• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks 
Sign in to follow this  
tommy

Who got drafted or signed to play in the NFL that played high school football in Indiana?

I see Gehrig Dieter from South Bend Washington signed as an undrafted free agent with the Kansas City Chiefs.

Who are the others?

• Upvote 1

Seems like Deyshawn Bond from Warren Central signed as an Unsigned Free Agent with the Colts.

• Upvote 1

Antonio Pipkin, former QB at Bowman Academy signed with Arizona Cardinals

• Upvote 1

Looks like a very weak draft class.  Does not look like anybody got selected in the draft and only a handful of free agent signings that most likely not even make it to training camp.

Don't mean to sound like DT but this is a very sad statement for high school football in Indiana.

4 hours ago, tommy said:

.... this is a very sad statement for high school football in Indiana.

That's a pretty harsh metric.  

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, tango said:

especially considering there are only something like .6% of high school players that make it to the NFL.....and yes, there is a decimal point in front of that 6.

• Upvote 7

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, tango said:

Dieter might make the KC 40 man roster.  Depends how bad the Chiefs need a WR or a return man.  He was an excellent special teams player for Alabama as graduate student.

Edited by tommy

Zach Terrell signed with Ravens

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, tommy said:

Dieter might make the KC 40 man roster.  Depends how bad the Chiefs need a WR or a return man.  He was an excellent special teams player for Alabama as graduate student.

NFL teams keep 53

31 minutes ago, Coach_G said:

NFL teams keep 53

I don't think 53 actually dress for the game though.

Just looked it up.. you can dress 46 players for each game. 

I would add that there were 6 players drafted last year that are from Indiana.....tied with Alabama and Arizona.

• Upvote 3

The Price kid from Eastern (Greentown) and Michigan State is getting a chance with the Vikings.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, btownqbcoach said:

I don't think 53 actually dress for the game though.

Just looked it up.. you can dress 46 players for each game. 

Right, but the 46 are fluid week to week; Making final 53 at least means you'll be with the team for at least majority of the season (although it still changes to a degree).

1 hour ago, RandomHero said:

Right, but the 46 are fluid week to week; Making final 53 at least means you'll be with the team for at least majority of the season (although it still changes to a degree).

Correct 

8 hours ago, Irishman said:

I would add that there were 6 players drafted last year that are from Indiana.....tied with Alabama and Arizona.

I would be safe to say that goes in cycles. Some good years and some bad years, like any other state, other than; FL, TX, CA,, GA, etc

17 hours ago, tommy said:

Looks like a very weak draft class.  Does not look like anybody got selected in the draft and only a handful of free agent signings that most likely not even make it to training camp.

Don't mean to sound like DT but this is a very sad statement for high school football in Indiana.

Won't stop me from rooting like hell for these homegrown kids, no matter how many there are.

• Upvote 2

Anthony Warrum- Heritage Christian to the Cowboys mini-camp.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, cowboy08 said:

The Price kid from Eastern (Greentown) and Michigan State is getting a chance with the Vikings.

I figured he would get drafted. He was a very good TE for Sparty.

12 hours ago, Irishman said:

Alabama/Indiana high schools or Alabama/Indiana colleges? 

12 minutes ago, foxbat said:

Alabama/Indiana high schools or Alabama/Indiana colleges? 

When I searched, I typed in players drafted by State, or something along those lines. I did see a number of links suggested that were IU football ones. So I had that thought in mind as I searched. I will try to find the link I referred to.

This is the link, and it does say high school players from the State. Texas had 32 drafted last year....impressive.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000660868/article/texas-leads-all-states-in-producing-2016-nfl-draft-picks

Where's Gunner?