• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/31/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Hobart:  Ryan Turley Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner
Sign in to follow this  
GB4

2017 Indianapolis Colts

Anybody know the attendance of the Colts/Bengals game yesterday?  As I was watching it seemed that the stadium was only half filled, at best.

Another sign that the NFL is in trouble.

On ‎9‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 3:05 PM, itiswhatitis said:

Brissett had a VERY good game against the Browns.  Glad to see the Colts FINALLY taking a few shots downfield.  Hilton had a monster first half.  Hated the second half play calling as they were trying NOT to lose the game instead of playing football and then almost lost it anyway.  That OT loss to Arizona didn't teach them ANYTHING!  I hope they can revel in the only win they'll get this season.  The latest power rankings have them at 30th.  Another "Luck" rumor says he might practice this week.  I've said this once and I'll say it again, "I don't see Luck playing at ALL this season.  They will keep up with this charade every week until around the 7th or 8th week and then announce at some news breaking press conference that Luck will not play this year.  Book it.

In case people haven't heard:  Luck was placed on IR.  This is one time I really hate calling something like this, but there it is.  Now those Luck retirement rumors will REALLY start swirling.

Edited by itiswhatitis

Luck won't retire, he just doesn't want to play for Pagano and doesn't want to play for a team with no talent and no protection for him when he drops to pass. Best news of the season for Colts fans. Going to end up with a top 3 draft pick and an even easier excuse to dump the entire coaching staff and let Ballard continue the rebuild.

The question now is how low can you trade down and still pick up a good OT to protect Luck? The McGlinchey kid from Notre Dame is a stud, but Connor Williams from Texas might be a better pass blocker. If you can trade down a few spots and get one of those 2 and a few extra draft picks you are sitting pretty.

Also, trade TY Hilton ASAP this spring.

I don't understand the whole trade T.Y. logic. 

GB

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎3‎/‎2017 at 9:20 AM, FishDuck said:

Luck won't retire, he just doesn't want to play for Pagano and doesn't want to play for a team with no talent and no protection for him when he drops to pass. Best news of the season for Colts fans. Going to end up with a top 3 draft pick and an even easier excuse to dump the entire coaching staff and let Ballard continue the rebuild.

The question now is how low can you trade down and still pick up a good OT to protect Luck? The McGlinchey kid from Notre Dame is a stud, but Connor Williams from Texas might be a better pass blocker. If you can trade down a few spots and get one of those 2 and a few extra draft picks you are sitting pretty.

I wouldn't bet on that.  Just like he was supposed to play by week1, then week 4, and so on.  As I said before, the Colts organization KNEW before the season started he wouldn't play.  They only played dumb so people would still buy tickets.  Now that is has been divulged that Luck will NOT play this season, they can blame their poor season on other injuries, etc.  They will now start to pump the public for "next year".  The Colts are a dumpster fire out of control as is the NFL now with all of the kneeling controversy.  I've NEVER seen one player explain why it is they HAVE to do it during the National Anthem.  They have no explanation. They know it's controversial yet continue to do it.  Talk about biting the hand that feeds you!  The general public isn't as dumb as the players think they are.  I wonder how they'll feel if the owners decide (business wise)  to shut the league down?   There are sponsors and networks who are honked off about the low viewer numbers.  IMO the NFL thought this would blow over.  I'm glad to see the general public sticking to their guns and I hope they shut it down.  It would be what they deserve.  

The Colts are 23-7 all time verse the Texans, but have lost the last 3. 3 different QBs have lead the Texans in those games. Today will be a 4 different QB and I expect a 4th straight win.

GB

On 10/30/2017 at 11:09 AM, Muda69 said:

Anybody know the attendance of the Colts/Bengals game yesterday?  As I was watching it seemed that the stadium was only half filled, at best.

Another sign that the NFL is in trouble.

I know I'm a week late but I was at that game. I'm a Bengals fan and I can tell you that it was about 80% full. It was BITTER cold so the weather probably had a lot to do with it. People left the game early because it was so cold. by the end only the lower bowl was full, about 60%. I've been to many of Bengals games and I can tell you that nothing is different down there. Cincinnati has also had no players protest at all...just an observation.

20 hours ago, itiswhatitis said:

I wouldn't bet on that.  Just like he was supposed to play by week1, then week 4, and so on.  As I said before, the Colts organization KNEW before the season started he wouldn't play.  They only played dumb so people would still buy tickets.  Now that is has been divulged that Luck will NOT play this season, they can blame their poor season on other injuries, etc.  They will now start to pump the public for "next year".  The Colts are a dumpster fire out of control as is the NFL now with all of the kneeling controversy.  I've NEVER seen one player explain why it is they HAVE to do it during the National Anthem.  They have no explanation. They know it's controversial yet continue to do it.  Talk about biting the hand that feeds you!  The general public isn't as dumb as the players think they are.  I wonder how they'll feel if the owners decide (business wise)  to shut the league down?   There are sponsors and networks who are honked off about the low viewer numbers.  IMO the NFL thought this would blow over.  I'm glad to see the general public sticking to their guns and I hope they shut it down.  It would be what they deserve.  

This is my point, Ballard knew all along that he wouldn't play this year. Like I mentioned in an earlier post asking if Colts fans wanted Luck to play I think the plan all along was to take it very slow with 12 and start rebuilding the roster; you are correct though they didn't want to say this in August and lose ticket sales.

This is the perfect time to "tank" and rebuild in the AFC; the Patriots and Steelers are on the last couple years of being atop the league and you never know with the Chiefs and Alex Smith. The Broncos are struggling and that defense isn't getting younger, the Texans haven't shown an ability to win big games yet, Tennessee has yet to live up to expectations, Jacksonville still has several flaws, Oakland has been a disappointment this year, the list goes on.

Responding to a different post, but as for the Trade TY Logic: I think he is a horrible locker room guy, a very poor leader and influence, and is easily replaceable with a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick. Yes he has big games like yesterday, but he also has streaks where he disappears--usually in big games--and he is limited in what he can be used as for an offense. I certainly wouldn't give him away, but if you can get a 2nd rounder for him or a package of similarity to what Kelvin Benjamin brought I would make a culture statement and ship him out.

T.Y. isn't a leader, I won't deny that. He had a few bad games, again I can't deny that. Yet, he is still second in the league in receiving with a young back up QB. If you go back and watch the tape he was winning his individual battles in 2 of those 3 games. The OL either can't block or Brissett holds onto the ball too long. Chud's offensive scheme doesn't help matter much either. On top of all that, the others WR on this team are not very good. I don't believe drafting a guy in the 2nd or 3rd round can easily replace a guy who has lead the NFL in receiving yards one year and is in second at the halfway point in the next. I stand by my stance that it makes zero sense to trade him.

GB 

2 catches for 23 yards for TY. Typical big-game performance for the "ghost". Maybe we can give him a pass for the groin issue. Maybe.

Why only 1 target to Moncrief as well? He catches a 60 yard TD at the start of the 2nd quarter and you reward him by not throwing it to him again?

He was shadowed by 2 defenders the entire game. In fact on Chester Rogers 61 yard TD catch, T.Y. told  Chester what to do on that particular play because he saw a flaw in the way Pittsburgh was defending him. As for the other stuff have you watched this coaching staff coach?

GB

On 11/3/2017 at 9:20 AM, FishDuck said:

Trade TY? Thats a hard no. 

Mglinchey is ok at best. Hes been handled easily by opposing teams in both of notre dames losses this season. Would certainly not bet the future of andrew luck on him what so ever. 

• Upvote 1

On November 16, 2017 at 10:57 PM, 1adam12 said:

Trade TY? Thats a hard no. 

Mglinchey is ok at best. Hes been handled easily by opposing teams in both of notre dames losses this season. Would certainly not bet the future of andrew luck on him what so ever. 

As I said, there might be better pass blockers than Mglinchey. But, he is a tone setter and would start at RT from day 1. The Colts need to replace Costanza (yes, I know his real name) at LT but doubt that will happen anyway 

If the Colts stay around the 3rd-4th draft pick by year end they will be in great shape. You can get some good value out of that in the trade market, especially if Darnold comes out as he will be a lock at 1 or 2, or you can select a playmaker--I wouldn't take an OL player that high this year.