• Announcements

    • Coach Nowlin

      HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

      CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks 

Recommended Posts

Reitz and Central look unbeatable in the conference.  

Bosse has a chance of winning 2 SIAC games.  

Harrison and North could be battle of teams chasing 1 SIAC win.  

MD always finds a way to finish in top half. 

Memorial and Castle will be in the mix. 

QB play will be interesting with the loss of Keller, Mahan, Wilderman, and Felton. 

Looking forward to Friday Night Lights 2017.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks to be another strong year for the conference coming up. Central looks like the team to beat to me at the start, offense should be even more explosive than last year, returning many key players on both sides of the ball. Could be the year. I would have Reitz and Memorial next, both having strong groups coming back. Reitz defense should be good, running game should be a strength, new QB play will be the key. Memorial was very young and returning QB should  have a great year. Castle and MD would be next, both having lost important pieces from last year, but they both always just reload, not rebuild. Really have no idea on what will happen with Harrison and a new coach, North is always a mystery, and Bosse has no where to go but up. Should be a fun year.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any names for possible QB at Reitz?  Will it be QB from JV team?  It won't take many points to win with that defense.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did I read schedules right and that Mater Dei, Reitz, Memorial, and Central play the 4 Kentucky Schools (Owensboro, Catholic, Daviess Co, and Apollo) in week 2?

As long as the heat holds off, I liked the back to back games when they held the series a few years ago. I hope it continues like that and they rotate the opponent each year. 

Now if we could get Gibson Southern and Southridge to join Reitz/Henderson and Jasper/Memorial week 1, it could be another rotated opponent. That would be a great non-conference.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, oldtimeqb said:

Did I read schedules right and that Mater Dei, Reitz, Memorial, and Central play the 4 Kentucky Schools (Owensboro, Catholic, Daviess Co, and Apollo) in week 2?

As long as the heat holds off, I liked the back to back games when they held the series a few years ago. I hope it continues like that and they rotate the opponent each year. 

Now if we could get Gibson Southern and Southridge to join Reitz/Henderson and Jasper/Memorial week 1, it could be another rotated opponent. That would be a great non-conference.

Oh how I wish the PAC would move to a week 1 and 2 non-conference schedule!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Monday, June 05, 2017 at 9:34 PM, AllThingsThruChrist said:

Any names for possible QB at Reitz?  Will it be QB from JV team?  It won't take many points to win with that defense.  

Assume it will be JV QB, really have no idea at this point. I only got to see one reserve game last year, but liked what I saw from him.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An insurance agent I know in Evansville told me that Harrison's backup qb of last year is transferring to Reitz this year where his dad was hired as an assistant coach (assuming Harrison/IHSAA grants release)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Binford said:

An insurance agent I know in Evansville told me that Harrison's backup qb of last year is transferring to Reitz this year where his dad was hired as an assistant coach (assuming Harrison/IHSAA grants release)

He will go from guaranteed starter to possible backup, if granted release. But who could blame him. Harrison is going to have a long couple of years, if not several years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Binford said:

An insurance agent I know in Evansville told me that Harrison's backup qb of last year is transferring to Reitz this year where his dad was hired as an assistant coach (assuming Harrison/IHSAA grants release)

Was this insurance agent the coach?  Can we share the name?  If it's the same guy, the kid is a good hard working kid but he was put at QB due to lack of other options+intelligence and work ethic.  QB is not his natural position.  Probably an LB

Edited by VIP

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Reitz not in need of any defensive help. Kid has no chance of playing LB at Reitz. 

Edited by AllThingsThruChrist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My son attended SOS camp this spring with the QB at Central.  He looks really good.  Excellent arm strength.  My pick is Central this year in the SIAC.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AllThingsThruChrist said:

Reitz not in need of any defensive help. Kid has no chance of playing LB at Reitz.

We will gladly take any and all help we can get on both sides of the ball !

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, gowesdel said:

My son attended SOS camp this spring with the QB at Central.  He looks really good.  Excellent arm strength.  My pick is Central this year in the SIAC.

My son has been at several events with him this summer as well.  I agree with your assessment.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Central vs Reitz will be game of the year.  Best D vs explosive offense.  I like Reitz but that could change as we start getting through the season. Crazy to think they held Centrals RB to 20 yards in sectionals.  I think Reitz D will be better this year.  I like QB at Central.  Haven't seen much of him, but he appears to be a good pocket passer. Not sure he is comfortable on the move but with that O-line he may not have to move.  

Reitz will rely heavy on running game and defense. Defense has potential to be best SIAC has seen in a long time   Big , physical, and fast!   Most important.....they stick together when times get tough.  DBs are scary good.   

Central will be a heavy run team , maybe only throw or have to throw 10-12 times per game.  Huge upfront on both sides of the ball.  Very athletic!  Handling adversity in sectionals vs Reitz will be the unanswered question. They came apart at the seams last year and started finger pointing and arguing with each other. By far most talented team around.   

Memorial will rely heavy on offense to score in bunches with all but 1 skill guy returning on offense.  QB is back for 2 more years and 2 of the top WRs in the SIAC are back along with 2nd leading rusher In SIAC.  Memorial has big O-line and a solid D-line. Couple transfers from Henderson are working out nicely on D.

 

Not enough info on rest to comment  

 

Edited by AllThingsThruChrist

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2017 at 3:10 PM, Binford said:

An insurance agent I know in Evansville told me that Harrison's backup qb of last year is transferring to Reitz this year where his dad was hired as an assistant coach (assuming Harrison/IHSAA grants release)

AD Speer has a long history of denying any transfers to local catholic schools.  Curious to see if pattern persists when transfer is with another public school.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/8/2017 at 4:00 PM, AllThingsThruChrist said:

Memorial will rely heavy on offense to score in bunches with all but 1 skill guy returning on offense.  QB is back for 2 more years and 2 of the top WRs in the SIAC are back along with 2nd leading rusher In SIAC.  Memorial has big O-line and a solid D-line. Couple transfers from Henderson are working out nicely on D.  

 

Transfers from Henderson?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

1 hour ago, Tigers15 said:

Transfers from Henderson?

Heard a rumor from my friend who coaches in public school that MHS has been getting kids from Henderson. Thought I would just add fuel to the fire for his reading pleasure.  I tried to tell him kid from Henderson County was at MHS all last season. 

Edited by AllThingsThruChrist
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only thing I know about MD is that if they have a line, the RB Rheinlander is quick and will gouge yards if not touched at LoS. Losing Wilderman will hurt as he was a 3 year Starter.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Central looks pretty tough this year. Many returning starters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2017 at 3:46 PM, MDAlum82 said:

AD Speer has a long history of denying any transfers to local catholic schools.  Curious to see if pattern persists when transfer is with another public school.

Speer's has a history of denying transfers to ANY SIAC school.  Funny how quickly he welcomed Hedgepath & Harvey from North, Stewart from Bosse, Shoulders from Memorial, along with McBride & Welder from Castle.  Those were some key players for their 2015 Sectional Championship team.   

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, AllThingsThruChrist said:

100% agree.  Paul Neidig protects Speer and Owen.  It's a complete joke!  

 

Does Owen deny transfers?  Not sure I've heard of any trying & blocked like Harrison.  I know Owen accepts them, like the little RB Dorian Williams from Bosse & heard a Safety from Castle transferred there this year.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Andy Owen named Director of Athletics for the EVSC replacing Paul Neidig. Why does the EVSC need to hire a DOA when each school already has an activities director?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AllThingsThruChrist said:

Andy Owen named Director of Athletics for the EVSC replacing Paul Neidig. Why does the EVSC need to hire a DOA when each school already has an activities director?

Seems like that could create some potential conflicts of interest while still coaching.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't notice this on the thread...I may have missed it.  Looks like Central and Castle play at Lucas this year:

 

 
CLASS SECTIONAL ORDER YOUR INDIANA FOOTBALL DIGEST RECENT SEASONS
4A 24 E-MAIL CORRECTIONS MAP TO SCHOOL 0-0
TOURNAMENT HISTORY
EVANSVILLE CENTRAL
BEARS
Coach: Andy Owen, 67-43 in 11th year at school
DATE OPPONENT CENTRAL TIME OA 0.0, DA 0.0
Aug. 18 at Paoli {2A} 6:30 pm   
Aug. 25 at Owensboro Apollo (Ky.) 5:30 pm   
Sep. 1 Evansville Bosse {4A} 7:00 pm   
Sep. 8 Evansville Reitz {4A} 7:00 pm   
Sep. 16 (n)Castle {5A} 7:30 pm   Lucas Oil
Sep. 22 at Evansville Harrison {4A} 7:00 pm   
Sep. 29 at Evansville Memorial {3A} 7:00 pm   
Oct. 6 Evansville Mater Dei {2A} 7:00 pm   
Oct. 13 at Evansville North {5A} 7:00 pm   
SOUTHERN INDIANA CONFERENCE GAME

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.