• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/19/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired North Newton Jeff Bean Scott Rouch Promoted Madison Grant:  Kyle Booher Brady Turner Promoted 
Sign in to follow this  
Lebowski

2017 Hoosiers

1 hour ago, EasyEJay said:

The Rivals 4-star QB chooses the Hoosiers over FSU and South Florida big get for Tom Allen and the Hoosiers 

How does Reese Taylor react to this news?

I’d say he’s doing back hand springs, about now. Like the rest of the team!

16 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

How do you think hs suppose to react?

• Downvote 1

I dont quite follow the logic of stock piling blue chip QB recruits one on top of the other  It never works out.  One or two seem to always transfer.  

27 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

I dont quite follow the logic of stock piling blue chip QB recruits one on top of the other  It never works out.  One or two seem to always transfer.  

What's this mean for QB Nick Tronti, who redshirted this season and was named IU's scout team player of the year?  He was 2016 Mr. Florida Football.  

http://iuhoosiers.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=9449&path=football

1 hour ago, DrivenT said:

Reese Taylor wasn't recruited as a QB but as an ATH. We've been over this. Wisconsin and the other big time schools recruited him as an ATH too. There aren't many 5-9 170 lbs QBs playing D1 football.

1 hour ago, DrivenT said:

Why? The best teams do it every year. Georgia will have 3 top 10 QBs in the last 3 classes on its roster next year; Eason, Fromm, and Fields. Plus I wouldn't say IU has any "blue chips" Penix is a 4 star de-commit from Tennessee with an offer from Florida State. Tronti and Ramsey were 3* that were recruited by the "blue bloods". Great pick up for IU, don't know what there isn't to like about this signing? Add him and then 4* RB Ronnie Walker who is IU's highest rated recruit of all-time and the future, especially on the offensive side of the ball is very bright.

3 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

Reese Taylor wasn't recruited as a QB but as an ATH. We've been over this. Wisconsin and the other big time schools recruited him as an ATH too. There aren't many 5-9 170 lbs QBs playing D1 football.

Why? The best teams do it every year. Georgia will have 3 top 10 QBs in the last 3 classes on its roster next year; Eason, Fromm, and Fields. Plus I wouldn't say IU has any "blue chips" Penix is a 4 star de-commit from Tennessee with an offer from Florida State. Tronti and Ramsey were 3* that were recruited by the "blue bloods". Great pick up for IU, don't know what there isn't to like about this signing? Add him and then 4* RB Ronnie Walker who is IU's highest rated recruit of all-time and the future, especially on the offensive side of the ball is very bright.

Yeah, we have heard this BS before.  I'm not interested in seeing anymore 5-9, 165 lb corners in the IU secondary when we are facing 6-3, 215 lb wide receivers.  Great matchup!  Get a clue pal.  

IU is nowhere near "the best teams".  We need to know and accept who we are and recruit accordingly.  Find your QB and commit to him.  There are gaping holes all over this roster.  Great.  We will have 5 big shot high school quarterbacks and a MAC level offensive and defensive line.  That equates to 1-8 in the Big Ten all day long.  

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

Yeah, we have heard this BS before.  I'm not interested in seeing anymore 5-9, 165 lb corners in the IU secondary when we are facing 6-3, 215 lb wide receivers.  Great matchup!  Get a clue pal.  

IU is nowhere near "the best teams".  We need to know and accept who we are and recruit accordingly.  Find your QB and commit to him.  There are gaping holes all over this roster.  Great.  We will have 5 big shot high school quarterbacks and a MAC level offensive and defensive line.  That equates to 1-8 in the Big Ten all day long.  

Where in ATH does that mean CB. Think he'd be a hell of a slot receiver or 3rd down back out of the backfield.

Why do you think the best teams are who they are? Because they have depth at every position. In this day and age in football you aren't going to survive the season with the same 11 who started it. What is their not to like about Penix? A drop back passer who was committed to UT and then chose IU over FSU? Been drinking today? For someone who criticized the QB position up until a week ago why on earth would you disagree with this signing? If UT and Florida State wanted him, I'm sure IU could use him. Let me guess your butt hurt because you're revolutionist idea of Reese Taylor returning the triple option has gone up in flames?

I think you need a clue pal.

Edited by Footballking16
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Footballking16 said:

Where in ATH does that mean CB. Think he'd be a hell of a slot receiver or 3rd down back out of the backfield.

Why do you think the best teams are who they are? Because they have depth at every position. In this day and age in football you aren't going to survive the season with the same 11 who started it. What is their not to like about Penix? A drop back passer who was committed to UT and then chose IU over FSU? Been drinking today? For someone who criticized the QB position up until a week ago why on earth would you disagree with this signing? If UT and Florida State wanted him, I'm sure IU could use him. Let me guess your butt hurt because you're revolutionist idea of Reese Taylor returning the triple option has gone up in flames?

I think you need a clue pal.

Its a question of recruiting philosophy.  IU is not Ohio State.  We will never have 4* guys backed up 3 deep at each position.  Too much competition at one position can be counterproductive.  IU has bigger needs than QB at this time.  I thought Ramsey was supposed to be the next savior.  Now we have a new QB to consider every week.  

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

Its a question of recruiting philosophy.  IU is not Ohio State.  We will never have 4* guys backed up 3 deep at each position.  Too much competition at one position can be counterproductive.  IU has bigger needs than QB at this time.  I thought Ramsey was supposed to be the next savior.  Now we have a new QB to consider every week.  

You have these guys for at least 3 years, they can develop you know? What's wrong with having healthy competition to push yourself? I'd rather have 3 good QBs than 1 good QB who isn't being pushed for his job, how naive is that?  IU just signed a 4* RB, the highest rated recruit IU has ever signed in the modern era of recruiting sites. Weren't you just bitching about RB's? IU returns all five of their OL next year and just signed OT who chose IU over MSU, Louisville, West Virgina, Virginia Tech and Pitt.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

You have these guys for at least 3 years, they can develop you know? What's wrong with having healthy competition to push yourself? I'd rather have 3 good QBs than 1 good QB who isn't being pushed for his job, how naive is that?  IU just signed a 4* RB, the highest rated recruit IU has ever signed in the modern era of recruiting sites. Weren't you just bitching about RB's? IU returns all five of their OL next year and just signed OT who chose IU over MSU, Louisville, West Virgina, Virginia Tech and Pitt.

Looking forward to seeing the final recruiting results.  Hope they mesh with your optimism.  Im skeptical.  :16_v:

Allen's recruiting chops are even more critical to the success of this program than are his coaching skills.  

Edited by DrivenT
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

Looking forward to seeing the final recruiting results.  Hope they mesh with your optimism.  Im skeptical.  :16_v:

Allen's recruiting chops are even more critical to the success of this program than are his coaching skills.  

You are just looking to nitpick Allen. I know you don't like Allen, that's fine. But he's done everything you've bitched about or said he couldn't do in weeks.

You bitched about the QB situation all year. They just signed a 4* QB who committed to IU over FSU. Now you're trying to argue it's a bad thing because we have too many.

You bitched about IU having "MAC" running backs. IU just signed a 4* RB from VA, the highest recruit IU has ever signed. What do you have to say about that?

IU has inked the 33rd best class nationally, that's 15 spots higher than Wilson's best class. What do you have to say for yourself?

https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2018/all-teams/Football

It's fine to dislike Allen, but give him credit. You are acting like a child.

57 minutes ago, Footballking16 said:

You are just looking to nitpick Allen. I know you don't like Allen, that's fine. But he's done everything you've bitched about or said he couldn't do in weeks.

You bitched about the QB situation all year. They just signed a 4* QB who committed to IU over FSU. Now you're trying to argue it's a bad thing because we have too many.

You bitched about IU having "MAC" running backs. IU just signed a 4* RB from VA, the highest recruit IU has ever signed. What do you have to say about that?

IU has inked the 33rd best class nationally, that's 15 spots higher than Wilson's best class. What do you have to say for yourself?

https://n.rivals.com/team_rankings/2018/all-teams/Football

It's fine to dislike Allen, but give him credit. You are acting like a child.

Ill be happy to buy you a beer when these overwhelmingly positive results turn in to wins on the field.

I'll give him credit when he has some tangible results to celebrate

Iu and Minnesota are both in the top 40 more due to the qty of the recruits than the quality.

A real concern.  Maryland has "6" 4* recruits at this point.  IU has one.  This is a real point of differentiation, and one that will create big separation between the two programs.  You need to dig a little deeper into the numbers before you start doing cartwheels over this class.  

By the time signing period is over, this class will likely finish 12th or lower in the B10 and around #60 nationally.  

BTW - I noticed that Derek Mason at Vandy also had a boatload of 4* recruits, and Minnesota had three.  Its a big deal.  Those are future NFL players.  

Edited by DrivenT
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, DrivenT said:

Tom Allen said in a Big 10 network interview Taylor will come in with his position being on Defense and he will possibly return kicks and punts also with the idea they will develop certain offensive packages for him 

12 hours ago, EasyEJay said:

Tom Allen said in a Big 10 network interview Taylor will come in with his position being on Defense and he will possibly return kicks and punts also with the idea they will develop certain offensive packages for him 

Like I said, anytime a quality recruit picks Indiana, the whole team has to get pumped. QB, OL, RB, DB, or who ever. No down side to bringing in quality. 

• Downvote 1