

See Warsaw picked up a new Assistant AD from my neck of the woods. Good luck Warsaw. Hope you guys have a great year. 

Indeed they did! Good hire for a much needed position. Amazing to think they were one of the few 6A schools that did not have an Assistant AD position!

2 hours ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Indeed they did! Good hire for a much needed position. Amazing to think they were one of the few 6A schools that did not have an Assistant AD position!

Is this the first year then for the asst ad at whs?

13 hours ago, Coach Ellenwood said:

Is this the first year then for the asst ad at whs?

They've had Assistant AD's in the past, but this is the first time since the late (and GREAT) long time WCHS AD Dave Fulkerson retired following the 2007 school year when the current AD (Dave Anson) was an Assistant AD under Fulkerson. Joe Santa then came over from Huntington North and DID NOT have an Assistant AD during his 4 years or so and Dave Anson has not had an Assistant AD in his tenure either.

1 hour ago, Unlucky Breaks said:

The Rockpile is complete.

HAAAATTTTTEEEEE to say it... but it looks fantastic! 

So this upcoming year Warsaw, Goshen, Plymouth and Wawasee will all have turf playing surfaces.  Has there been any talk of moving to turf for the remaining NLC schools? Concord, Memorial, Northridge, NorthWood???

I doubt Memorial will be done until the facilities plan for the combined Elkhart schools gets finalized. It would make sense at the other three.

On 7/28/2017 at 9:40 AM, NLCTigerFan07 said:

HAAAATTTTTEEEEE to say it... but it looks fantastic! 

So this upcoming year Warsaw, Goshen, Plymouth and Wawasee will all have turf playing surfaces.  Has there been any talk of moving to turf for the remaining NLC schools? Concord, Memorial, Northridge, NorthWood???

Heard Northridge could get new field following this season, not sure though

On 6/19/2017 at 3:59 PM, MarshallCounty said:

I don't know if Penn would even consider the move.  I just struggling with the fact that the NLC schools are afraid of 3,700 students.  I look at those schools are places that are always pushing to be better.

well push them on to the NIC

Looking forward to the season kicking off! Scrimmages this week! Here is my rundown of the conference:

Elkhart Memorial -- Have heard they are switching their offense to a military style similar to Mishawaka. Not sure they will get the same results... Hard to believe they have the right kids for that system. Will most likely finish at the bottom of the conference once again.  

Goshen -- Goshen has things going in the right direction.  They lost a good number of seniors but I expect their quality coaching to keep them toward the top of the conference.  I will be disappointed if they slip back into the bottom half of the conference.  

Concord -- Concord is Concord.  They will once again be towards the top of the conference.  It feels like they have fallen back the last few years.  Not sure they can compete with Northwood, however.  

Northwood -- I believe Northwood is the team to beat.  Ranked #1 in their class and they return a ton of talent from a 14-1 team last season.  Coach Andrews may have it rolling like his father(s) before him!

Northridge - Haven't heard much out of Northridge but I assume they will rebound from their poor season last year.  This should be a year to tell if Northridge's run a few years ago was trend or a fluke.  

Wawasee -- New head coach, same results.  Wawasee will have years where they compete in the conference but I just don't see them doing it consistently. 

Warsaw -- Warsaw has a dude playing QB. We will see if they can build an offense around him.  Warsaw always seems to start the season with a lot of talent and high hopes but then seems to consistently underachieve and fall into the middle of the conference.  

Plymouth -- Similar to Concord, Plymouth is Plymouth.  They will be right near the top of the conference as well.  They are always well coached and have a few studs coming back.  

My prediction -- Top Four: Northwood, Concord, Plymouth, Goshen.  Bottom Four: Warsaw, Northridge, Wawasee, Elkhart Memorial

10 hours ago, NLC123 said:

Warsaw -- Warsaw has a dude playing QB.

I love it when the term "dude" gets used in this fashion lol. @Lebowski would be proud

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, NLCTigerFan07 said:

I love it when the term "dude" gets used in this fashion lol. @Lebowski would be proud

The Dude abides.

• Upvote 2

Just saw an announcement on Twitter that Warsaw will host Triton in their week 1 JV game after Columbia City had to cancel. Glad the Tigers were able to get an opponent that week, and should be a good opportunity for the Trojans to get some of their kids game time experience early in the season.

• Upvote 2

Can't wait to hear the sound of pads popping this week, Northridge scrimmage with Lakeland tomorrow, who's everyone else got?