• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Cathedral: Rick Strieff
Sign in to follow this  
Luers Lurker

James Hardy III found dead in the Maumee River

I did not know where to post this.  Moderators, please feel free to move this thread to a different forum.  I remember watching this young man play both football and basketball.  He had a short Pro Football Career.  Very Sad

http://wane.com/2017/06/08/body-found-in-river-identified-as-ex-nfl-former-elmhurst-player-james-hardy/

Kid had great talent, probably best athlete that came out of Elmhurst?? Prayers from his family and friends. 

16 hours ago, psaboy said:

Kid had great talent, probably best athlete that came out of Elmhurst?? Prayers from his family and friends. 

I expected to see something like this happen to Lymon from Harding H.S./Purdue.   It is sad and just read that Hardy still owns 3-4 receiving records at IU.

• Downvote 5

Very sad news. That's 2 greats from NE Indiana now gone from those building up to and bowl years. How Hardy helped break that losing streak at Elmhurst was incredible. He and Woodlan grad, late Coach Hoeppner are missed.

Still no cause of death released?  I have been watching this. I am a bloomingtonian    James Hardy was a big name here for a bit.      

• Upvote 1

"If I don't get out of town, I'll be dead tomorrow", sounds kind of ominous. It does pique one's interest.

• Upvote 1

Death was ruled a suicide. Too bad, suicide is probably the biggest "grey" areas for reasons and cause why a person takes such a drastic action to escape or hide pain/problem, etc. It  is called the "silent epidemic" for a reason. Most times behavior help is needed at some stage, but it is hard to recognize when person is in need, it is costly and there are few places that can help people that suffer or are in need of. 

• Upvote 2