• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/21/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired

Good luck to the NLC teams for the rest of the year!

IMO, Northwood, Northridge, maybe Concord, and Plymouth will be fighting it out for the top spot.  Stay healthy.

Plymouth didn't play with their starting qb, impressive win. Their d has some studs ... 

I was impressed tonight. Good win tonight. Hopefully we get healthy but great effort by the kids and coaches. Our fullback, Qb, line and wings were outstanding. Blake reed gets game ball. Our d could be really good, d line played great, Lafree anchors the middle and our back half, drudge simply is a damn good safety. I'm excited to see how this team keeps growing..: 

good to see a Barron do so well tonight. 

Wawasee looked aweful in every phase of the game. They burned all three time out early and the coaching staff was tagged with several delay of game penalties because they could not get a play in on time after they burned their time outs. They lost some players to injuries and they lost their starting QB for the season with a broken elbow. Defensively they could not stop anything, especially the run. In two games the defense has given up nearly 600 yards rushing and close to 70 points. Give West Noble credit, they played tough football and stuck it to the Warriors and they deserved to win from the opening whistle. The bright spot is that the back up QB for Wawasee is much faster and more athletic than the kid they had in there before, but they are going to need more than just a QB to make any serious progress.

Very nice wins by concord, NR and Plymouth. Of course Nw is the early leader in the clubhouse but this week will say allot with start of NLC play. Heard Plymouths qb was hurt, hope he's back soon. Good player. As someone mentioned earlier, the Plymouth/nw game at the end of year could be a monster game. 

• Upvote 1

NR is very well coached, but imho, they likely aren't to the level of us, concord or Plymouth . I'm guessing they lose 3 or so NLC games .. I doubt they can score with us and concord and what they do well(run) Plymouth is very good against with their lbs and safety.  Of course Plymouth needs their Qb. But that's why we play the games :) 

7 hours ago, backerfan said:

NR is very well coached, but imho, they likely aren't to the level of us, concord or Plymouth . I'm guessing they lose 3 or so NLC games .. I doubt they can score with us and concord and what they do well(run) Plymouth is very good against with their lbs and safety.  Of course Plymouth needs their Qb. But that's why we play the games :) 

On paper perhaps... but for whatever it's worth the differential between NR and st Jo and Concord and St Jo favors NR... any given Friday lol but depends how it plays out I'd say conference is up for grabs

Warsaw and Rockies 46 game of the week. If their qb plays likely a loss but if he doesn't, clearly a totally different story.  Rockies d is very good either way. Common Opponents and Hammond Morton has to be better than CC, but hilarious game capsule doesn't see that.. lol 

NW concord will be fun, especially at concord  .. 

early picks have to be Rockies roll and NW close .. 

Based on what everybody has said watching wawassee I like our odds of being 3-0 after this week, matching win total from last year

SF's NLC Week 3 Picks - Elkhart Memorial, Northwood (SF's pick for GOTW), Plymouth, Northridge.   (IMHO)

BTW - Heard there were 3 TD's called back at the NW/Fairfield game on NW, so the score could have been worse......

My Week 3 NLC Picks - Feel free to pick them apart!  Excited to see the NLC season really kick off this Friday after a decent showing out of conference!

Northwood @ Concord - Panthers by 21

Elk Memorial @ Goshen - Redskins by 3 (possibly their only win this year)

Wawasee @ Northridge - Raiders by 24

Plymouth @ Warsaw - Rockies by 17

1 hour ago, NRRaider2001 said:

Elk Memorial @ Goshen - Redskins by 3 (possibly their only win this year)

Don't forget about Goshen vs. Wawasee.....

2 hours ago, Swordfish said:

BTW - Heard there were 3 TD's called back at the NW/Fairfield game on NW, so the score could have been worse......

Not really...they scored pretty much right after each of those tds were called back.  (One was a bomb to Smart).  I actually thought Fairfield played well....can you say that when you lose 42-0?  We did some things well, just could not get the ball in the endzone.

46 minutes ago, Fairfield02 said:

Don't forget about Goshen vs. Wawasee.....

Not really...they scored pretty much right after each of those tds were called back.  (One was a bomb to Smart).  I actually thought Fairfield played well....can you say that when you lose 42-0?  We did some things well, just could not get the ball in the endzone.

True, also with Wawasee QB going out with the elbow injury, may add to their difficulties.

24 minutes ago, NRRaider2001 said:

True, also with Wawasee QB going out with the elbow injury, may add to their difficulties.

QB not so much of a factor. The starter was mediocre at best. TD passes were basically slants the WR's took to the house. The backup was projected to be the starter until the coach's son showed up, so they are an equal trade off. Wawasee's problem is that the offensive line is horrid and the defense is even worse. This is the second game into this coach's era and I remember when the previous coach began his head coaching career there was chaos on the sideline. There is chaos on the sideline now....and this guy is a veteran head coach. Not sure where this program is headed. Things may get real ugly in the NLC for the Warriors.

NLCTIGER will be provide a real breakdown soon! 

EM beats Goshen in a close one.. 

NR crushes Wawasee 

Rockies win by 10 to 14 over Warsaw..

We beat concord by 10 or so as well..

Weather is going to be great, should be a great crowd at Concord, should be fun. 

Well as I said earlier, if the Rockies qb doesn't play, all bets off.  they will be starting a young kid that weighs 115 lbs at qb. Our chances improve greatly, plus we have film on him. Huddle doesn't lie :) ... with that said, my guess is their starter is back. 

good luck to everyone 

I smell carni's...must be Warsaw week! Have only been to the EN game, but listened last week on radio for a bit and like whats going on in Ptown. Our defense doesnt weigh 115, but can move like they do...no concerns there! Offensively if you guys prove you can stop the run game with the 3 backs then the qb will be a factor... wouldn't surprise me to see power football instead of option, and take the decision making stress off the young fella! 

Good luck to you all, and enjoy the holiday!

Disclaimer: above statement of qb is not saying he is the starter... I have no idea! My inner circle isnt there anymore...lol!

• Upvote 2

Good hearing from you rockie pop! Hope you're doing well. Dude you're boy would have broken a 115 qb in half! Hit him on every play as you well know. Watching huddle, their is a huge difference between your starter and the young Barron. I'm sure dad knows that .. enjoy the blue berries .. for the record, I hope you play your best. 

If you're implying Barron would start his kid over the better player, I call total BS. I realize some in Plymouth may think that, but he wants to win too much imho . Enjoy Friday football 

• Upvote 1

On 8/26/2017 at 5:29 PM, Fairfield02 said:

Don't forget about Northridge...does anyone else think they might be pretty good?

Always a sleeper 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, backerfan said:

If you're implying Barron would start his kid over the better player, I call total BS. I realize some in Plymouth may think that, but he wants to win too much imho . Enjoy Friday football 

If their skill levels are close within reason it's not absurd to think Barron would start his kid thinking as the younger of the two he has more upside long term and so on, not saying it will happen but I think that always comes into play 

Brief one this week as work got in the way early and then the last day and half the site was down and really held up my post. Now 11-4 through two weeks, I went 6-1 last week, and was extremely close on the point differentials in 4 of the games.  I said Concord by 21, they won by 24; Elkhart Central by 8, they won by 3; East Noble by 17, they won by 21; and LIKE BABE RUTH HIMSELF called my shot and not only correctly guessed NorthWood's win by 42, but said it would be 42-0.  Don't believe me???

On 8/24/2017 at 0:15 PM, NLCTigerFan07 said:

Someone's defense will have their first points scored on them this season, and it won't be the Black Crunch...NORTHWOOD by 42

#1 (4A) NorthWood (2-0, 0-0) @ #7 (5A) Concord (2-0, 1-0): I have absolutely no idea how this isn't the Channel 46 Game of the Week.  I know NorthWood was already featured Week 1 against Jimtown, but come on... even as a proud Warsaw fan that is excited to have the rivalry game against Plymouth televised and our beautiful facility shown off... I just don't get it! This should be one of the best games of the NLC season, and the Jake will be rockin'! The NorthWood Black Crunch Defense is stout... but there's something inside me that's saying to pick the Minutemen... CONCORD by 3

Elkhart Memorial (0-2, 0-1) @ Goshen (0-2, 0-0): Both teams lost late leads to Elkhart Central, and both teams will struggle to find many victories the rest of the season.  Someone gets a boost in morale this week, while the other will try and not let the wheels come completely off the wagon. Some HAS to win, so I'll take my chances with the home team... GOSHEN by 7

Wawasee (1-1, 0-0) @ Northridge (2-0, 0-0): What a sham job the Warriors pulled on me the last two weeks. After blowing out Lakeland (how bad might the Lakers be???), they get beat by 17 against a West Noble team they defeated 48-7 last year? Yikes! Northridge has played extremely well through the first two weeks of the season, and I'm sure they'll want to crush Wawasee after two close games last year. Should be a good warm-up before heading to the Rock Pile in Week 4... NORTHRIDGE by 20

Plymouth (2-0, 0-0) @ Warsaw (1-1, 0-0): The aforementioned Channel 46 Game of the Week. Warsaw Head Coach Phil Jensen goes for his 100th victory on the Tiger sidelines. I would love nothing more than to see it happen against the Rrrrroooocccckkkkkiiiiiieeeeessss.  Plymouth has been strong (when aren't they?) throughout the first two weeks, but I can't pick against my Tigers two weeks in a row... WARSAW by 1

There you have it folks. Another GORGEOUS football evening on this 1st night of September.  Stay safe and enjoy the games!

Well Rockies are pretty good.. their o line is very very good .: d is crazy fast ..: impressed with Nixon on offense.: drudge at safety is a freak, I know he's playing d 1 baseball but he could play d 1 football.... we were simply overmatched today. Enjoy Saturday football