• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Cathedral: Rick Strieff

Watch for news about where Franklin Central is going.  Something to happen this week.  

Franklin Central is on the southeast side of Indianapolis. Franklin Township schools all feed into Franklin Central

Just now, WCGrad92 said:

Franklin Central is on the southeast side of Indianapolis. Franklin Township schools all feed into Franklin Central

thank you.  is this the school that had the coaching change this year?

coach reese resigning and coach (from tri west) coming in?

No, that was Franklin Community, which is located South of Indianapolis in the actual town of Franklin Indiana. Just south of Whiteland.

• Upvote 2

Franklin Central is located at 6215 South Franklin Road in Indianapolis.

Been told by one of the coaches that they are looking to leave conference Indiana. No confirmation as to where they would go. 

Posted (edited)

Welcome to the HCC Franklin Central!  Competition starts in the 18-19 season.

Edited by Coach Patch

Posted (edited)

Welcome to the HCC Flashes!

A PRESS RELEASE FROM THE HIGH SCHOOLS OF

AVON, BROWNSBURG, FISHERS, FRANKLIN CENTRAL,                                                          HAMILTON SOUTHEASTERN, NOBLESVILLE, WESTFIELD & ZIONSVILLE

**********************FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE***********************

The high schools of Avon, Brownsburg, Fishers, Hamilton SE, Noblesville, Westfield and Zionsville have agreed to add Franklin Central High School to the prestigious Hoosier Crossroads Conference.

Westfield principal and current HCC president, Dr. Stacy McGuire, made the following statement.  “The HCC is excited to add Franklin Central High School.   The administrators, coaches, athletes and community of this school will be great partners and will grow our conference to 8 members.  Our conference looks forward to competing with Franklin Central High School”

Franklin Central was approved Monday, March 13, 2017 at the Board of Control meeting.  From that meeting the decision was made to add Franklin Central as a member beginning with the 2018 school year.

The high schools of Avon, Brownsburg, Fishers, Franklin Central, Hamilton Southeastern, Noblesville, Westfield and Zionsville are very excited with this addition to our conference group and feel it will provide a bright future and high level of competition for our student-athletes, coaches, and fans.

Edited by Coach Patch

Posted (edited)

Yes..... We lost Lafayette Harrison, McCutcheon and Harrison a couple of years ago. We used to have 10.  I hope we never go back to 10 though.

Edited by Coach Patch

Franklin Central has always been the biggest high school in Conference Indiana.  They have under performed annually in football in CI.  If they think they'll do better in the HCC they are kidding themselves.  They will be consistently in the bottom half of HCC.  Not sure why they are moving from CI.  It would be interesting to hear from someone with inside info to explain their move.  

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Butter Bean said:

Not sure why they are moving from CI.

I'm betting the fuel costs for the trip to Terre Haute were the driving factor.

• Upvote 2

51 minutes ago, Butter Bean said:

Franklin Central has always been the biggest high school in Conference Indiana.  They have under performed annually in football in CI.  If they think they'll do better in the HCC they are kidding themselves.  They will be consistently in the bottom half of HCC.  Not sure why they are moving from CI.  It would be interesting to hear from someone with inside info to explain their move.  

There are two reasons why everyone is leaving CI.

52 minutes ago, Butter Bean said:

As much as all of us care about football on here, it's not always from that standpoint. I wish I knew the reason to why they are switching though. I felt as if CI was the correct spot.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Indiana Fan said:

As much as all of us care about football on here, it's not always from that standpoint. I wish I knew the reason to why they are switching though. I felt as if CI was the correct spot.

I don't see that competition is going to be any more favorable in any sport in the HCC.

So will Southport be the next domino to fall?

37 minutes ago, Payne said:

So will Southport be the next domino to fall?

In what conference could Southport land? What would be a good fit?

Midstate just added their eighth member in Perry Meridian.  One of the reasons given by PM leaving Conference Indiana was to get away from Southport.  I can't see the Midstate welcoming Southport since they just turned down Bloomington North and Columbus East.  

• Upvote 2

Posted (edited)

At this point, what's left in Conference Indiana? 

THN/THS, Bloomington N/S, Columbus North, Southport. Hard to think there's any really serious candidates in the footprint to join them unless the Hoosier Hills breaks up and Columbus East and/or BNL become available. 

Edited by crimsonace1

1 hour ago, crimsonace1 said:

At this point, what's left in Conference Indiana? 

THN/THS, Bloomington N/S, Columbus North, Southport. Hard to think there's any really serious candidates in the footprint to join them unless the Hoosier Hills breaks up and Columbus East and/or BNL become available. 

If I was in charge of CI, I'd be groveling to BNL's AD and East's AD. I'd also have Northview's AD on standby, just in case. 

• Upvote 1

I doubt we've seen the last of schools moving from conference to conference.  We've seen comments on this site about some members of the Hoosier Hills Conference not happy.  Madison, Jennings County, and Seymour have been rumored to be 

"looking".   If they left, that leaves openings for Bloomington North, Bloomington South, and Columbus North to move in, making a pretty good conference.