• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/20/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired  James Broyles Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown Ron Quals Hired  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara Doug Armstrong Hired Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Michael Torgerson Hired Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller Chad Montgomery Hired Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Keith Kinder Promoted Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos Brian Parker Hired  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  Ryan Hall Hired  Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Chuck Foga Hired Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning Brian Glesing Hired from Floyd Central Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Adam Handley Hired Fairfield:  Bob Miller Matt Thacker Hired East Central:  Justin Roden Don Stonefield (Interim )  Munster:  Leroy Marsh  Jason Grunewald promoted Floyd Central:  Brian Glesing  James Bragg Hired Tell City:  Josh Teague Aaron Clements Hired Pike Central:  Erik Mattingly Dave Stephens Hired Crawford County:  Kevin Mills Jeremy Reynolds Hired Northwestern Steve Dibler  Patrick Rosner hired  Gary West:  Jason Johnson Collin McCullough Hired Indianapolis Washington :  ?    Steve Moorman Hired Indianapolis Attucks: ?   Ibrahim Tawfeek Hired

18 hours ago, Lebowski said:

The Dude's 812 Football Top 20 - Week 8

1. Columbus North
  2. Evansville Central
  3. Columbus East
  4. Evansville Memorial
  5. Evansville Reitz
  6. East Central
  7. Gibson Southern
  8. Vincennes Lincoln
  9. Lawrenceburg
  10. Evansville Mater Dei
  11. North Harrison
  12. Jasper
  13. Bloomington South
  14. Terre Haute North
  15. Floyd Central
  16. Southridge
  17. Castle
  18. Linton-Stockton
  19. Brownstown Central
  20. Silver Creek

HR: Bedford North Lawrence, New Albany, Sullivan, Terre Haute South, Eastern Greene

812 Game(s) of the Week
#1 Columbus North (6-1) vs #13 Bloomington South (3-4)
#10 Evansville Mater Dei (5-2) at #2 Evansville Central (6-1)
#20 Silver Creek (6-1) at #19 Brownstown Central (6-1)

#812FB

Good looking list right here. I do believe CN is the best team in the 812. The passing game and WR's they have are unbelievable. CE is getting better as the year goes on, Big O-Line has continued to gel together.. I am surprised to not see New Albany on the list. Defense wasn't very good when we played them but those RB's they have are very good. 

Good Luck to everyone in the 812 on Friday. 

20 minutes ago, Captain Cabinets said:

I see Reitz, Central, but not even a vote for Evv. Memorial?  Interesting....

I thought so too...Tango expressed how comical he thought it was on social media.

58 minutes ago, Titan32 said:

I thought so too...Tango expressed how comical he thought it was on social media.

I honestly don't care that Memorial isn't listed, just thought it was funny how random the list is...Cathedral below teams they will/would destroy,, etc.  The people who created that list obviously didn't look at SOS and head to head... 

The longer you watch polls, the more obvious it is they are popularity contests as much as they are truly polls.  

I didn't even notice the New Pal.  LOL

1 hour ago, Butter Bean said:

The longer you watch polls, the more obvious it is they are popularity contests as much as they are truly polls.  

Hey, hey, hey, careful man, there's a beverage here!

2 hours ago, tango said:

I honestly don't care that Memorial isn't listed, just thought it was funny how random the list is...Cathedral below teams they will/would destroy,, etc.  The people who created that list obviously didn't look at SOS and head to head... 

Yeah the Dude abides.  

From the website:
Power Ranking Formula: 1. Power 2. Win-Loss 3. Strength of Schedule 4. Head-to-Head

The Dude isn't sure what 'Power' even means.

22 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

Hey, hey, hey, careful man, there's a beverage here!

Yeah the Dude abides.  

From the website:
Power Ranking Formula: 1. Power 2. Win-Loss 3. Strength of Schedule 4. Head-to-Head

The Dude isn't sure what 'Power' even means.

Clearly, that means the team that can lift the most combined weight in the weight room.  Duh Dude.  :15_v:

Edited by Captain Cabinets
  • Haha 1

Dude     To be honest I wasn’t referring to the 812 poll.   It’s the “official” polls that bother me.    They mean nothing.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Butter Bean said:

I agree and the coaches poll my be the worst of all.  Like this week we jump from 3 back to 1 when neither team ahead of lost.  And #2 Northridge drops all the way to #7 by winning.  Its like they look at it new each week depending on that weeks scores only and take nothing else into consideration.

18 hours ago, Olympian06 said:

I took all credibility out when I saw New Pal at #4. They are a good team, but not even close to being the 4th best team in the entire state. 

New Pal #4 (CalPreps #29/Sagarin #17) and Lowell #5 (CalPreps #36/Sagarin #45)?  Center Grove at #22 (CalPreps #7/Sagarin #3)?  Lafayette Jeff at #10 (CalPreps #22/Sagarin #27)...seriously?   Pike (CalPreps #8/Sagarin #12) and Brownsburg (CalPreps #10/Sagarin #11) unranked?  

My "smell" test alone detected just how wrong this was.

A word of advice to Indiana Preps.  If someone is knocking on your door tomorrow........don't answer. 

It's the DEA - They KNOW about the drugs. 

Edited by Lysander
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Lysander said:

New Pal #4 (CalPreps #29/Sagarin #17) and Lowell #5 (CalPreps #36/Sagarin #45)?  Center Grove at #22 (CalPreps #7/Sagarin #3)?  Lafayette Jeff at #10 (CalPreps #22/Sagarin #27)...seriously?   Pike (CalPreps #8/Sagarin #12) and Brownsburg (CalPreps #10/Sagarin #11) unranked?  

My "smell" test alone detected just how wrong this was.

A word of advice to Indiana Preps.  If someone is knocking on your door tomorrow........don't answer. 

It's the DEA - They KNOW about the drugs. 

AGREED! It made me laugh to see some of those schools up there. Depth alone would be the demise of some of the smaller schools in the top 10. 

Im sure it will all shake itself out over the next month or so. 

Edited by Olympian06
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Butter Bean said:

Dude     To be honest I wasn’t referring to the 812 poll.   It’s the “official” polls that bother me.    They mean nothing.  

No worries, man.  The Dude understood you.  The Dude just saw a golden opp to post one of the most epic lines from the greatest movie ever, made.

Edited by Lebowski

Columbus East plays there best game of the year against Jeff. Was up 48-0 with 2:30 left in the 1st half. Coasted to a 48-7 win. Starting to come together kind of like last years yeam. 

Good Luck to all the 812 teams in the final week before the playoffs begin. 

812! 812! 812! 

Columbus East slides back up to the top spot in the 812 rankings. 1 more game boys! 

2 more 812 teams punch their ticket.  

• Upvote 1

Congrats Memorial and SR on the wins. Looking forward to watching y'all in the state finals

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, MDfan said:

Congrats Memorial and SR on the wins. Looking forward to watching y'all in the state finals

WTH?!? You don’t want to watch us too? I’m going to go cry in my corner now lol 

Columbus East, Memorial, East Central and Southridge! Let’s bring home the titles boys. 

Impressive and congrats to all of them.  But for Memorial to beat the #1, #5 and #3 teams in a row with 2 of them previously undefeated is a step above the rest.  Lets bring 4 titles back south next week.

I know it's a long shot, but Eastern Greene gives us a shot at 5. 812 looking pretty good this year!

3 minutes ago, miner_35 said:

I know it's a long shot, but Eastern Greene gives us a shot at 5. 812 looking pretty good this year!

Oh yeah, forgot about the little guys.

7 minutes ago, miner_35 said:

Forgot about them! Yes! Eastern Greene as well! 

55 minutes ago, Olympian06 said:

WTH?!? You don’t want to watch us too? I’m going to go cry in my corner now lol 

Columbus East, Memorial, East Central and Southridge! Let’s bring home the titles boys. 

I apologize. I'll try and watch all of the games. I'll even cheer for Columbus east