• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/28/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romaine Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner New Haven  Jim Rowland S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak  Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street
Sign in to follow this  
Sycamore78

Best/ Worst Motivational Speech

Surely this will get the chatter going, and end the "what happened to this website" bickering.

What was the best or worst motivational speech that you have heard or given? 

My favorite of all time came from a young assistant coach who knew how to relate to us.  He gave an adapted "Little Billy" speech that the Rock was famous for and used the opposing teams qb as little billy.   I have heard some good ones before, but this always sticks out to me.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sn-HpbaLeM

Skip the first minute or so

• Upvote 2

A friend of mine was the head coach At Hamilton Southeastern back in the early 90's. He had Clark Kellog as a guest speaker. While Clark focused on competing well, there were a couple times he said "it was ok to lose...." And in the words of my friend, "sure as $hit, we lost.I tried talking to the kids afterward because they played like crap, but they kept saying it was ok to lose. I never had him back to talk again". :D 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Sycamore78 said:

Surely this will get the chatter going, and end the "what happened to this website" bickering.

What was the best or worst motivational speech that you have heard or given? 

My favorite of all time came from a young assistant coach who knew how to relate to us.  He gave an adapted "Little Billy" speech that the Rock was famous for and used the opposing teams qb as little billy.   I have heard some good ones before, but this always sticks out to me.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sn-HpbaLeM

Skip the first minute or so

If i am not mistaken, that rock promo was in Indy, I may have been in attendance.  

Game of Thrones Season 2. Tyrion gives a great speech right before the Battle of Blackwater.

2 hours ago, JQWL said:

Game of Thrones Season 2. Tyrion gives a great speech right before the Battle of Blackwater.

Not to give a spoiler but When Jon Snow is crowded the king in North at the end of the last season was pretty intense set off my Lyanna Mormont 

a little bias but my old man delivered a speech to the 09 bulldogs before the regional with Ritter that still gives goosebumps, I know the Dawgs and Raiders have a ton more respect for each other these days now that they are conference opponents , but a lot of the material was provided by the GID lol attached is only about half of the speech. 

Then the next week before the Semi-State vs Paoli, former Ritter head coach and former Monrovia Principal Duffy Hagist gave a pretty inspirational and emotional pre game speech as well. All great memories 

• Upvote 1