• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Cathedral: Rick Strieff

Evansville North will be at Jasper Friday.

Posted (edited)

I meant to say Vincennes plays N Daviess on Friday, not Bosse. 

Edited by Gahoosierfan

Mt. Vernon should be much better this season. Obviously they have a major coaching staff change, as Cory Brunson came over from Harrison and added a handful of coaches to the staff. There is a lot of hope in the Mt. Vernon community and that will only build if they can manage to win some football games. They have a bunch of speed at the skill positions and decent size on the lines. Bryce Wilson takes over at QB. Throws a decent ball but will cause some problems running the ball with his speed and athleticism. They will have Austin Peerman at RB (brother of former Central QB Dalton Peerman), who is a track star that decided to play football his senior year. Other key returners at the skill positions are WR/LB Sam Thomas and WR/FS Anthony Robles. Those four will be a blast to watch in open space. They may not go winning a sectional yet, but this team should win some games. We will see where they are at this Friday when they host Heritage Hills, who they haven't beaten in about 18 years if my memory is correct. Keep an eye on the Wildcats this fall.

15 hours ago, PigskinCoach said:

. We will see where they are at this Friday when they host Heritage Hills, who they haven't beaten in about 18 years if my memory is correct. Keep an eye on the Wildcats this fall.

Last win was 1999 sectional championship but they have only played 5 times sonce the 99 win once in sectional, once in regional and the past 3 seasons in the regular season.

On 8/11/2017 at 3:22 PM, Gahoosierfan said:

I meant to say Vincennes plays N Daviess on Friday, not Bosse. 

I couldn't find a write up of the scrimmage. The only thing I am pretty sure of is that Vincennes scored 13 touchdowns to one for ND. I know ND hasn't been very good for awhile so you can't tell much from this. 

Week One Scores :

Boonville        23           Washington     0

Vincennes      41           Owen Valley 14

Ev Memorial   18          Jasper              7 

Heritage Hills 42           Mr Vernon     26

Ev North          26           Princeton       19

59 minutes ago, Gahoosierfan said:

Mt Carmel plays Harrisburg, but no score reported yet. 

They don't play until next week.

• Like 1

It is strange that Illinois schools haven't started their seasons yet. Georgia schools have already played two games. 

36 minutes ago, Gahoosierfan said:

Lets see some Big 8 JV scores.

Mt Vernon 16  Heritage Hills 48 last night

2 hours ago, Gahoosierfan said:

Boonville JV 24 Washington JV 0

• Like 1

Week two in the Big 8 :

Boonville      1-0         at         Vincennes  1-0               Boonville will try for a rare win at Vincennes. 

Southridge   1-0         at         Jasper         0-1              Jasper tries to bounce back after a tough loss to Memorial and Southridge is coming off a big win over Linton.

Princeton      0-1        at         Pike Cenral  0-1              Princeton had a tough loss to Ev North and P Central lost to Bosse. 

North Posey 1-0        at         Mt Vernon   0-1              NP rolled over S Spencer last week and MV lost to a strong Heritage Hills team. 

Mt Carmel     0-0       at          Harrisburg  0-0              Illinois teams get their season underway. 

On 8/24/2017 at 7:40 AM, Gahoosierfan said:

Week two in the Big 8 :

Boonville      1-0         at         Vincennes  1-0               Boonville will try for a rare win at Vincennes. 

Southridge   1-0         at         Jasper         0-1              Jasper tries to bounce back after a tough loss to Memorial and Southridge is coming off a big win over Linton.

Princeton      0-1        at         Pike Cenral  0-1              Princeton had a tough loss to Ev North and P Central lost to Bosse. 

North Posey 1-0        at         Mt Vernon   0-1              NP rolled over S Spencer last week and MV lost to a strong Heritage Hills team. 

Mt Carmel     0-0       at          Harrisburg  0-0              Illinois teams get their season underway. 

I am going to make my picks for this evening. 

I think Vincennes will handle Boonville. Boonville is improving , but not there yet. 

I have to go with Jasper over Southridge. It will be pretty close, but Jasper should get the win. 

I like Princeton over Pike Central. The Tigers seem to be the stronger team. 

I expect North Posey to take Mt Vernon. They looked great last weekend. 

I have not idea about Mt Carmel. I'll pick them since they are a Big 8 team. 

Not surprised Vincennes won but didn't expect them to destroy Boonville. Its early but sectional 32 looks to have 4 solid teams with Memorial, Gibson Southern, Vincennes and Heritage Hills.

• Like 1

I am suprised by the Vincennes score and by Washington pounding Bosse. Vincennes had two different QBs throwing for tds. Vincennes plays Lexington Christian at home this week. I have no idea how good they are. They are a 2A or 3A size school out of Kentucky. 

28 minutes ago, Gahoosierfan said:

I am suprised by the Vincennes score and by Washington pounding Bosse. Vincennes had two different QBs throwing for tds. Vincennes plays Lexington Christian at home this week. I have no idea how good they are. They are a 2A or 3A size school out of Kentucky. 

The Big 8 is all over the place. Washington had some nice passing and defensive plays against Bosse. Looked like a different team. I haven't looked at the stats with the Vincennes vs Boonville game, but how lopsided was it? I also saw that Harrisburg Beat Mt Carmel.

Bosse beats Pike 19-0    then loses 37-7 to Washington.

Pike follows the  the Bosse loss with big win over Princeton.

Boonville shutouts Washington 23-0 then gets crushed by Vincennes 52-7.

Week 3 Schedule :

Lexington Christian KY   2-0             @                Vincennes 2-0      Vincennes had a big win over Boonville. L Christian won big over Pikeville. They were 12-1 last year and return 19 starters. 

Jasper                                1-1            @                 Boonville    1-1     Jasper got a close win over Southridge and Boonville will try to get back on track . 

Mt Vernon                          0-2           @                 Mt Carmel  0-1      Both lost last week but MC looks to be the stronger team. 

Princeton                           0-2             @               Washington 1-1      Washington was impressive in their win over Bosse. Princeton lost a close one to Pike Central. 

On 8/26/2017 at 8:00 AM, dave mosbey said:

Not surprised Vincennes won but didn't expect them to destroy Boonville. Its early but sectional 32 looks to have 4 solid teams with Memorial, Gibson Southern, Vincennes and Heritage Hills.

Hopefully whoever comes out of it will still be tired the next week ;)

On 8/22/2017 at 7:41 AM, Gahoosierfan said:

Vincennes JV over Boonville last night at BHS 20-16. 

Boonville lost their starting QB at the end of the Washington game and he did not play against Vincennes.  Could explain the spread but still sounds like Vincennes has a few weapons.

• Upvote 1

On 8/29/2017 at 3:10 PM, whs2017 said:

Boonville lost their starting QB at the end of the Washington game and he did not play against Vincennes.  Could explain the spread but still sounds like Vincennes has a few weapons.

Looks like rain for tonights game. 

12 minutes ago, Gahoosierfan said:

Looks like rain for tonights game. 

Isn't the game in Vincennes? Vincennes is supposed to be dry tonight until late. 

EDIT: My bad, it is in Lexington and yes it will be wet. 

Edited by TitanPride