• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks 
Sign in to follow this  
bobref

New Hudl app

Question

So, fellow officials, Hudl has a new app that will result in teams having realtime access to game film on the sidelines. How will you react the first time a coach walks up to you, during the game, and says "look at this and tell me how you guys missed this one?"

9 answers to this question

Its not new:  Its an ad on, much like Sky coach.   

I would like to think that the official wouldn't and shouldn't respond or react, the official should tell the coach to send the film to IFOA every week and we will take a look at it.   

Posted (edited)

Already dealt with it. I told coach if you step on this field with that iPad this situation is going to get worse. We are not looking at it. 

Edited by Impartial_Observer

5 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

Already dealt with it. I told coach if you step on this field with that iPad this situation is going to get worse. We are not looking at it. 

Yes, my inclination is to simply tell him that I can't look at it. If he persists, just step out onto the field. If he brings it across the sideline, call a sideline warning. That usually settles things down, and there's no yardage assessed for the first one.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bobref said:

Yes, my inclination is to simply tell him that I can't look at it. If he persists, just step out onto the field. If he brings it across the sideline, call a sideline warning. That usually settles things down, and there's no yardage assessed for the first one.

i agree, we were already past such pleasantries. He left the field to go get the iPad. 

Edited by Impartial_Observer

2 hours ago, Impartial_Observer said:

i agree, we were already past such pleasantries. He left the field to go get the iPad. 

About a hundred years ago when I was also working baseball, I had a coach threaten to pull out a rule book and show me where I was wrong about something. I told him that would not be a good idea, but he disagreed.  One thing rapidly led to another, and the result was that he had plenty of time to thumb through the rule book ... on the bus.

35 minutes ago, bobref said:

About a hundred years ago when I was also working baseball, I had a coach threaten to pull out a rule book and show me where I was wrong about something. I told him that would not be a good idea, but he disagreed.  One thing rapidly led to another, and the result was that he had plenty of time to thumb through the rule book ... on the bus.

We've all been there, I had the same thing happen to me in Softball. Unfortunately for some of the yahoos working Softball in southern Indiana, I was the coach who knew the rules. 

• Upvote 1

On ‎4‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 8:24 AM, bobref said:

Was he correct?

4 hours ago, panamabob said:

Was he correct?

Not even close.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, bobref said:

Not even close.

That's the best kind!