• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/28/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romaine Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner New Haven  Jim Rowland S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak  Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street
Coach_G

Warren Central adds Week 9 game

Warren has finalized it's schedule picking up River Rouge a school just outside of the city of Detroit.  Rouge is a small district tucked between several bigger districts, that has historically struggled.  In the last couple years however under their current coach they've been able to attract many players from the Detroit city limits to transfer or move into their district.  HS enrollment was 379 kids in 2008 (equal to a 1A school, and they were 2-7).  Currently their enrollment has jumped to over 800 students, and the football team is producing a couple D1 caliber guys each year.  They were state runner ups the last 2 years in a 3A equivilant class.  This year they would be a 4A school, and have high expectations.   Interesting pickup for Warren, but this late in the year you have to take what you can find.  They are an exciting team to watch, but depth will be a major concern against Warren.  

http://www.hudl.com/team/v2/29892/boys-varsity-football/videos

Interesting pick up for the Warriors. Will prob be the smallest school in terms of enrollment Warren has played since playing the all boys school of Cincinnati elder. Cant get on the link right now but am looking forward to seeing some film on them.

Edited by warren05

Good for them. At this late stage, you have to take what you can get.

Given the Sectional challenge and road to the State Championship, I would have thought they might have wanted to keep the week open.  Good for Warren picking up someone.

4 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

Given the Sectional challenge and road to the State Championship, I would have thought they might have wanted to keep the week open.  Good for Warren picking up someone.

Have any major Indiana programs done this recently? Just curious..

7 hours ago, CGFan2017 said:

Have any major Indiana programs done this recently? Just curious..

I can't remember a Team doing it of thier own choose. I would be affraid that a 2 week lay off would disrupt my teams flow too much. 

Edited by warren05
  • Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, warren05 said:

I can't remember a Team doing it of thier own choose. I would be affraid that a 2 week lay off would disrupt my teams flow too much. 

I agree. I think one week throws a team off schedule enough, let alone 2. Especially with the potential matchup against BD right off the bat. 

Based on that highlight reel I would definitely put in some QB draw/keep runs for them lol

Its nice to see that Warren Central picked up River Rouge. I wasn't so sure the Warriors were going to play in Week 9. I agree on a possible matchup with the Ben Davis Giants right off the bat. That late in the season, the pickings are slim when it comes to finding opponents. You definitely find whatever you can find.

Edited by WC Warrior