• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Cathedral: Rick Strieff

Dean Huppert is named the new AD for the Cavemen.  I am so happy for Dean, and very jealous of Mishawaka.  

• Upvote 2

Did  a bit of looking (his name didnt sound familiar).  

Is Mr. Huppert a former teacher at Bremen and moving onto Mish?  Or was he a media person and moving onto Mish?  Or both?  

Best wishes to all.

Dean Huppert was the sports director at the South Bend Fox affiliate for many years.  He is a Bremen grad but had been covering Michiana sports for probably 25 years prior to the Fox affiliate being sold off.  

Over/Under on how long it takes him to get a turf field at Mishawaka?

• Upvote 3

Just now, Fine Print said:

Dean Huppert was the sports director at the South Bend Fox affiliate for many years.  He is a Bremen grad but had been covering Michiana sports for probably 25 years prior to the Fox affiliate being sold off.  

They're in the process of installing new turf but it's not field turf. I think it would be nice if they had a usable track, it's only been like 5 years since they've been able to use it. 

Dean has a lot of energy and passion.  He will do a great job for them.  I watched his introduction of facebook, he has been a Mishawaka resident for 27 years, he loves that community and will work hard to see them flourish.

• Upvote 1

Dean was one of last broadcaster in Michiana who truly loved high school sports.  It's great that he will still  be able to be involved.  Congrats.

• Upvote 2

Is he the corporation AD or high school AD?  I was just told he is the corpoation AD.

Can anyone confirm?

He is the high school ad but is in charge of the youth programs too.

On 5/3/2017 at 1:21 PM, Fine Print said:

i just heard the other day that mishawaka is getting a new turf field

11 hours ago, wchs tiger fan said:

i just heard the other day that mishawaka is getting a new turf field

Yes they're replacing the current turf but it's not field turf....if that makes sense

I think Bart loved the mud bowl.  He did a great job of selling it to his team that it was one of their advantages and that other team would come their to play and their focus was on the mud and not on the game.  .  

• Upvote 1

From the media to the athletic department... Still traveling, just on a smaller scale.  Dean has energy to do a great job.

Who will be his first coaching hire?

As always,  the game is better 

from_the_sidelines007

Football is meant to be played on "real" grass, with some mud as well.