• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/19/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired North Newton Jeff Bean Scott Rouch Promoted Madison Grant:  Kyle Booher Brady Turner Promoted 
Sign in to follow this  
Lebowski

2017 Hoosiers

28 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

Not asking for your mailing address.  You can easily make this bet via other means.  With all do respect, put up or shut up.

Please describe these other means, as I am not a professional gambler like yourself.

1 hour ago, Muda69 said:

Please describe these other means, as I am not a professional gambler like yourself.

Gift cards to email addresses will work.  Still waiting.  Or are you going to coward out of it?

Edited by Lebowski

On 8/30/2017 at 4:44 PM, Lebowski said:

Gift cards to email addresses will work.  Still waiting.  Or are you going to coward out of it?

I don't use a publicly accessible email address.  Sorry.

I guess I'm a coward.

Excited for this game as I think Indiana has a chance to do some things against Ohio State. Tired of moral victories that were frequent in the Wilson regime, want to see a win.

• Upvote 1

I kinda thought Allen would be a better HC than Wilson but wow is he bringing it against Ohio State. Nice to see a defensively minded coach step up his school's game in the Big Ten. Wish IU had a better QB but their WRs are playing out of their minds.

• Upvote 1

While Lagow has made some great throws, his mistakes are really hurting the team.

Doyel: Breakthrough? Not quite. IU breaks down against Buckeyes: http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2017/09/01/doyel-breakthrough-not-quite-iu-breaks-down-against-buckeyes/620530001/

New coach. New buzz. New national platform.

Same Indiana.

The Hoosiers in recent years have been a mirage, is my point, but let’s be (condescending and) clear: A mirage is a step in the right direction. For too long, the Hoosiers weren’t good enough to fool anyone. They were the baby everyone else was hitting up for candy.

Now they’re trying to break through?

Try breaking even first.

Mr. Doyel is correct. 

32 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Doyel: Breakthrough? Not quite. IU breaks down against Buckeyes: http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2017/09/01/doyel-breakthrough-not-quite-iu-breaks-down-against-buckeyes/620530001/

Mr. Doyel is correct. 

Improvement starts somewhere.

What a great night to experience!  IU and Bloomington did things very well last night.  I've never seen a bigger crowd at an IU game.  We got there 4 hours prior to kickoff and did some tailgating.  There was nothing but a sea of humanity, everywhere!  Was a bit disappointed where they set up for ESPN Game Day.  You couldn't get near it.  The atmosphere before AND during the game was unbelievable.  That was the first time I've been to a night game at the college level anywhere.  The pregame stuff was awesome.  The fireworks, and the flyover by the jets during the Star Spangled Banner was just icing on the cake!  The game itself was a game of two halves.  IU came out and looked like the #2 team in the country.  No doubt that Allen had them ready to play.  Ohio State was sluggish at best.  In the end, the final score was pretty much the way I felt it would be.  If IU learns how to finish a game, they will be very scary.  Dobbins could be the next Zeke Elliot for the Buckeyes.  Simmie Cobbs will be an All-American at IU just on those back shoulder fade routes.  11 catches?  Wow.  He ate up Ohio State's secondary.  I didn't see as many overthrows by Lagow last night as he had last year.  He was on the money in that first half.  For the game he was 40 out of 65 (new school record for attempts) for 410 yards, 3 TD's and 2 picks.  IU's downfall on offense is no running game or at least it was last night.  I believe Ohio State's front 7 had something to do with that, but 17 total yards on the ground isn't good.  In that last quarter and a half the Buckeyes just pinned back their ears and tee'd off on Lagow.  Once they started getting pressure on him, IU couldn't keep up on the scoreboard.  Overall, it was a great evening.  For me personally, it was the first time I have had the opportunity to attend a college football game with both of my sons.  A great memory I'll always cherish.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, itiswhatitis said:

What a great night to experience!  IU and Bloomington did things very well last night.  I've never seen a bigger crowd at an IU game.  We got there 4 hours prior to kickoff and did some tailgating.  There was nothing but a sea of humanity, everywhere!  Was a bit disappointed where they set up for ESPN Game Day.  You couldn't get near it.  The atmosphere before AND during the game was unbelievable.  That was the first time I've been to a night game at the college level anywhere.  The pregame stuff was awesome.  The fireworks, and the flyover by the jets during the Star Spangled Banner was just icing on the cake!  The game itself was a game of two halves.  IU came out and looked like the #2 team in the country.  No doubt that Allen had them ready to play.  Ohio State was sluggish at best.  In the end, the final score was pretty much the way I felt it would be.  If IU learns how to finish a game, they will be very scary.  Dobbins could be the next Zeke Elliot for the Buckeyes.  Simmie Cobbs will be an All-American at IU just on those back shoulder fade routes.  11 catches?  Wow.  He ate up Ohio State's secondary.  I didn't see as many overthrows by Lagow last night as he had last year.  He was on the money in that first half.  For the game he was 40 out of 65 (new school record for attempts) for 410 yards, 3 TD's and 2 picks.  IU's downfall on offense is no running game or at least it was last night.  I believe Ohio State's front 7 had something to do with that, but 17 total yards on the ground isn't good.  In that last quarter and a half the Buckeyes just pinned back their ears and tee'd off on Lagow.  Once they started getting pressure on him, IU couldn't keep up on the scoreboard.  Overall, it was a great evening.  For me personally, it was the first time I have had the opportunity to attend a college football game with both of my sons.  A great memory I'll always cherish.

I think Lagow is much improved, especially from an accuracy standpoint. Didn't see many errant or overthrows like we saw all last year, he looked crisp. Forced some things sure, but when you virtually have zero running game and drop back 65 times against that defense, bad things are bound to happen at some point. Still feel he needs to get stronger and more aware in the pocket, but he's not going to see a push rush like that the rest the year.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Muda69 said:

I don't use a publicly accessible email address.  Sorry.

I guess I'm a coward.

You owe the Dude a buck.  Not sorry.  If you don't pay up than there's no guessing about it.

Edited by Lebowski

The front five have to get better.  Otherwise it's going to be a long season.  Without a running game typically means you lose by three or four touchdowns against teams like OSU.  (More like four or five touchdowns if the Dude's being honest.  IU's D played fantastic for 2.75 quarters!  The big plays were essentially the gut punch that sucked the air out of them.)  Ramsey in the game seemed to balance the offense and force OSU's D to play against the run.  The Dude wasn't sure why they didn't bring him in more, especially in the 2nd half.  Bringing him in the first half created some match up issues or at least that what it looked like to me.  The Dude could be wrong though.  In the second half OSU's D just pinned their ears back and said, 'I dare you to run the football because here's our pass defense and we're set up and ready to defend your passing game.'  Lagow played his heart out but this team won't win games without a running game, and Ramsey in the game helped the running game last night.  He's no starter but a nice complement to the offense that needs to add a wrinkle to defenses like OSU.  

Westbrook on special teams, fail.  Last year he averaged 4.5 catches a game. Yeah, yeah, yeah, the Dude knows he played on special teams last etc. etc. but that was last year.  Cobbs at 1 and Westbrook at 2 with a breakout TE that snagged some really impressive catches creates a mess for most of IUFB's opponents.  

IUFB heads to Charlottesville, VA next week!  Give 'em hell!

Edited by Lebowski

1 hour ago, Lebowski said:

You owe the Dude a buck.  Not sorry.  If you don't pay up than there's no guessing about it.

Mailing address please.    I guess I have to save face versus an ITG like Lebowski.

Edited by Muda69
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

30 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Mailing address please.    I guess I have to save face versus an ITG like Lebowski.

ITG?

Send pennies Muda........;)

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, Trojan Dad said:

ITG?

Send pennies Muda........;)

Internet Tough Guy.

Good idea, but the shipping would cost too much.

I have a Canadian dollar bill around here somewhere................

Edited by Muda69

35 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

The Dude's been able to hold his own without the internet, coward.

Donate a dollar here:  http://www.indianasfinest.com/donate-now/

The Dude can only go by your word-- which based on the conversation here it means nothing --that you indeed make a donation.  

39 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

The Dude's been able to hold his own without the internet, coward.

Donate a dollar here:  http://www.indianasfinest.com/donate-now/

The Dude can only go by your word-- which based on the conversation here it means nothing --that you indeed make a donation.  

How about I send you the $1 and you donate it yourself?

I don't trust PayPal and even if I did,  one donation and I'll getting phone calls for years to come.

Edited by Muda69

42 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

How about I send you the $1 and you donate it yourself?

I don't trust PayPal and even if I did,  one donation and I'll getting phone calls for years to come.

Nope.  Make the donation.  Think outside the box.  

Here's their contact info.

info@indianasfinest.com
1415 Shelby Street
Indianapolis, IN 46203

Thank you kindly.

Edited by Lebowski

7 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

Nope.  Make the donation.  Think outside the box.  

Here's their contact info.

info@indianasfinest.com
1415 Shelby Street
Indianapolis, IN 46203

Thank you kindly.

My bet was with you, not with an Indiana State Police charity.  Besides even if I did send the $1 you said yourself you probably wouldn't believe me.

9 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

My bet was with you, not with an Indiana State Police charity.  Besides even if I did send the $1 you said yourself you probably wouldn't believe me.

Yep, and you lost.  Send the money to them as that's where it was going had the Dude won, and did.  There's no need for you to send the money to the Dude.  But there is a need for you to own up to your integrity.  Knowing your libertarian views consider it a little extra crow served up on your plate, coward

Edited by Lebowski

1 minute ago, Lebowski said:

Yep, and you lost.  Send the money to them as that's where it was going had the Dude won, and did.  Consider it a little extra crow served up on your plate, coward

This is hilarious.   You first call me a coward, then when I acknowledge you won and offer to send you $1, you refuse.  What are you afraid of Lebowski?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just now, Muda69 said:

This is hilarious.   You first call me a coward, then when I acknowledge you won and offer to send you $1, you refuse.  What are you afraid of Lebowski?

Not afraid.  It's your integrity, not the Dude's.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Lebowski said:

Not afraid.  It's your integrity, not the Dude's.

Why are you so afraid to take my money?  Why are you afraid to send it to the ISP yourself?

My integrity is intact. I owned up and am willing to send you the $1.   No, it appears ultimately that you are the coward in this transaction, not I.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Muda69 said:

Why are you so afraid to take my money?  Why are you afraid to send it to the ISP yourself?

My integrity is intact. I owned up and am willing to send you the $1.   No, it appears ultimately that you are the coward in this transaction, not I.

What if the Dude told you that he works for ISP?  Send the money there, please and thank you.  Own up, loser.  Be a man, coward.

• Upvote 1