• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Cathedral: Rick Strieff
Sign in to follow this  
Lebowski

2017 Hoosiers

3 hours ago, southend said:

Is anyone traveling this weekend to see NCAA football?

I'm not, but man is there some dandy games. 

Btw DT.....didn't you mention all the very good RBs IU has had recently?  The OL must've been doing something well.  Oh well. 

13 hours ago, southend said:

Nope.  You going to any high school games tomorrow night?  I am torn between seeing Cathedral at Bloomington South or Fountain Central at Eastern Greene.  Some people may say it's a no brainer and go to the South game.  However, I like seeing history being made.  If Eastern wins, they get their first ever Regional title in school history.  And the Hamilton kid at quarterback is really good for the T-Birds.

1 hour ago, itiswhatitis said:

Nope.  You going to any high school games tomorrow night?  I am torn between seeing Cathedral at Bloomington South or Fountain Central at Eastern Greene.  Some people may say it's a no brainer and go to the South game.  However, I like seeing history being made.  If Eastern wins, they get their first ever Regional title in school history.  And the Hamilton kid at quarterback is really good for the T-Birds.

Although I live a mile from Fred Huff, Im probably going to avoid that game. But I might go to Little Cincinnati and see a good game.  

On 11/8/2017 at 5:18 PM, southend said:

I'll be in Champaign this weekend. Group of 12 heading over. Look for a bus with flames (not kidding).

• Thanks 1

Congratulations to Tom Allen for his first Big Ten victory.

He probably just drove the final stake into the heart of Lovie Smith at Illinois.

Good to see Lagow back behind center so he can finish out his career on the field and maybe catch the eye of some pro scouts.

Rutgers beatable and Purdue seems to have lost their mojo.

Interesting final two weeks setting up for Allen and his team.

• Thanks 1

IU football has only won 7 or more games 11 times in its history. If somehow Tom Allen can lead this bunch over Rutgers then Purdue and win a bowl game he could make that happen. Big IF, but could be a good starting point for his career. 

On the other hand Rutgers and Purdue are both good enough to beat the Hoosiers and put a bleak forecast on the Hoosiers moving forward under Allen's leadership. 

I am rooting for the best...GO HOOSIERS!

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 2:36 PM, coachfields said:

IU football has only won 7 or more games 11 times in its history. If somehow Tom Allen can lead this bunch over Rutgers then Purdue and win a bowl game he could make that happen. Big IF, but could be a good starting point for his career. 

On the other hand Rutgers and Purdue are both good enough to beat the Hoosiers and put a bleak forecast on the Hoosiers moving forward under Allen's leadership. 

A winning season (including the bowl win) would go a long way in starting Allen's career.  The Hoosiers will probably be slightly favored over Rutgers and Purdue.  I agree that either of these teams are capable of beating the Hoosiers and if that happens, I expect there will be a flood of "what happened" types of questions and serious doubt about Allen's ability as a head coach.  It's his first year.  I still want to see how well he recruits in state as every year there are many good players leave to play for other programs.  Everything I hear says his connections in Indiana should stop some of that.  Time will tell.

On 11/14/2017 at 2:36 PM, coachfields said:

Trying to look at the class half full...2 of the 4 wins this year are against FCS opponents.  1 Big 10 win against a cellar team in the West and hopefully another this week against a cellar team in the east.  Other than the UVA win in Charlottesville, not a ton for Allen to hang his hat on this season.

Let's get through one game at a time, and see if they earn the right with a .500 record and 4 FBS wins to play in a bowl game.  I will certainly watch  bowl game, but not sure win or lose, I would call it a great year.  

C,I and Trojan, I agree with pretty much all that you said here. But" I", Don't think that I put too much into the fact that the instate recruiting is going to be much of a factor in Coach Allens on field success. But it is nice to keep the in state boys none the less.

On 11/16/2017 at 6:38 AM, Trojan Dad said:

Trying to look at the class half full...2 of the 4 wins this year are against FCS opponents.  1 Big 10 win against a cellar team in the West and hopefully another this week against a cellar team in the east.  Other than the UVA win in Charlottesville, not a ton for Allen to hang his hat on this season.

Let's get through one game at a time, and see if they earn the right with a .500 record and 4 FBS wins to play in a bowl game.  I will certainly watch  bowl game, but not sure win or lose, I would call it a great year.  

Definitely trying to be glass half full. I think either outcome I suggested is possible...

Guess I'm headin to the last home stand tomorrow, anyone else going to brave the 45 mph winds at memorial?

7 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

Man, what got into IU today?  41 - 0???  Next week:  the Bucket and a bowl.

First 2/3's of the game was beautiful football weather also. Boy, Legow really slung the rock Saturday, in less than desirable wind conditions. He really does have a big upside. Running was still so-so.The  passing attack was so good, it loosened up the line for some pretty good running gains. But when face with goal to go inside the 5 yd. line, couldn't punch in on one occasion. Completely soaked by the end of the 3rd, but well worth staying to see some deserved success.

Statistically, this is IUs most dominating Big Ten win in recent memory.

500 yards in total offense , split almost 50/50 between run and pass.  Only gave up 200 yards on defense.  

Makes you wonder if we could have picked up another win or two with Lagow at the controls.

Interesting bucket game with something on the line.  Almost like a playoff game.  Winner gets a bowl date, loser goes home.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, DrivenT said:

Statistically, this is IUs most dominating Big Ten win in recent memory.

500 yards in total offense , split almost 50/50 between run and pass.  Only gave up 200 yards on defense.  

Makes you wonder if we could have picked up another win or two with Lagow at the controls.

Interesting bucket game with something on the line.  Almost like a playoff game.  Winner gets a bowl date, loser goes home.

So true!!  I love this kids attitude.  Being a senior and captain, he never got down....kept working and leading from the sidelines and when he got the reins back in his hands, has played very strong.

Check out his tweet about his decision to come to IU if you get a chance.  This young man is full of class.

Will be interesting to see what kind of crowd  IU-PU can draw this weekend with a bowl game on the line.  

Purdue offering $25 dollar tickets in the East Side Prime Seats according to the email of Day of Thanks they are doing all week. 

State Finals for 2a,4a,6a really stinks for Saturday as that is where I have to be.