• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/22/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier Brian Nay Hired Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Derek Thompson Hired Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle Steven Mueller Hired  Bill Marshall Promoted  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo Joey Paridaen Hired from Eastern Greene Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May  Adam Morris Hired  Peru:  Bob Prescott Romison Saint-Louis Hired North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Trent Fine Hired Evansville Central:  Andy Owens Troy Burgess Hired River Forest: Austen Robison  Joe O'Connell Hired Shelbyville:  Pat Parks Mike Clevenger Hired from Clinton Prairie Rushville:  Scott McMurray Dan Rector Hired  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer John Edge Hired  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf  Jason Garrett Promoted  Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Austin Colby Hired  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder Pete Koulianos Hired from Hanover Central  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer Greg Mose Hired   Warsaw:  Phil Jenson  Bart Curtis Hired From Mishawaka Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles John Rodenberg Hired  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Shane Arnold Promoted Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Wes Gillman Hired Hobart:  Ryan Turley  Craig Osika Promoted Anderson Prep Academy Randy Albano  Clarksville:  Joby Turner Justin Boser Hired  New Haven  Jim Rowland  Jimmy Linn Promoted  S.B. Clay:  Will Porter Garrett Fields Hired Mt. Vernon (Fortville) Neil Kazmierczak Mike Kirschner Hired Central Noble  Greg Moe  Trevor Tipton Promoted  Clinton Prairie:  Mike Clevenger  Raymond Jones Hired From Fountain Central Ben Davis:  Mike Kirschner Jason Simmons Hired from Noblesville  Parke Heritage :  ????    Brian Moore Hired Mishawaka Marian:  Reggie Glon  Michael Davidson Promoted Hamilton Heights:  Mitch Street  Jon Kirschner Promoted  Knightstown:  Kevin Miller  Richmond: Ibrahim Tawfeek Tony Lewis Hired Eastern Greene: Joey Paridaen Travis Wray Promoted  Mishawaka: Bart Curtis Kokomo:  Brett Colby Richard Benberry Jr. Promoted  Hanover Central:  Pete Koulianos  Oldenburg Academy:  Kevin Ferneding Eric Feller Hired Fountain Central: Raymond Jones Elwood:  Joe Kwisz Noblesville:  Jason Simmons Justin Roden Hired from East Central  Jeffersonville:  Alfonzo Browning  Wabash:  Floyd McWhirt  Fairfield:  Bob Miller  East Central:  Justin Roden  Munster:  Leroy Marsh 
Sign in to follow this  
Andy G

2017 Boilermaker Football

L'ville looked very sloppy, 16 penalties, many of them pre snap.   PU forced 3 great fumbles by jarring hits and well places helmets and arms.    We had some opportunities offensively into the 2nd half, but Blough pick 6 was quite a killer.  That has always been his bugaboo .    COSTLY TURNOVERS.      Sindelar has a cannon of an arm, but lacks experience, but I think moving forward Brohm will go with the hot hand.   DC HOLT was awesome, really did a great job scheming and love love love his energy on the sidelines.   

L'ville looked very sloppy, 16 penalties, many of them pre snap.   PU forced 3 great fumbles by jarring hits and well places helmets and arms.    We had some opportunities offensively into the 2nd half, but Blough pick 6 was quite a killer.  That has always been his bugaboo .    COSTLY TURNOVERS.      Sindelar has a cannon of an arm, but lacks experience, but I think moving forward Brohm will go with the hot hand.   DC HOLT was awesome, really did a great job scheming and love love love his energy on the sidelines.   

But WOW! Like night and day, from last year to this year. The football Boiler nation will be flooding back to Ross ade stadium in full force. As I said, the way the new coach is attacking this job, wont take long for success to happen. I saw nothing but positives from the game, going forward.

But WOW! Like night and day, from last year to this year. The football Boiler nation will be flooding back to Ross ade stadium in full force. As I said, the way the new coach is attacking this job, wont take long for success to happen. I saw nothing but positives from the game, going forward.

• Like 1

Just saw a stat (sorry if already posted) that Purdue has the 2nd worst win % in the last 33 games (what, about 2.5 years or so) of any power 5 conference. They are only behind Kansas. 

Last 33 games

Kansas 4-29 .121

Purdue 6-27 .182

Iowa St. 8-25 .242

Oregon St. 8-25 .242

Again, you cant say enough about the effort this team has displayed. You have to go back and think about the last two seasons. A lot of the same players, if not most of them, and a new set of coaches. I'm not to sure about the teams depth though. The season is long and the grind of the BIG season may take a toll on this new look team.  Time will tell.

The grad and JUCO transfers have really patched some holes. The CB Okonye has great ball instincts, he and last chance U transfer Jallow are big hitters, the two OL have really helped replace a couple of now NFL players, LB McCollum is an absolute beast, Spencer Evans is a weapon at kicker, and the DE Higgins is getting playing time. The jury is still out on former ND player Corey Holmes, but he can contribute. He needs to work on his focus though while catching.

Next challenge, can PU take that mojo on a true road game at Mizzou.   Typically have some Speed in land of Tigers.   Looking forward to Saturday afternoon contest!!! 

I assume the coaches and players are talking about the same thing. This ain't a 2 game season. No reason, so far, to doubt the coaches here. I think they got the fire lit under this teams butts.

Watched Jackson Anthrop's BTN interview a few days ago, talks bout Coach Brohmn competitive spirit, then read an article back when he was QB coach somewhere and he would be all his QB's in even the who can fit most Chipolte in a bowl!!!   Love this guy!!!  

Um. did I see the score right? 35-6, or so. Ass kickin at Missouri? WOW. BIG bottom feeder, going on the road and...........! 

10 hours ago, southend said:

Um. did I see the score right? 35-6, or so. Ass kickin at Missouri? WOW. BIG bottom feeder, going on the road and...........! 

Yeah. It was 28-3 at half. Purdue coasted through the 2nd half. Most important stat was on D. Mizzou was limited to 200 yards of offense and their leading rusher had 19 yards on 10 carries. Coach Brohm and Coach Holt have been worth every penny and are phenomenal coaches. Every single transfer and Juco has made an impact at this point. Kai Higgins made a big play with a fumble recovery and WR Corey Holmes got to show off his blazing speed.

Extremely impressed with Coach Brohm and this quick Purdue turnaround.  Will be interesting to see if this translates into recruiting success down the road for the Boilers.  PU has been dead last 3 years running in Big Ten recruiting, the horrific legacy of Darrell Hazell.  

Brohm looks like a future NFL Head Coach to me.  Hopefully Purdue can hold on to him long enough to get the program fully back on track and stable for a productive future.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, DrivenT said:

Extremely impressed with Coach Brohm and this quick Purdue turnaround.  Will be interesting to see if this translates into recruiting success down the road for the Boilers.  PU has been dead last 3 years running in Big Ten recruiting, the horrific legacy of Darrell Hazell.  

Brohm looks like a future NFL Head Coach to me.  Hopefully Purdue can hold on to him long enough to get the program fully back on track and stable for a productive future.

This current recruiting class is already  better than any of Hazell's classes. Currently it's ranked 11th out of 14 and has been in and out of the top 50. Just a few days ago Purdue received a commitment from the #1 OLB JUCO, ranked 37th overall among JUCOs. Notice that he's already rocking a Purdue jersey!

Screenshot_20170920-130307.png

Edited by Andy G

It will be interesting to see how the recruiting battle shapes up between Brohm and Tom Allen.  Allen being a former Indiana high school head coach has a built in advantage, but I think Brohm has a better story to sell with the Purdue program.  Brohm's NFL background will also give him an edge with the kids who are looking to play in the pros.  

The Big Ten West is very weak.  Wisconsin is elite but everybody else in that division can be beaten.  Purdue should make a quick rise towards the top and should be playing for a division title within 3 years under Brohm.  

IU has no such path in the East, unfortunately.  

Heard Paul Finebaum say today that a lot of people think Brohm will be "one & done" at Purdue. They think he's really going places, and West Lafayette is not the destination.

Perhaps about 120 mi. northeast?

Easy to say that, but I do not think he would be a 1 and done guy, even at ND.   

Notre Dame needs to run the triple Option and bring in Paul Johnson 

7 minutes ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Now you're just trying to irritate me. :12_v:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, bobref said:

Heard Paul Finebaum say today that a lot of people think Brohm will be "one & done" at Purdue. They think he's really going places, and West Lafayette is not the destination.

Perhaps about 120 mi. northeast?

God I hope not. I'm not sure what Purdue has done to deserve that kind of bad karma, other than have an ACL curse and win 9 games in 4 years. He might end up an hour Southeast actually.

Edited by Andy G

4 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Easy to say that, but I do not think he would be a 1 and done guy, even at ND.   

Now you are talking. THIS^^^^^^^^

I snagged some tickets for Homecoming Saturday, gonna be a scorcher, but really looking forward to watching and supporting a great effort, win lose or draw.