• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks 
Sign in to follow this  
CGFan2017

2017 New/Updated Stadiums

Did any teams update their stadiums, or get completely new bleachers this year? I know of Perry Meridian, but that is it. Any pics would be appreciated too!

We will have completely new bleachers this season. Replacing a 52 year old stadium. 

• Upvote 2

On Friday, May 12, 2017 at 11:44 PM, FW HS Football said:

IMG_4200.thumb.PNG.8eaf1164d52f6dadc0262e0580220416.PNG

Carroll in Fort Wayne.

door no. 3 looks to be the favorite...I'll have to remember that if i'm ever up that way !

• Upvote 4

Lawrence North and Lawrence Central both tore down their home stands and are building new stands. They also added locker room/office buildings in the end zone and new entrance/concession stands. They are in process but should be done by the start of the season.

Western Boone is slated to receive a new press box and away bleachers this summer.  

Has there been updates on the facilities and press box at Northridge for this upcoming season?

Lebanon is getting a New Press Box and adding bleachers to the home and visitor stands. 

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, BisonUmpire said:

Lawrence North and Lawrence Central both tore down their home stands and are building new stands. They also added locker room/office buildings in the end zone and new entrance/concession stands. They are in process but should be done by the start of the season.

Any photos or plans of these anywhere? Looked around but couldn't find anything. 

Glad to hear they're doing that. Both needed updates. 

Edited by CGFan2017

S.gif

Providence just opened the new entrance to the football stadium.
The new facility will also have a new concession stand, restrooms, ticket booth and press box for baseball. 

From the schools May 10 eVision Newsletter:

New Pioneer Athletic Center opens
S.gif
4549d8f5-76fc-4ad7-a9c5-dc9dec339475.jpg
Last week, the Pioneer Athletic Center officially opened with a ceremony and blessing by Fr. Adam Ahern. Students, faculty and staff, alumni, donors and parents were in attendance. The new entrance to the baseball and football/soccer fields and track includes restrooms, concession stand, ticket booth, and press box - all air conditioned (and heated in the winter).

Jack Koetter '72, who has overseen the implementation of the school's Master Plan, is glad to see the plan finally taking shape. 

"We're in the home stretch, but we still have some work to do," Koetter said.

The project began in 2014 when the soccer field was moved to the football field, which received a turf playing surface. Next, the baseball field was moved a few feet in 2015-2016. With those adjustments complete, a new entrance for both fields with updated accommodations for fans and eventually student-athletes is now in place.

"I'm glad to see this part finished," Koetter said. "I could see it in my mind when we started planning it that this would be a grand entrance to these new fields. But those other things had to happen first - the soccer field moved to the football field and the baseball field moved so this building could be built. Now it's here, and now you come in and there's that 'wow' factor."

Koetter is eager for the remainder of the project to be finished, which includes refurbishing the home side bleachers in Murphy Stadium and completing the other side of the PAC, which will feature locker rooms and a training facility once additional funds are received from donors.

"We still have the other side of the building to complete and the home football/soccer bleachers to be refurbished, but we're almost there," Koetter said. "To see this opened and people enjoying it, I'm really pleased with it."

There was already a long thread posted about the upgrades to Penn's facilities found here : 

13 hours ago, CGFan2017 said:

Any photos or plans of these anywhere? Looked around but couldn't find anything. 

Glad to hear they're doing that. Both needed updates. 

I cant find any photos yet. I know at LN the stadium portion just has the elevator tower built and footings for the stands. I believe the end zone building is nearly done.

2 hours ago, BisonUmpire said:

I cant find any photos yet. I know at LN the stadium portion just has the elevator tower built and footings for the stands. I believe the end zone building is nearly done.

Interesting. The elevator was the last thing put in at CG for the new bleachers.

Posted (edited)

Seeger - New Bleachers, renovated locker rooms, renovated coaches offices, new concession stand, and new LED lights with new poles.

Edited by 2coach

On 5/14/2017 at 4:10 PM, BisonUmpire said:

Definitely was needed.  

Ben Davis tore out its old visitors side media box (was the old press box dating back some 30-35 years).  Currently nothing is there, but I believe they are planning to replace it with a similar structure.