• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/22/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller  Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning  Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Fairfield:  Bob Miller  East Central:  Justin Roden  Munster:  Leroy Marsh 

5 hours ago, npatman said:

@Coach_Snyder

Put in your headphones, turn up the volume, click the link, close your eyes and enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fOYqtxIt0s

That's some funny stuff right there I had no clue what to expect got a good chuckle! 

@npatman 

a little taste for tonight.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eKmE8xl072A

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Coach_Snyder said:

That's some funny stuff right there I had no clue what to expect got a good chuckle! 

@npatman 

a little taste for tonight.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eKmE8xl072A

Haha, glad you liked it ;p

I have to assume that's also the Corydon Central school song...our band should be the next that you hear play it.

• Like 1

Good luck to everyone (except Corydon) tonight!!

Here's to safe travels for all and injury free football!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Be heading to Pekin in about 30 min. Looking forward to seeing the new look senators. Good luck to everyone and safe travels

As of 21 minutes ago when the "Polls" closed I was not made aware of any PickEm changes so we should have everyone in. Good luck everyone  (especially the Braves ;D )

Edited by Coach_Snyder
  • Upvote 1

End of 1st

Pekin-6

WW-0.

Pekin has about a 70 yd TD run. Outside that neither team has done anything on O. WW really struggling to move the ball have quite a few penalties early

WW wins 8-6. Defense was good. Offense showed sparks but is a concern. Alot of new guys so hopefully they need time to gel. Pekin played well. Defense was tough up the middle and stopped Farris alot. 

WW only had 38 on roster down from what I believe was 46 last year. I know couple kids I thought would get some good PT weren't listed. I'm just fan so I don't know enough. Maybe moved. On to Crawford next week. 

Edited by WWFan

North Harrison 28 Salem 7.  

First, hats off to the cougars.  They do what they do, and they do it very well.  The counter killed us all night.  I don't have an exact number, but they converted several third down situations.  Our defense seemed to play on their heels most of the night. 

Offensively, We moved the ball pretty well. Brandon Corbin (sophomore) started his first varsity game, and played pretty good. We had the ball inside the ten three times and came away with ZERO points...not going throw any shade here, but...

Overall I think we will be able to complete in most games, just got to clean some things up.  Another big test next Friday!!  

Pick 'Em Standings after Week 1

Npatman 10

RamBacker64 10

BtownqbCoach 9

Cameojoe 9

WWFan 9

JQWL 8

Lions55 8

PiratePride 8

WCGrad92 8

JGib8371 7

oldlcoach 7

sean6860 7

SPARKS 7

Coach_Snyder 6

Congrats to our resident experts NPatman and Rambacker64 on perfect weeks. You all mind picking sooner in the week so I can just copy you from now on ;) 

Edited by Coach_Snyder

1 hour ago, Coach_Snyder said:

Pick 'Em Standings after Week 1

Npatman 10

RamBacker64 10

Cameojoe 9

JQWL 8

Lions55 8

PiratePride 8

WCGrad92 8

WWFan 8

JGib8371 7

oldlcoach 7

sean6860 7

SPARKS 7

Coach_Snyder 6

Congrats to our resident experts NPatman and Rambacker64 on perfect weeks. You all mind picking sooner in the week so I can just copy you from now on ;) 

Ah hem.....i got myself at 9. Missing Perry game

5 hours ago, WWFan said:

Ah hem.....i got myself at 9. Missing Perry game

Indeed you are correct I had it right in my spread sheet. Thanks for catching that! Consider it fixed. 

• Upvote 1

My own personal thoughts for MSC week 1

Brownstown Central over Corydon 44-14
At times Brownstown looked really good, at times we looked pretty bad. The talent is there, but we have to clean it up and play at a higher level to be competitive down the road. Corydon has several talented kids 3,5,11,12,24 are all great athletes. If the lines can get a little better they will be competitive in the MSC and could finish as high as fourth in my opinion.

Silver Creek over Charlestown 34-0

Well, I'm definitely not surprised that SC won, I have been predicting that all winter, but I was surprised that Chuck was only able to put together 75 yards total offense and 3 first downs, could be a long year for the Pirates. I have also said all winter that SC is going to be good this year, I will be watching them closely to see how things develop between now and week 8.

North Harrison over Salem 28-7

Basically what I expected although I did expect NH to exhibit more finesse running this season and less pounding it for 4 yards a carry, so I really thought that they might score more than 28. I knew that NH was going to be good and will be watching them closely as well before our week 5 match up. I think that it is going to be a three way battle for the conference title with BC, SC and NH in the mix. We will get a small benchmark this week as SC plays Salem for the first comparison game against a common opponent. Salem seems to be down a bit and will probably finish 5th, 6th or possibly 7th in conference depending on how everything shakes out.

Scottsburg over Clarksville 65-14
I picked Scottsburg to win, but WOW! 65 points?!?!? Congrats to @Coach Mullins and the Warriors on your first official MSC win and also for being tied for the lead of the Conference standings, and I think leading the conference in Points, Rushing Yards, Total Yards, TDs and probably a few other categories, but I'm not 100% sure since I haven't seen everyone's official stats. Clarksville appears to be in about the same shape they have been, not sure how much longer they can keep this up. Scottsburg should feel really good right now, but I think they are going to be in for a bit of a rude awaking this week. It will be interesting to see how it goes. I expect Scottsburg to finish no lower than 7th and possibly as high as 5th in the conference.

West Washington over Eastern 8-6
This one surprised me the most of all of the MSC games this week. I really thought that both teams would score more, but thought WW would score a lot more. Not sure if Eastern is going to be considerably better this year, if WW is down that much, or more likely, a combination of the two as well as it being game 1 and a county rival. I expect Eastern to beat Clarksville, but not sure about them beating anyone else in MSC.

JV 

Brownstown 40

Corydon-0 

Thank you to the athletic trainer at Corydon for helping with an injury we had. Really good officiating crew, as well. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, btownqbcoach said:

JV 

Brownstown 40

Corydon-0 

Thank you to the athletic trainer at Corydon for helping with an injury we had. Really good officiating crew, as well. 

Hope the injury isn't too serious, prayers for a quick recovery. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Coach_Snyder said:

Hope the injury isn't too serious, prayers for a quick recovery. 

He should be fine. Just thought it was nice for the AT to come over so quick and to check on him after the game. 

• Like 1

JV

Scottsburg 0 at Springs Valley 48

North Harrison JV went to Salem last night.

Tight game in the 1st half 14-14.

NH finished the game with a win 38 - 20

4 hours ago, npatman said:

@Coach_Snyder

You gonna post this week's games?

its in the Pick Em Forum just above the High School football forum

3 minutes ago, WCGrad92 said:

its in the Pick Em Forum just above the High School football forum

Thank you, I was hoping we would keep it here, but no biggie.

Does everyone like the pick 'em in the Pick 'Ems forum, or would you rather just do it here?

This thread is dead without it.