• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks 
Sign in to follow this  
Brewster

Roncalli Head Coach Opening

For the first time in nearly three decades, Roncalli High School is in search of a new head football coach.  Coach Bruce Scifres is moving in to a leadership position with the Catholic Youth Organization (CYO).  

• Upvote 1

The Horde all in morning on this day :17:

In all seriousness:  Congrats to Coach Scifres on his incredibly successful years at the helm of Roncalli 

• Upvote 2

One of the greats for sure!

Proud to have played and worked for Coach Scifres!

• Upvote 3

Agreed. The absolute best there is. Proud to know him and call him a friend. Has impacted many lives including my own. 

• Upvote 2

Congrats to Coach Scifres!  Words can't express how much he meant to me as a coach/mentor/role model.  One of the best to ever walk the sideline.

• Upvote 1

Hmm. Perhaps Mr. O'Shea is now rethinking his decision to go to North Central now that the juicy Roncalli job is now available.

• Downvote 2

It will be strange not seeing coach Scifres lead the Rebels next year. He is a tremendous person and teacher. His coaching accolades speak for themselves.  I wonder who will throw their hat in the ring for this job. There is certainly talent in house now. 

• Upvote 1

Congrats to Coach Scifres on a great career!

• Upvote 2

CYO has been good to Coach Scifres!  Congrats on a great career!

• Upvote 1

I don't know Coach Scifres personally, but I know people who have played for him and others that do know him.  I've never heard a bad word spoken about him.  Seems to be a good man who cares about his players.

He's left big shoes to fill.

• Upvote 4

16 minutes ago, BDGiant93 said:

I don't know Coach Scifres personally, but I know people who have played for him and others that do know him.  I've never heard a bad word spoken about him.  Seems to be a good man who cares about his players.

He's left big shoes to fill.

^^^^^  DITTO ^^^^^^^ 

• Upvote 4

Wow....just wow.  I only just saw this.  Lot's of changes in the Archdiocese this year.

Congrats to Coach Scifres. 

• Upvote 1