• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks 

13 hours ago, dazed and confused said:

the O'shea news dazed me when I first read it....now i'm confused by lack of LCC response...

Just waiting to see what the next steps are before weighing in.

OT:  Congrats to LCC and Twin Lakes on a great basketball season and representation of the HC at the state championships today.  Both teams came up a bucket short today, but both represented their schools and the conference really well!  Congrats to Jacob Page from LCC who won the Craft Mental Attitude Award winner and Justin Crabb from Twin Lakes who won the Trester Mental Attitude Award.

• Upvote 1

Coming and Goings of Hoosier Off Season lately:

The Greek Freak picked up ND offer on April 1st.  Many more sure to come for this SOPH!!

Benton Central officially promoted Coach Mike Hammons at last week's board meeting after Coach Robson resigned.  

West Lafayette will be playing in Rose Ade Stadium vs Crete Monee on Sept 9th as Boilermakers play that Friday this year the 8th.  

Spring Camps are under way with NCI Co-Hosted by Coach Strasser and Coach Fry along with SOS in Indy.   

RCHS is down to 22 school days on the year, that is exciting.  

Hope all is well in Spring Sports, I think I will be taking in LCC vs RCHS up in Gary at Railcat stadium this evening myself.   

Might be a big announcement coming from a school in conference here in next week or so...  #teaserALERT 

LCC still open and now Western is open:   

Title /Position: Varsity Football Coach
Date Posted: Friday, April 21, 2017
Date Close: Monday, May 08, 2017
Category: Health/Physical Education/Sports
Employment Type: Full Time
Start Date: Thursday, June 01, 2017
Corp Name: Western School Corporation
School: Western High School
Level: Non Specific

Job Description 
Highly competitive salary based upon ECA schedule in Master Agreement.

Current High School vacancies include Physical Education (APC), Math, Science (Physics), Spanish, and English. There are also potential vacancies in other content areas.

Job Requirements 
Previous coaching experience required Teaching degree preferred

Job Qualifications 
Previous coaching experience required Teaching degree preferred

Contact Information 
Name: Joshua Larsh
Phone: 765-883-5541
Email: jlarsh@western.k12.in.us
Fax:  
Address 2600 S 600 W
  Russiaville, Indiana 46979

Application Instructions 
Letter of Interest

Current Resume including references

Copies of Licenses and Certificates (if applicable)

*If applying for a teaching position, please complete a teaching application found at http://corp.western.k12.in.us

2 hours ago, krunyan said:

Is that the #teaseralert?

I hope not.

That was not teaser alert, it's not ground breaking or involving MAJOR conf movement in any capacity 

Saw on Twitter last night that Karlaftis picked up another offer from Western Michigan. After watching his Hudl highlights I can see why he's getting major D1 offers. He has to be a headache to game plan against. 

1 minute ago, Coach Holt said:

Saw on Twitter last night that Karlaftis picked up another offer from Western Michigan. After watching his Hudl highlights I can see why he's getting major D1 offers. He has to be a headache to game plan against. 

Just so Raw, which is super scary.    He is fun to watch on tape when he is on their flipping KICKOFF TEAM.......and is 1st one down the field and the carnage he leaves behind to get to the point of attack.   I hear real good things about his younger brother as well.....coming up thru the WL ranks.  

Congrats to Coach Don Coller who was named HC at LCC this afternoon 

• Upvote 1

It has become official:   I know it was on the twitter's last week, but I waited until I got confirmation on game time etc but Hoosier Conference will be represented at Lucas Oil Stadium Week 6 as RCHS and WL will lock horns at 11 a.m. central time to start a day of ball in the oil can!!! 

Fellow down in Indy who runs those 1 day events for Lucas Oil contacted us a while back and conversations started. They had to wait until the entire Colts schedule was released. There was going to be a game week 2, but that date didn't work out for Indy and then week 6 opened up and we were presented the offer along with West Lafayette. West Lafayette will be playing in Ross Ade Stadium the week before then Lucas Oil week after, pretty awesome 2 week run for their program and feel lucky to be asked to play down there in regular season. West Lafayette agreed to give up their homecoming/home game to move it Lucas Oil.

Super Exciting Stuff!!   

Western fills their HC with Northwestern's HC Alex Stewart, which now leaves Northwestern without a HC.  

Posted (edited)

Congrats to former Tipton and current Northern Illinois OL Luke Shively on being named to the Rimington Watch List for Nation's top Center.

Edited by Fballfan15
  • Upvote 2

Karlaftis picked up Michigan offer a few days ago.   I heard they are pretty decent 

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Karlaftis going for state title in shot put as a sophomore ?...Inconceivable !!!  Also Westerns Tyler Gilbert for title in disc as a junior....Good luck men !!!

The Tigers having any progress filling the vacated HC spot ?

UPDATE     : KARLAFTIS AND GILBERT ARE STATE CHAMPIONS ! CONGRATULATIONS TO THESE YOUNG MEN ! Hope to see em on Friday nights !!!

Edited by dazed and confused
update
  • Upvote 2

Congratulations to George Karlaftas WL Shot Put and Tyler Gilbert Western Discus on your STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS. Two more Hoosier Conference State Champions!!

• Upvote 1

Karlaftas is only 6 ft away from state shot put record.   I won't bet against him getting to 67 ft 

Saw in JC article he has summer trip plans to Alabama, Penn St, Miami U here next few weeks.  

Impressive for both young men.  

Northwestern hired Steve Dibler from Farmington Illinois,   that should make all 10 teams in Hoosier Conf with coaches now.   

4 hours ago, Coach Ellenwood said:

Not a conference guy. Is that the young man from Tipton?

hope you had a great competition day Rennsy. Getting better!

That is Luke Shively from Tipton. Awesome you guys got to see him. Great young man!

• Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Great day for Tipton at the Center Grove 7 on 7. Started the day off 6-0 with wins over Center Grove, TH North, Mooresville, Indian Creek, Pike, and Lawrence North. Lost in the championship to Center Grove. Ran out of gas. QB KJ Roudebush looked outstanding all day as did the wideouts and defense. 

Edited by Fballfan15

28 minutes ago, Fballfan15 said:

That is Luke Shively from Tipton. Awesome you guys got to see him. Great young man!

Thank you.