• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

Head Coach Openings 2017   10/17/2016

Frankton: Randy England  Bobby Ryan Promoted  Franklin Community:  Adam Reese  Chris Coll hired from Tri-West Martinsville: Brad Rose  Carter Whitson Hired  Lake Central: Brett St. Germain Tony Bartolomeo Promoted South Bend Clay: Craig Redman  Will Porter Hired from South Vermilion  Boone Grove:  Tony Tinkel   Dan Kukulski Promoted  Mooresville:  Chad Dockery Mike Gillin hired from Indian Creek Wood Memorial:  Caleb Cherry/Archer  Bret Kramer Hired Tippecanoe Valley:  Shriver/Norris   Stephen Moriarty  Hired Corydon Central:  Andrew Smith    Aaron Humphrey Hired Calumet New Tech:  Rik Richards  Rick Good Hired  Winamac:  Tim Roth Craig Barr Hired   Tri-West: Chris Coll Tyler Bruce Promoted North Central (Indy): Kevin Kreinhagen Kevin O'Shea hired from Lafayette Central Catholic Indy Chatard:  Vince Lorenzano Rob Doyle Promoted Paoli: Brian Balsmeyer Jeremy Lowery Promoted Mt. Vernon (Fortville): Doug Armstrong  Neil Kazmierczak  Hired from Lebanon  Bluffton: Randy Hudgins Brett Kunkel Hired Indian Creek: Mike Gillin Brett Cooper Hired Vincennes Lincoln:  Jon Heiden  Levi Salters Promoted  Frankfort:  Joel Sienicki Eric Davis Hired from Tri-County South Vermillion:  Will Porter  Greg Barrett hired from North Putnam Riverton Parke:  Jake Weber Brad Sanders Promoted Elkhart Central:  Levon Johnson Josh Shattuck hired from Seymour Mt. Vernon (Posey) Paul Meirer Cory Brunson hired from Evansville Harrison Richmond:  Matt Holeva  Abe Tawfeek hired from Indy Northwest Lebanon:    Neil Kazmierczak Jeff Smock Hired North White:  Jim Davis Kirk Quasebarth Promoted  North Posey:   Paul Rynkiewich  Waylon Schenk hired from Princeton  Pike Central:  Dustin Powell   Erik Mattingly Hired  John Glenn:  Damon Groves Austin Faust Promoted North Putnam:  Greg Barrett Sam Carnes Hired  Lafayette Central Catholic: Kevin O'Shea Don Coller Promoted  Evansville Harrison: Cory Brunson Lane Oxley Hired Indianapolis Roncalli:  Bruce Scifres Scott Marsh Promoted  Anderson Prep Academy: Jeffrey Dorman Randy Albano Hired Princeton:   Waylon Schenk   Jared Maners Hired Ft. Wayne North:  Mike Cochran Michael Brevard Hired Turkey Run:  Steve Stewart Bruce Scaggs Hired Indianapolis Northwest:   Abe Tawfeek Jonas Williams Promoted Tri-County:  Eric Davis  Sam Zachary Hired Carroll Community:  Mark Brown Kevin Sayler Promoted  Oldenburg Academy:  Wes Gillman  Union County:  Rusty Hensley Joel Hofmann promoted Edgewood: Jerry Bland Brian Rosenburg Hired Seymour:  Josh Shattuck  Michael Kelly Hired Wawasee:  Josh Ekovich Michael Eshbach hired from Eastside Muncie Central:  Adam Morris Scott Pethtel Hired Benton Central:  Ed Roberson  Mike Hammons  Promoted  Western:  Ron Jankovich Alex Stewart Hired New Castle:  Will Ragle  Kyle York Hired Sullivan:  Trent Olson Blaine Powell promoted Northwestern:  Alex Stewart Steve Disler hired  Clinton Central:  Isaac Sturgis Justin Gardiner Hired North Miami:  Mark Lefebvre  Joe Grant Hired from Rochester Spring Valley Justin Scheller Mark Hammond Hired  Edinburgh:  Derrick Ball  Jason Burton Hired Eastside: Michael Eshbach Steve Cooley promoted Rochester: Joe Grant Brian Hooker Hired Cloverdale: Tony Meyer Tom Winder Promoted Hammond Clark: Eric Schreiber  Hammond Noll:  Colin McCullough  Wayne Racine hired Lake Station:  Adam Hudak   South Central:  Eric Stephens Buzz Schoff Hired  Caston:  Brady Jones  Tony Slocum Promoted  
Sign in to follow this  
Andy G

2017 Boilermaker Football

21 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I snagged some tickets for Homecoming Saturday, gonna be a scorcher, but really looking forward to watching and supporting a great effort, win lose or draw.   

Really wish that I didn't work tomorrow. It better be a barn burner.

Hey, I don't know about you guys, but I'm ready for an Indiana team to pull a BIG upset. It's been a looooong time. 

Good luck Boilers today!

On 9/21/2017 at 9:53 PM, Coach Nowlin said:

I snagged some tickets for Homecoming Saturday, gonna be a scorcher, but really looking forward to watching and supporting a great effort, win lose or draw.   

You darn celebrities always manage to get tickets!   Hope Purdue can beat Michigan.

On 9/21/2017 at 3:21 PM, bobref said:

Heard Paul Finebaum say today that a lot of people think Brohm will be "one & done" at Purdue. They think he's really going places, and West Lafayette is not the destination.

Perhaps about 120 mi. northeast?

Is Hazell available for ND?  Brady Hoke?  Rich Rodriguez?  Maybe Charlie Weiss can come back?  Steal Pagano from the Colts?

It was a loss, but it was nice to see West Lafayette rockin again! 

Agree.  That place has been a ghost town for many years.  Ross Ade looks great on TV in the late afternoon with a full house.  And those beautiful maize and blue winged helmets and Bo Schembechler era all white road unis made this look like an old school Big Ten game from the 70s.  Didnt care however for the silly silver PU helmets.  The traditional gold are much sharper.  

RIP Joe Tiller

Was very fortunate to be a student during the Tiller/Brees era and subsequent other great players.   So many memories.   Coach Tiller earned every and all praise sent his way and redefined offensive football in the B10

• Upvote 1

I hate making too much out of a week 5 game in Coach Brohm's first year, but he really can further cement his credibility with a home win against a mid to upper level B1G team in Minnesota. We'll face this type of game several times over the next few years and we've consistently lost this type of game the past 4 years. This is the type of game where the opponent is a bit more talented, but they're not at the top of the B1G and we're at home. Got to start beating the Minnesota's, Northwestern's, Michigan State's of the B1G to take the next step. The ability to compete with OSU, UM, PSU will come much later on.

Finishing the year 4-4 will obviously be an improvement for Purdue Football, but I think a 4-4 record in the last 8 games will be a bit of letdown from the way we've started the season.

The excitement is back.  Hitting to websites to see what the Boilers' bowl projection is back.  Basketball on grass is back.  Nowhere to go but up.  It's been a fun first month, just now time to seal the deal.  Every game, except, Wisconsin, is winnable.

I think Pee U hit the jack pot with the new coach. I'm not so sure about Fred Glass pick?at my alma mater 

At the game Saturday.  It was quite refreshing to watch an excellent 3rd quarter (following a disastrous first half) with a cold beer, albeit bottled, in my hand.  Then the rains came.  And stayed around for a bit.  Markell Jones got down to business afterward, as did Mr. Bentley.  Fun drive home.

Just 3 more to bowl eligibility, my take:

at Wisconsin--probably not

at Rutgers--do not pencil in a W here, use a Sharpie

Nebraska--home game, so I gotta say maybe.  Besides, Brohm is a far superior coach than Riley

Illinois--keep that Sharpie handy

at Northwestern--should get things done on the North Shore are the Cats are down this year

at Iowa--tossup, bring some wallpaper for their pink locker room walls

Indiana--get that Sharpie out as the Bucket makes its rightful return to West Lafayette

8-4 or 9-3: good enough for the Outback Bowl or possibly a rung higher

Boiler Up, G

OH MAN:  Love that optimism.   9-3   HOLY COW, build him a statue!!! 

His philosophy has been great this transition year.   Play very hard and execute the small things and hopefully have a game close in the 4th quarter and anything can happen!!!   

On 10/10/2017 at 2:43 PM, Coach Nowlin said:

OH MAN:  Love that optimism.   9-3   HOLY COW, build him a statue!!! 

His philosophy has been great this transition year.   Play very hard and execute the small things and hopefully have a game close in the 4th quarter and anything can happen!!!   

Thanks!  I've always been a glass half full kind of guy...

• Upvote 1

I'm not feelin it for the game at Wisky, I'm hoping for a good game, but most of all no serious injuries for the Boilers to go forward. Roster is thin enough. 

1 hour ago, southend said:

I'm not feelin it for the game at Wisky, I'm hoping for a good game, but most of all no serious injuries for the Boilers to go forward. Roster is thin enough. 

I'm with you (this is where my optimism usually wanes) as I'm sure they'll have a back no one has heard of will torch us for 300 yards.

Badgers generally bludgeon the Boilers.  I think Brohm figures out a way to keep it reasonably close.  42-21 type game.  

I was in attendance at Camp Randall when Ben Jones and Kyle Orton led squad, Jones hit the  game winning FG as time expired.  It was Madtown USA Homecoming and I just kept saying to myself, thank god I didn't know this place existed while in H.S. I may have been a Badger instead of a Boilermaker. 

My brother went to D3 school in Wisconsin, played a few years and started coaching etc up that way, he got 2 free tickets to 1 game a year being part of the association up there.  That was the free ticket game 

1 hour ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I was in attendance at Camp Randall when Ben Jones and Kyle Orton led squad, Jones hit the  game winning FG as time expired.  It was Madtown USA Homecoming and I just kept saying to myself, thank god I didn't know this place existed while in H.S. I may have been a Badger instead of a Boilermaker. 

My brother went to D3 school in Wisconsin, played a few years and started coaching etc up that way, he got 2 free tickets to 1 game a year being part of the association up there.  That was the free ticket game 

UW's gotta be one of the prettiest campuses in the B1G.  Madison is a great town, and Wisconsin is an awesome state.  My wife wants to retire there.  Not sure about that one...

my inlaws did.   well sorta,  Mother in law still drives to the burbs and cuts hair 3 days a week,  father in law stays in Wisconsin full time, they rent out their Naperville Home.  They had been weekend wisconsin warriors for 30 + years.   Love the area, Williams Bay, nice quiet lil town on Lake Geneva 

51 minutes ago, Gipper said:

UW's gotta be one of the prettiest campuses in the B1G.  Madison is a great town, and Wisconsin is an awesome state.  My wife wants to retire there.  Not sure about that one...

I am drawn to Wisconsin myself.  Spent several fishing /family vacations on the Wisconsin/Upper Peninsula border as a young boy.  Drove thru Green Bay one year on the way back, stopped at Lambeau Field and got a personal tour of the Packers lockerroom by none other than Bart Starr.  

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, DrivenT said:

I am drawn to Wisconsin myself.  Spent several fishing /family vacations on the Wisconsin/Upper Peninsula border as a young boy.  Drove thru Green Bay one year on the way back, stopped at Lambeau Field and got a personal tour of the Packers lockerroom by none other than Bart Starr.  

You probably passed my mom's station wagon on I-43.  Been doing the same thing my whole life. 

• Upvote 1