• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/28/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romaine Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner New Haven  Jim Rowland S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak  Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street
Sign in to follow this  
GB4

2017 Indianapolis Colts

GB

4 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

today Social Media world 

Yup, I never know what to believe anymore.

GB 

GB 

12 hours ago, GB4 said:

GB 

He did good work at Temple, but talk about little experience. Just one year in the NFL as an assistant and one year at Baylor, which you really can't judge with what all happened there before he took over. Might be an interesting OC option if he would be willing to do that, but I don't see it as the HC choice.

14 minutes ago, FishDuck said:

He did good work at Temple, but talk about little experience. Just one year in the NFL as an assistant and one year at Baylor, which you really can't judge with what all happened there before he took over. Might be an interesting OC option if he would be willing to do that, but I don't see it as the HC choice.

I don't think so either. I can at least say Ballard is turning over every stone. I personally think Josh McDaniels is the guy.

GB 

1 minute ago, GB4 said:

I don't think so either. I can at least say Ballard is turning over every stone. I personally think Josh McDaniels is the guy.

GB 

I think that is the best fit. For the Colts and for him. He knows how to use multiple tight ends, especially when they are athletic route runners-which the Colts have, and he knows how to use multiple receivers of all sizes and ability in multiple alignments to get them open.  And he is familiar with Brissett, just in case Luck does miss more time. And he is great at game planning to find matchups that benefit the offense and taking advantage of them, whether it be using a running back out wide or a tight end

• Upvote 1

To me this just seems like McDaniels.

GB

43 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Did Toub interview?   

I don't believe so. Indy beat writers were saying that the Colts may add more names to their list, but they did cancel some other interviews with some other guys.

GB 

I hate social media. They can't make up their minds. 

GB 

It looks like it will be Josh McDaniels.  He won't be announced until the Pats are eliminated from the playoffs.

10 hours ago, PHJIndy said:

It looks like it will be Josh McDaniels.  He won't be announced until the Pats are eliminated from the playoffs.

And Greg Doyel let's us know his displeasure, and I tend to agree with him:  https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2018/01/15/doyel-colts-expected-hire-josh-mcdaniels-why/1034425001/#/questions

The only branch on Belichick’s coaching tree that interests me is Josh McDaniels, whose tenure in Denver was so toxic, he clashed with players who worked closest with him (quarterback Jay Cutler, receiver Brandon Marshall, tight end Tony Scheffler) and one coach (that we know of, defensive coordinator Mike Nolan) and left this impression on punter Mitch Berger:

“I felt like I was playing for an equipment manager or something – he was like a little punk …” Berger said of McDaniels. “As soon as I had a game that wasn’t up to his standards, he wouldn’t talk to you or look at you. I never played for a guy in my life who guys wanted to play for less. He was just a guy you didn’t care about.”

McDaniels went 11-17 and was fired during his second season in Denver, a week after the NFL fined McDaniels after one of his staffers was caught illegally video-taping an opponent. Neither the NFL nor the Broncos could determine that McDaniels ordered the taping, but if we’re not going to give Belichick the benefit of the doubt on all the cheating that happens under his watch, let’s not give the benefit of the doubt to McDaniels just because he’s about to take over the Colts.

And I still can’t believe this is happening. Can’t believe McDaniels will soon be hired by the Colts, and entrusted with Andrew Luck. Can’t believe he was the hottest commodity on the coaching market this fall. McDaniels is Lane Kiffin to me, an arrogant young punk who ascended rapidly after Daddy got him a cherry first job in coaching – McDaniels’ father, Ohio high school legend Thom McDaniels, was friends with Nick Saban, who hired Josh as a grad assistant at Michigan State in 1999 – and who kept getting promoted to the point of failure.

Monte Kiffin’s boy needed four tries to find a semblance of success – Lane flopped in the NFL with Oakland and in college with Tennessee and USC – but he failed three times before going 11-3 in his first season at FAU. Weis, Mangini and Crennel also got second chances as head coaches. They also failed. Most retreads do. Losers lose. Bill Belichick is an exception.

The Colts believe Josh McDaniels’ second chance will be the one where he gets it right. For my city’s sake, I hope so. For my own sake – readers gobble up stories on winning NFL teams – I hope so.

1 minute ago, Muda69 said:

Doyel knows very little about the game of football and his hatred for the Patriots runs deep, so I wouldn't put much stock into what he says in this case.

Go watch the Patriots-Titans game from this past weekend and count how many times McDaniels devised a play to get Gronk or Amendola in 1 on 1 matchups with Tennessee's worst coverage player and then tell me you don't think McDaniels can help the Colts' offense.

2 hours ago, FishDuck said:

Doyel knows very little about the game of football and his hatred for the Patriots runs deep, so I wouldn't put much stock into what he says in this case.

Go watch the Patriots-Titans game from this past weekend and count how many times McDaniels devised a play to get Gronk or Amendola in 1 on 1 matchups with Tennessee's worst coverage player and then tell me you don't think McDaniels can help the Colts' offense.

Mr. McDaniels helping the Colt's offense as an O.C.  and being a head coach are two different things.  And I don't believe he can be successful at doing both at the same time.

If you have 13 minuted to listen to the link in the tweet, it is a good listen.

GB