• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/20/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired
Sign in to follow this  
GB4

Black Monday in the NFL

What coaches does everyone expected to be fired?

Fired so far are Jeff Fisher (Rams), Gus Bradley (Jaguars), Rex Ryan (Bills).

I expect Chuck Pagano (Colts), John Fox (Bears), Mike McCoy (Chargers) to all be fired this Monday. Todd Bowles (Jets) also has a very hot seat

What coach do you expect to be leading candidates for the openings/potential openings? 

GB 

Edited by GB4

I think Fox, McCoy, and Ron Rivera will be fired. Still unsure on Pagano and I think the Jets will wait a bit before firing Bowles to see what their options are as replacement

1 hour ago, FishDuck said:

I think Fox, McCoy, and Ron Rivera will be fired. Still unsure on Pagano and I think the Jets will wait a bit before firing Bowles to see what their options are as replacement

If Irsay was irritated that the Colts wasted much of the Manning years he would be wise to fire Pagano (Along with Grigson).

GB 

16 hours ago, GB4 said:

If Irsay was irritated that the Colts wasted much of the Manning years he would be wise to fire Pagano (Along with Grigson).

GB 

Oh I certainly agree, they are both terrible and should have been fired last season. But, I wouldn't be shocked if they got 1 more year

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, FishDuck said:

Oh I certainly agree, they are both terrible and should have been fired last season. But, I wouldn't be shocked if they got 1 more year

I don't think I could handle another season of those two lol.

GB 

The Jacksonville Jaguars promote Offensive Line Coach Doug Marrone to Head Coach.

GB 

The Broncos hire Miami DC Vance Joseph and the Bills hire Panthers DC Sean McDermott.

GB 

I read the Colts are signing another Canadian League player.  And yet another Grigson experiment rears its ugly head.  I'm convinced that Irsay is in *Deleted*.  I've been a Colts fan for many years but seriously considering changing loyalties to another team. 

Just now, itiswhatitis said:

I read the Colts are signing another Canadian League player.  And yet another Grigson experiment rears its ugly head.  I'm convinced that Irsay is in *Deleted*.  I've been a Colts fan for many years but seriously considering changing loyalties to another team. 

The team has to fill out a 90 man roster and it's a low risk high reward signing. They didnt give him a lot of money so if it doesn't work out it won't break them financially. They team does have about $55 million in cap space this off season and can get up to $65 million to $70 million if they cut some players. I am very interested to see how they handle this off-season. I really hope you don't switch loyalties to another team but I can't stop you. I am very frustrated with a lot of things too but I love this team to much and in actuality we have been spoiled over the last 20 years or so.

GB 

I wouldn't be that upset with the CFL signing. The guy has 29 sacks in the last 3 years, who else on the roster has shown any sign of being able to rush the QB? I'll wait...

He's also a special teams guy, look up the hit he had on TY Hilton in college on a kickoff, and if nothing else is a fresh body with some pass rush ability to throw on the scout team and hopefully make the tackles better on the O-Line.

Also, did you know that in the CFL defensive linemen have to line up 1 yard off the ball? So this makes his sack total even more impressive IMO and shows that he could potentially be an edge rusher from on OLB type of position where you have a little more time to prepare a rush move before contacting the OL.

Edited by FishDuck
update to post

The L.A. Rams have hired the youngest Head Coach in NFL history in Sean McVay at 30 years old.

GB 

And please allow me to point out it's the CFL.  That's about the same quality of competition as the D league in the NBA.  How many players get signed from the CFL and turn out to be good players?  One out of 100?  One out of 200?  It's just another "let's throw something at the wall and see if it sticks" ploy by Grigson.  Which now makes me wonder it that is how he does his draft and signing Free Agents.  You can paint it however you want but at the end of the day it's still a turd.  Grigson has no business being a GM.  Unless Irsay gets rid of him AND Pagano, I won't watch one Colt game next season.  It's futile.  I read that their #1 priority in this year's draft is running back.  Seriously?  What team is the front office watching??? 

Edited by itiswhatitis
made an omission

Most roster signings 60 to 90 are just throwing something at the wall to see of it sticks. It isn't like they gave him guaranteed money or anything.

GB 

10 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

And please allow me to point out it's the CFL.  That's about the same quality of competition as the D league in the NBA.  How many players get signed from the CFL and turn out to be good players?  One out of 100?  One out of 200?  It's just another "let's throw something at the wall and see if it sticks" ploy by Grigson.  Which now makes me wonder it that is how he does his draft and signing Free Agents.  You can paint it however you want but at the end of the day it's still a turd.  Grigson has no business being a GM.  Unless Irsay gets rid of him AND Pagano, I won't watch one Colt game next season.  It's futile.  I read that their #1 priority in this year's draft is running back.  Seriously?  What team is the front office watching??? 

I'm not saying he is going to be a star, but it's January. Who else are they going to sign in January? He's a physical player, had some success, measures almost the exact same as Eric Walden at 6'2' 245-250lbs and is almost guaranteed to have a chip on his shoulder. Other NFL teams were looking at him and the Colts grabbed him. It will be the least of the Colt's problems this year, even if he doesn't play a snap for them. You need at least 90 bodies to take to camp, this seems like a cheap gamble to me. I like the move, it isn't like they are paying him a fortune or making a big deal about it in the press.

There have been defensive players who transitioned well from the CFL to the NFL too, although I do agree it is rare. Does Cameron Wake or Jerrell Freeman ring a bell? And championship teams are not all about the guys you hear filling up the stat sheet on Sundays. You need quality players for the starters to go against in practice, you need guys who can push the starters and make them feel their job isn't safe. Who was pushing Mathis/Walden this year for a starting position? Who was working against Costanzo and Co. in practice to make them better?

It's funny to me just how much Colts fans spaz out, very similar to IU basketball fans. Is the team making poor decisions? Yes. Are they living in mediocrity right now? Yes. But it could be a lot worse.

Worse case scenario you have to get thru 1 more year of Pagano/Grigson going .500 and then you get some new life in charge.

On ‎1‎/‎13‎/‎2017 at 7:42 AM, FishDuck said:

I'm not saying he is going to be a star, but it's January. Who else are they going to sign in January? He's a physical player, had some success, measures almost the exact same as Eric Walden at 6'2' 245-250lbs and is almost guaranteed to have a chip on his shoulder. Other NFL teams were looking at him and the Colts grabbed him. It will be the least of the Colt's problems this year, even if he doesn't play a snap for them. You need at least 90 bodies to take to camp, this seems like a cheap gamble to me. I like the move, it isn't like they are paying him a fortune or making a big deal about it in the press.

There have been defensive players who transitioned well from the CFL to the NFL too, although I do agree it is rare. Does Cameron Wake or Jerrell Freeman ring a bell? And championship teams are not all about the guys you hear filling up the stat sheet on Sundays. You need quality players for the starters to go against in practice, you need guys who can push the starters and make them feel their job isn't safe. Who was pushing Mathis/Walden this year for a starting position? Who was working against Costanzo and Co. in practice to make them better?

It's funny to me just how much Colts fans spaz out, very similar to IU basketball fans. Is the team making poor decisions? Yes. Are they living in mediocrity right now? Yes. But it could be a lot worse.

Worse case scenario you have to get thru 1 more year of Pagano/Grigson going .500 and then you get some new life in charge.

Well you're half right.  Grigson is finally gone!