• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/24/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romaine Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street Knightstown:  Kevin Miller  Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Kokomo:  Brett Colby  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones  
Sign in to follow this  
GB4

2017 Indianapolis Colts

28 minutes ago, Irishman said:

My guess is there is no plan B.........Harbaugh???

Mike Florio, who first reported this on Sunday, also reported tonight that Colts felt McDaniels starting to waiver and have three interviews lined up in the next 24 to 48 hours. Makes you wonder if the Colts felt him being hesitant in any way, why announce it? I honestly feel bad for the three coaches the Colts have signed to a contract already. Stephen Holder says the Colts will keep them under contract, which makes it a tad awkward with whoever they do bring in as HC.

GB 

Edited by GB4

8 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Enter Dave Toub

Your guarantee can still come to fruition lol.

GB 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Irishman said:

My guess is there is no plan B.........Harbaugh???

Let's hope not.

One thing is for certain after this stunt; there is only one head coaching job left for McDaniels. No one else will take a chance on hiring him, much less interviewing. How long will he have to wait for Bellichick to step down?

• Upvote 1

I just find it amusing that so many Colts fans thought McDaniels was the “answer” ... right up until he backed out. Now, all of a sudden, they never wanted him. Revisionist history. So, he’s a jerk. So is Belichik, Saban, and a lot of very successful head coaches. It’s not a personality contest. Win, and nobody cares.

• Upvote 1

As if Colts fans need any more reasons to hate the Patriots.  LOL  It would be karma if the Pats lose Brady next year to injury.  I would never hope anyone gets hurt.  Just saying, it would be karma.  Mickey Dee is getting more money, you can bet on that.  I feel sorry for the guys he had contacted for assistants at Indianapolis.  What about them NOT getting jobs?  He has affected quite a few people with his actions.  I have to wonder IF Luck isn't going to play again next season and that was part of why he waffled on his decision and bailed at the last minute.  It appears it was a pretty classless act.  Personally, I didn't care if they hired him or not.  Just another coordinator trying to be a head coach.  They need to coax Cowher out of retirement.  LOL 

Beyond excited, my only concern is that leadership thought it was a good idea to hire him, which doesn't bode well for their next choice.  

Mr. Doyel doesn't pull any punches:  https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2018/02/06/doyel-josh-mcdaniels-selfish-little-jerk-but-did-colts-indy-favor/304619002/

Be embarrassed, Indianapolis Colts, but also be relieved. Josh McDaniels is a punk and a loser, but he’s not your punk. He’s not your loser.

He’s not your head coach, thank God.

Imagine, knowing what we know right now, infecting this franchise with that fraud. And make no mistake: He's one of the biggest frauds in the NFL. He confirmed it Tuesday night. After agreeing three weeks ago to terms with the Colts to become their next coach, after hiring multiple members of his coaching staff, after arranging to fly Wednesday morning from Boston to Indianapolis on Jim Irsay’s jet to be introduced at an afternoon news conference, Josh McDaniels backed out.

McDaniels will stay with the New England Patriots as their offensive coordinator. Or maybe he knows something we don’t, and will be replacing Patriots boss Bill Belichick. Hell, I don’t know, maybe Josh McDaniels will give in to his primal urges, shed his human skin and burrow into the insulation in Belichick’s basement.

What becomes of that rat is of no concern to me, not anymore, now that he has removed himself from our city and saved the Colts from themselves. And that, my friends, is how you need to see this: The Colts couldn’t do it on their own, so Josh McDaniels rescued them by withdrawing his name. And he did it for the most delightful of reasons: Apparently he thinks, giggle, he’s too good for them.

56 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

I admit and have previously admitted before that I do not follow the NFL closely.....What makes Coach McDaniels  "a punk and a loser", "rat" and "one of the biggest frauds in the NFL"?

Why would Coach McDaniels "infect the franchise"?

3 minutes ago, Coach Ellenwood said:

I admit and have previously admitted before that I do not follow the NFL closely.....What makes Coach McDaniels  "a punk and a loser", "rat" and "one of the biggest frauds in the NFL"?

Why would Coach McDaniels "infect the franchise"?

Once again you fail to actually read the entire linked document.    Some if not all of the answer you seek may be there.

• Downvote 1

Again, Doyel is a clown. That guy writes like a 15 year old girl who just got dumped after a high school football game...

As for the assistants that McDaniels hired: Eberflus was already coming to Indy, so no effect there. Dave Deguglielmo was release from the Dolphins, so McDaniels got him a job when he didn't have one. Mike Phair was coaching in college at Illinois and got promoted to the big leagues. I wouldn't necessarily say he screwed any of those guys over

5 minutes ago, Muda69 said:

Once again you fail to actually read the entire linked document.    Some if not all of the answer you seek may be there.

Sorry to disappoint, but I did.

Now, go continue your search to find out the indetity of Carlos Irwin Estevez....... 

***Hint.   USE GOOGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You know, since you are SO efficient at your job.

Edited by Coach Ellenwood
  • Downvote 1

Isn't Jim Caldwell available?

Isn't Jim Caldwell available?

Irrational Colts fans choose to think and focus on Bruce Airans or Payton Manning being available :13_v: 

I hear Pat McAfee is interested in the head coaching position as well.  Doesn't he at least deserve an interview?

And I hope McDaniels receives lifetime employment from Mr. Kraft and the Patriots organization because will the 31 other NFL teams ever be able to trust him at his word?

Edited by Muda69

As I say with every NFL team that is looking for a HC,  the owner needs to a meeting with Bill Cowher get out the check book and say to him there HAS to be a number you name it! Everyone has a price! 

Colts still rightfully belong to Baltimore, where they were a legendary NFL franchise.  .  The fraudulent Indy version is finally  getting it's comeuppance

• Downvote 3

Even after 40 years, that uniform still looked better on Johnny Unitas, Mike Curtis and John Mackey than it did on Peyton Manning, Robert Mathis and Dallas Clark

46 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

Colts still rightfully belong to Baltimore, where they were a legendary NFL franchise.  .  The fraudulent Indy version is finally  getting it's comeuppance

The Colts have been in Indianapolis longer than they were in Baltimore. 

The team was in serious decline after the 1968/69  Super Bowl loss. Poor records, a decrepit stadium and an extremely small fan base. 

Baltimore obtained the team from Dallas, using your logic, they should still belong to Dallas.

• Upvote 1

Dan Campbell to interview tomorrow and Frank Reich on Friday.

GB 

I see that GM Ballard has now declared, in the wake of the Josh McDaniels fiasco, that the “rivalry” between the Colts and Patriots is “back on.”  Has anyone informed the Patriots that the Colts are a “rival?” Since Brady’s first start in 2001, the Patriots are 15-3 vs. the Colts with Tom Terrific at the helm. This begs the question, “does the hammer have a rivalry with the nail?” :17_v:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobref said:

I see that GM Ballard has now declared, in the wake of the Josh McDaniels fiasco, that the “rivalry” between the Colts and Patriots is “back on.”  Has anyone informed the Patriots that the Colts are a “rival?” Since Brady’s first start in 2001, the Patriots are 15-3 vs. the Colts with Tom Terrific at the helm. This begs the question, “does the hammer have a rivalry with the nail?” :17_v:

No kidding. Colts have lost 7 straight, but the rivalry is warming back up! lol

In all fairness, it was the kind of thing that Colts fans wanted to hear and I'm sure it got them pumped up and made even more fans of Ballard through this situation. You could tell it was a staged thing for him to say it and he was debating whether to go thru with it or not. If the Colts back it up and win at Gillette next season he will look like a God; if they get drummed by 20 tho...