• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Cathedral: Rick Strieff

Tipton beats Cass 17-13. Still not sure how though. 2 things you have to do in the rain and mud is take care of the ball and establish a run game. Tipton didn't either except for late the game, the run game came along. Couldn't hold on to the football to save our lives. Luckily the defense was outstanding once again. Cass 2 TD's came after turnovers deep in our own territory. Ugly wins are better than pretty losses though. On to WL, oh boy!

55 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

RCHS 15 LCC 0

Ran for 319 yards, led by Owens 160, QB had 82, we were snake bitten on a few drives that went from 2nd 2 or 3rd 3 to over 10+ yards taht we didn't convert.  

LCC defense played well but we established a good line of scrimmage.  

Our stats had LCC for 82 rushing yards and 15-25 in the air for 163 yards.   

I have said it all WEEK LONG,   LCC will be a tough out in 1a tournament.    

Is that 15-0 with a running clock the 2nd half?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Posted (edited)

http://www.kokomotribune.com/sports/football-devils-rule-hc-east/article_8fa37024-ab17-11e7-96e3-3f9ab31336da.html

Conference standings(in no particular order)

East                                                                         West

Lewis Cass  2-2                                                        Benton Central 0-4

Western  3-1                                                               Twin Lakes 2-2

Tipton 4-0                                                                    LCC 1-3

Hamilton Heights   1-3                                             West Lafayette 4-0

Northwestern 0-4                                                        RC 3-1

thought it interesting that Hamilton Heights beat Northwestern who beat Twin Lakes who beat LCC and yet Sagarin is the opposite

Edited by dazed and confused

7 hours ago, Fballfan15 said:

Tipton beats Cass 17-13. Still not sure how though. 2 things you have to do in the rain and mud is take care of the ball and establish a run game. Tipton didn't either except for late the game, the run game came along. Couldn't hold on to the football to save our lives. Luckily the defense was outstanding once again. Cass 2 TD's came after turnovers deep in our own territory. Ugly wins are better than pretty losses though. On to WL, oh boy!

Cass’ second touchdown was a 55 yard pass play. Deep in Tipton’s territory? It was a great game. Tipton won. Both teams made turnovers that were costly.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, punttheball said:

Cass’ second touchdown was a 55 yard pass play. Deep in Tipton’s territory? It was a great game. Tipton won. Both teams made turnovers that were costly.

You are right. I was thinking they punched in the interception they took to the 5. Forgot we made a nice stand on that one. Zeck kid can scoot. 

Posted (edited)
On 10/6/2017 at 11:12 PM, takkle4 said:

I think RCHS had 3 red zone stops in the game, so it could've easily finished LCC 21 - RC 15.

Pretty sure everyone in Rensseltucky expected LCC to show up and play football and they did just that.

My observations are that #83 is hard to stop on the short pass & that I must've heard #62's name get called 20 times on defense... it's not every game you see a DT making plays 25 yds down field. Kid has a motor. LCC O-line did better than I expected in pass coverage, but never could establish the ground game.

Edited by InTheTrench
because, edit.

On 10/7/2017 at 12:12 AM, takkle4 said:

I'm sure that if Pioneer played WL this year, Pioneer might be wishing they had a running clock.  If Pioneer didn't use a running clock against WL the fans would be looking for the exits by the 4th.  I guess the LCC coach didn't want to have the worst loss in school history happen on his watch,  so that might be why he chose a running clock when it was 35-0 at half.  WL was leading Twin Lakes 35-0 at the half and Twin Lakes got beat 70-0.  WL might have beat LCC 70-0 if they didn't have a running clock.

• Upvote 2

On 10/6/2017 at 11:31 PM, Fballfan15 said:

Cass Matches up well with Tipton.  Football is a game of matchups. Tipton fortunate.  I would say Cass defense played much better than Tiptons. 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, scat said:

Cass Matches up well with Tipton.  Football is a game of matchups. Tipton fortunate.  I would say Cass defense played much better than Tiptons. 

I think with Burkett and dry weather, Cass would struggle to defend the Tipton pass. Cass was very physical and played outstanding defensively no doubt. Tipton had 304 yards of offense and Cass had 160.

Edited by Fballfan15

5 hours ago, Fballfan15 said:

I think with Burkett and dry weather, Cass would struggle to defend the Tipton pass. Cass was very physical and played outstanding defensively no doubt. Tipton had 304 yards of offense and Cass had 160.

I think with Johnson (Cass starting QB who was out) and wet weather Tipton would have struggled with the RPO.  See what I did there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, dcjjones said:

I think with Johnson (Cass starting QB who was out) and wet weather Tipton would have struggled with the RPO.  See what I did there.

Cass going behind Center was Tipton's worst fear. The new offense would have played right in the hands of the Tipton defense. I thought after seeing the Cass Western score that this would be an easier game but obviously things didn't go Tipton's way most of the night. Cass could definitely be a sleeper in that Sectional. 

At this point I've seen them enough that I wouldn't even call them a sleeper. Eastbrook is good but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Cass won that sectional. 

7 hours ago, Fballfan15 said:

I would think so... they would be both hot, and very difficult to see the forward pass.

Image result for burka football

Oh, Burkett, I was way off.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, krunyan said:

At this point I've seen them enough that I wouldn't even call them a sleeper. Eastbrook is good but I wouldn't be surprised at all if Cass won that sectional. 

You may be right. A lot of people think the Eastbrook-Rensselaer second round matchup would be the championship but Cass is physical enough to win. Will be interesting to see how that Sectional plays out.

Hamilton Heights at Lafayette Central Catholic,- Both teams NEED this one. 
Lewis Cass at Twin Lakes, - Former Coach vs New Coach.
Northwestern at Benton Central, BC gets caught looking ahead to WL
Tipton at West Lafayette, - Bloodbath...like everyone else in the conference.
Western at Rensselaer Central, RC keeps on keeping on. 

The West will again take home the title and the bragging rights winning 3.

11 minutes ago, LCCAlum said:
Hamilton Heights at Lafayette Central Catholic,- Both teams NEED this one. 
Lewis Cass at Twin Lakes, - Former Coach vs New Coach.
Northwestern at Benton Central, BC gets caught looking ahead to WL
Tipton at West Lafayette, - Bloodbath...like everyone else in the conference.
Western at Rensselaer Central, RC keeps on keeping on. 

The West will again take home the title and the bragging rights winning 3.

West takes the title, but I think they only win 2.

4 minutes ago, Gonzoron said:

West takes the title, but I think they only win 2.

word

Can Tipton Score?   Last 3 teams were unsuccessful in that regard!!   We got a 1st half Teddy!!!  Yea Baby!!! 

Assuming Tipton's pass game is still the quick type,  Questions will be is what does Tipton do to slow #88 off the edge, his strong suit is PASS RUSH.   

Watching Western.   Interesting Offense they have there.   Just can't put my hand on it, looks like something I have seen before, on the tip of my tounge!!!   :17_v:

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Can Tipton Score?   Last 3 teams were unsuccessful in that regard!!   We got a 1st half Teddy!!!  Yea Baby!!!

Assuming Tipton's pass game is still the quick type,  Questions will be is what does Tipton do to slow #88 off the edge, his strong suit is PASS RUSH.

Watching Western.   Interesting Offense they have there.   Just can't put my hand on it, looks like something I have seen before, on the tip of my tounge!!!   :17_v:

B_LLW_ NKL_

YOU will probably have to buy 3 vowels to figure out this puzzle.... ; )

Can Tipton score? What kind of question is that ?  more like can Westside keep up with Tipton....Im thinking 49-47 or close to that unless it rains... then Tipton doesn't stand a chance.  ;;)

Edited by dazed and confused
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Roudebush has been pretty good at getting the ball out quick but he hasn't faced anyone quite like 88 so it will need to be extra quick. 

Good thing about playing Western is that you aren't going to be surprised. You know what's coming, just have to be able to stop it. You do have to worry a little bit about getting *%#!?*ed in and Knepley hitting Hubbert over the top.

Edited by Fballfan15

Hats off to LCC JV team tonight.  Hard fought game, liked a lot of their players especially up front.  #60, #68 were handful.   

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Hats off to LCC JV team tonight.  Hard fought game, liked a lot of their players especially up front.  #60, #68 were handful.   

I would love to see that punt again.

Yeah, that one.

Pretty wild play.

17 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

it's not just #88 either. The 3-3 is not the easiest to go against in HS when the team running it is ALSO big and athletic. It makes the angles on blocks even harder to get to. Roudebush has been good about getting the ball out quickly but will be interesting to see what the plan is for #88. 

Coach Nowlin, I've seen plenty of that offense the last 2 weeks(Western MS/your MS). I'm really glad to see something different this week lol!  Your 8th graders were really disciplined and really hard to defend. Was impressed with them. 

Edited by krunyan

16 hours ago, dazed and confused said:

B_LLW_ NKL_

YOU will probably have to buy 3 vowels to figure out this puzzle.... ; )

Can Tipton score? What kind of question is that ?  more like can Westside keep up with Tipton....Im thinking 49-47 or close to that unless it rains... then Tipton doesn't stand a chance.  ;;)

Knowing Judas like I do... the closest thing to a name I've heard him use is RPO. Run Power Often. I prefer Bullwinkle as well. Much more comical.

Image result for bullwinkle