• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

Head Coach Openings 2017   10/17/2016

Frankton: Randy England  Bobby Ryan Promoted  Franklin Community:  Adam Reese  Chris Coll hired from Tri-West Martinsville: Brad Rose  Carter Whitson Hired  Lake Central: Brett St. Germain Tony Bartolomeo Promoted South Bend Clay: Craig Redman  Will Porter Hired from South Vermilion  Boone Grove:  Tony Tinkel   Dan Kukulski Promoted  Mooresville:  Chad Dockery Mike Gillin hired from Indian Creek Wood Memorial:  Caleb Cherry/Archer  Bret Kramer Hired Tippecanoe Valley:  Shriver/Norris   Stephen Moriarty  Hired Corydon Central:  Andrew Smith    Aaron Humphrey Hired Calumet New Tech:  Rik Richards  Rick Good Hired  Winamac:  Tim Roth Craig Barr Hired   Tri-West: Chris Coll Tyler Bruce Promoted North Central (Indy): Kevin Kreinhagen Kevin O'Shea hired from Lafayette Central Catholic Indy Chatard:  Vince Lorenzano Rob Doyle Promoted Paoli: Brian Balsmeyer Jeremy Lowery Promoted Mt. Vernon (Fortville): Doug Armstrong  Neil Kazmierczak  Hired from Lebanon  Bluffton: Randy Hudgins Brett Kunkel Hired Indian Creek: Mike Gillin Brett Cooper Hired Vincennes Lincoln:  Jon Heiden  Levi Salters Promoted  Frankfort:  Joel Sienicki Eric Davis Hired from Tri-County South Vermillion:  Will Porter  Greg Barrett hired from North Putnam Riverton Parke:  Jake Weber Brad Sanders Promoted Elkhart Central:  Levon Johnson Josh Shattuck hired from Seymour Mt. Vernon (Posey) Paul Meirer Cory Brunson hired from Evansville Harrison Richmond:  Matt Holeva  Abe Tawfeek hired from Indy Northwest Lebanon:    Neil Kazmierczak Jeff Smock Hired North White:  Jim Davis Kirk Quasebarth Promoted  North Posey:   Paul Rynkiewich  Waylon Schenk hired from Princeton  Pike Central:  Dustin Powell   Erik Mattingly Hired  John Glenn:  Damon Groves Austin Faust Promoted North Putnam:  Greg Barrett Sam Carnes Hired  Lafayette Central Catholic: Kevin O'Shea Don Coller Promoted  Evansville Harrison: Cory Brunson Lane Oxley Hired Indianapolis Roncalli:  Bruce Scifres Scott Marsh Promoted  Anderson Prep Academy: Jeffrey Dorman Randy Albano Hired Princeton:   Waylon Schenk   Jared Maners Hired Ft. Wayne North:  Mike Cochran Michael Brevard Hired Turkey Run:  Steve Stewart Bruce Scaggs Hired Indianapolis Northwest:   Abe Tawfeek Jonas Williams Promoted Tri-County:  Eric Davis  Sam Zachary Hired Carroll Community:  Mark Brown Kevin Sayler Promoted  Oldenburg Academy:  Wes Gillman  Union County:  Rusty Hensley Joel Hofmann promoted Edgewood: Jerry Bland Brian Rosenburg Hired Seymour:  Josh Shattuck  Michael Kelly Hired Wawasee:  Josh Ekovich Michael Eshbach hired from Eastside Muncie Central:  Adam Morris Scott Pethtel Hired Benton Central:  Ed Roberson  Mike Hammons  Promoted  Western:  Ron Jankovich Alex Stewart Hired New Castle:  Will Ragle  Kyle York Hired Sullivan:  Trent Olson Blaine Powell promoted Northwestern:  Alex Stewart Steve Disler hired  Clinton Central:  Isaac Sturgis Justin Gardiner Hired North Miami:  Mark Lefebvre  Joe Grant Hired from Rochester Spring Valley Justin Scheller Mark Hammond Hired  Edinburgh:  Derrick Ball  Jason Burton Hired Eastside: Michael Eshbach Steve Cooley promoted Rochester: Joe Grant Brian Hooker Hired Cloverdale: Tony Meyer Tom Winder Promoted Hammond Clark: Eric Schreiber  Hammond Noll:  Colin McCullough  Wayne Racine hired Lake Station:  Adam Hudak   South Central:  Eric Stephens Buzz Schoff Hired  Caston:  Brady Jones  Tony Slocum Promoted  

WarriorFan    5

Hey Bruin2358, is Bryce as good as the other Hendershots? Also, it just occurred to me that all the numbers in your username were/are worn by a Hendershot during their days at TW. Any connection there or is it just a coincidence?

• Downvote 1

bruins2358    11
1 minute ago, WarriorFan said:

Hey Bruin2358, is Bryce as good as the other Hendershots? Also, it just occurred to me that all the numbers in your username were/are worn by a Hendershot during their days at TW. Any connection there or is it just a coincidence?

There is a connection. I would say he's not as good as the other ones right now. But he has ability to become best of the bunch. He needs to get bigger, stronger and needs to add the mean streak that Peyton played with. I think that will come with time and with reps. 

• Downvote 1

WarriorFan    5
28 minutes ago, bruins2358 said:

There is a connection. I would say he's not as good as the other ones right now. But he has ability to become best of the bunch. He needs to get bigger, stronger and needs to add the mean streak that Peyton played with. I think that will come with time and with reps. 

I remember him last year in middle school where he was at least a head taller than everybody else. Really good size height -wise. Bigger and stronger will go a long way for him. Good luck to you guys this Friday. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

bruins2358    11
15 minutes ago, WarriorFan said:

I remember him last year in middle school where he was at least a head taller than everybody else. Really good size height -wise. Bigger and stronger will go a long way for him. Good luck to you guys this Friday. 

Good luck to you guys as well!

• Downvote 1

Mike Walden    0

I know I am a little late to the game, but the TW vs WeBo game was awesome! I wished TW would have won but I was really proud of well the boys played and didn't quit. WeBo was strong and big.  #35 for WeBo killed on special teams, offense, and even had a pick 6. 

The QB  is young and needs work but any sophomore needs work.  I think it would be an absolute mistake and program hindering if they try to replace the QB now. The kid will make mistakes but he is learning.  He will be really good next year and as a senior, the future looks really bright.  

I love the call to go for 2 in OT. That call shows the boys that you believe in them.  Tyler Watson is a stud and a true leader of the team.  

The refs for the WeBo TW game could be the worst refs I have seen all season.  Bad calls both ways. They tried to make the game about them and not the boys.  

As far as I have seen, TW hires different refs for every home game.  So unless there is 20 refs that cheat for TW, I don't think there is any bias. I see bad calls at every games for both sides.  They are high school refs and they are real people who have daytime jobs.  They make mistakes.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

20 hours ago, Mike Walden said:

I know I am a little late to the game, but the TW vs WeBo game was awesome! I wished TW would have won but I was really proud of well the boys played and didn't quit. WeBo was strong and big.  #35 for WeBo killed on special teams, offense, and even had a pick 6. 

The QB  is young and needs work but any sophomore needs work.  I think it would be an absolute mistake and program hindering if they try to replace the QB now. The kid will make mistakes but he is learning.  He will be really good next year and as a senior, the future looks really bright.  

I love the call to go for 2 in OT. That call shows the boys that you believe in them.  Tyler Watson is a stud and a true leader of the team.  

The refs for the WeBo TW game could be the worst refs I have seen all season.  Bad calls both ways. They tried to make the game about them and not the boys.  

As far as I have seen, TW hires different refs for every home game.  So unless there is 20 refs that cheat for TW, I don't think there is any bias. I see bad calls at every games for both sides.  They are high school refs and they are real people who have daytime jobs.  They make mistakes.  

It's tough running a spread offense with a QB that isn't very mobile. Teams stack the box and the zone reads aren't really reads because he's not a very mobile QB. I don't think it'd be program hindering to at least give Luke some competition, right now the mistakes have no consequences because there's no competition in practice. The call for 2 was the absolute correct call but the play that was ran was too fancy from inside the 10. We had been killing them with the run all game long and should've ran some type of misdirection because they probably assumed Watson was getting the ball.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1st_and_10    251
20 hours ago, Mike Walden said:

I agree... I don't think there was any home cooking being given as there were some really questionable calls that went against Webo... It appeared that the Ref's had the TV Teddy Valentine attitude...

Our QB is a sophomore also... But he did get some reps last year as a true freshman (which I think has been huge for him)...

Webo is in 2A... I still don't think they have played a really good game for 4 quarters, and they haven't been at full strength all year... But they have to play exceptionally better to make a run in the playoffs.

It's pretty evident at this point in Conference that it is Danville and then everyone else...

bsucards    5

4 blowouts this week, most likely. I think Danville is criminally underrated in 3A right now. They beat Chatard last year and stomped a Lebanon team that had just beat a ranked 5A team. Was surprised to see the coaches poll kept them at #10 (not that those things matter).

As for TW: the kid is a sophomore with no experience. Have a little patience. Also, I may be mistaken, but TW does not run a lot of zone read, most of those are designed handoffs. 

IMHO Bryce is better served at WR and/or Safety. Will let his athleticism shine most. His rushing game last year was predicated on him being the best athlete on the field. If he tries that stuff at the varsity level, especially as a Freshman, he'd get the hell beat out of him. 

• Downvote 1

9 minutes ago, bsucards said:

4 blowouts this week, most likely. I think Danville is criminally underrated in 3A right now. They beat Chatard last year and stomped a Lebanon team that had just beat a ranked 5A team. Was surprised to see the coaches poll kept them at #10 (not that those things matter).

As for TW: the kid is a sophomore with no experience. Have a little patience. Also, I may be mistaken, but TW does not run a lot of zone read, most of those are designed handoffs. 

IMHO Bryce is better served at WR and/or Safety. Will let his athleticism shine most. His rushing game last year was predicated on him being the best athlete on the field. If he tries that stuff at the varsity level, especially as a Freshman, he'd get the hell beat out of him. 

Agree and disagree with some of your points. Usually QB's are one of better athletes on field and having an athletic QB run the spread offense is better than having a pocket passer. Not saying he wouldn't get he hell beat out of him because he would but if you're saying just cause he's a freshman he wouldn't be able to use that athleticism playing QB is crazy to me

• Downvote 1

Muda69    3,073
20 minutes ago, bsucards said:

Playing an awful "4A" (in name only) Frankfort team won't do them any favors.   Better for the Warriors to start their JV so the varsity guys can get a rest.   They would still win by 28+

Mike Walden    0
On 9/11/2017 at 7:08 AM, 1st_and_10 said:

I'll say this... The officiating was head scratching to say the least... And that was both ways... Webo got a sideline warning early in 1st Quarter, but everything that went on was mind boggling to say the least... I think there were good calls/bad calls both ways...

It was a good game... Tyler Watson is something else... And if I am going for 2 in that situation, he is getting the ball. 

Friday, Sep. 8
Danville 58, Crawfordsville 14
Lebanon 63, North Montgomery 27
Southmont 28, Frankfort 7
Western Boone 35, Tri-West 34, OT
Friday, Sep. 15
Crawfordsville at Southmont, 7 pm
Danville at Tri-West, 7 pm
Lebanon at Frankfort, 7 pm
Western Boone at North Montgomery, 7 pm

South Mont by 14

TW pulls the upset (I know homer call) by 6

Lebanon by 63

WeBo by 24

gaby    9

Going to Tri West is always tricky, but Danville gets it done in the rivalry game.

Lebanon can play their freshmen in the 2nd half against Frankfort.

Southmont is no joke, they will destroy Crawfordsville, 4 TD or more.

WeBo/NM at NM  could be the upset special, but probably not.  Still going with the Stars.

Edited by gaby

BigTimeDB    13

Southmont by 13 over Crawfordsville.  

Danville by 14 over TriWest 

Lebanon by 34 over Frankfort

Webo by 21 over North 

1st_and_10    251

At this level... I want the ball in someone's hands that can make a play with it... Webo had Gilliam at QB last year... The kid is an athlete... He wasn't much of a passer, but the kid made plays with his feet... Spencer is now doing that along with being able to sling the rock... He learned the 2nd half of the year when Pelley started him as a Freshman...

IF I am TW... I look long term... Who is going to be the guy going forward Hendershot or Robertson?  Get that guy as many reps as possible now... Maybe that's what Bruce is doing?  IT appears the Robertson kid is one dimensional... He isn't a threat to break contain and run 20 yards... He seems like more the kid that is going to sit in the pocket and try to make a play with his arm.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 1st_and_10 said:

At this level... I want the ball in someone's hands that can make a play with it... Webo had Gilliam at QB last year... The kid is an athlete... He wasn't much of a passer, but the kid made plays with his feet... Spencer is now doing that along with being able to sling the rock... He learned the 2nd half of the year when Pelley started him as a Freshman...

IF I am TW... I look long term... Who is going to be the guy going forward Hendershot or Robertson?  Get that guy as many reps as possible now... Maybe that's what Bruce is doing?  IT appears the Robertson kid is one dimensional... He isn't a threat to break contain and run 20 yards... He seems like more the kid that is going to sit in the pocket and try to make a play with his arm.

I 100% totally agree with you. At the HS level your QB needs to be somewhat of a threat to pull it down and run or make a play with your feet. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

POTLUCK    24

So the real question is, did the Hendershot family get their wish this week? Not sure it will matter, Tri-West by 14.

• Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, POTLUCK said:

So the real question is, did the Hendershot family get their wish this week? Not sure it will matter, Tri-West by 14.

I'll be shocked if this is the case

• Downvote 1

FbFan1    0
23 minutes ago, POTLUCK said:

WOW

WarriorFan    5
50 minutes ago, POTLUCK said:

I don't see any circumstance where this happens....Danville wins by AT LEAST 17! 

Danville wins 27-14, Danvilles defense was always on the attack and they brought the wood. Interesting to see Tyler Watson out at QB, he marched us down the field and threw a TD pass. Be interesting to see if he moves over to QB for rest of season. Kid is an absolute stud and a gamer, crazy when you have an athlete at QB he made plays outside of the pocket and was a threat to run and led us to a TD and didn't take any sacks.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1st_and_10    251

Scores and this week's matchups... North Mont scored 2 4th quarter TDs on Webo JV (a pick 6 and a fumble that led to a TD)... I think Webo was up 42-3 at half... It wasn't close and as big as North Mont is I was a bit shocked that it wasn't closer... Wright threw for 324 & 4 TDs, Solomon went for 92 on 5 carries...

Friday, Sep. 15
Danville 27, Tri-West 14
Lebanon 46, Frankfort 0
Southmont 41, Crawfordsville 14
Western Boone 56, North Montgomery 17
Friday, Sep. 22
Frankfort at Western Boone, 7 pm
Lebanon at Tri-West, 7 pm
North Montgomery at Crawfordsville, 7 pm
Southmont at Danville, 7 pm

BigTimeDB    13
7 hours ago, 1st_and_10 said:

Scores and this week's matchups... North Mont scored 2 4th quarter TDs on Webo JV (a pick 6 and a fumble that led to a TD)... I think Webo was up 42-3 at half... It wasn't close and as big as North Mont is I was a bit shocked that it wasn't closer... Wright threw for 324 & 4 TDs, Solomon went for 92 on 5 carries...

Friday, Sep. 15
Danville 27, Tri-West 14
Lebanon 46, Frankfort 0
Friday, Sep. 22

Webo by 40 over Frankfort.  Even though it's homecoming, might be a good time to rest some banged up guys. 

Tri-West by 8 over Lebanon.  Time for the Bruins to rebound from two straight losses.

North by 7 over Crawfordsville.  

Danville by 30 over Southmont.  At 3-0 in conference, Southmont gets into the challenging half of their season which looks very different from the first half.    

12 hours ago, 1st_and_10 said:

Friday, Sep. 15
Danville 27, Tri-West 14
Lebanon 46, Frankfort 0
Friday, Sep. 22

WEBO by 56

TW by 1

Cville by 7

Danville by 21

• Downvote 1

FbFan1    0
On 9/18/2017 at 6:31 AM, 1st_and_10 said:

Friday, Sep. 15
Danville 27, Tri-West 14
Lebanon 46, Frankfort 0
Friday, Sep. 22

Webo by 42 and a very possible shutout

TW by 3. Could see this one being a high scoring shootout

North Montgomery by 6. This one could be very interesting

Danville by 35. It was a close game last year, doubt it will be the same results this year

Has anyone from TW heard about the QB situation for this Friday's game? Just curious because of seeing 2 QBs used last Friday