• Announcements

• Coach Nowlin

HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   10/31/2017

CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks  Rushville:  Scott McMurray  Cathedral: Rick Strieff:  Bill Peebles Hired from Lawrence Central  South Spencer:  Tom Packer  Bishop Dwenger:  Chris Svarczkopf Maconaquah: Mark Hartman  Anderson High School:  Robert Brown  Highland:  Trent Grinder  Southern Wells:  Steve Yencer  Warsaw:  Phil Jenson Lawrence Central:  Bill Peebles  Eastern Hancock:  Jim O'hara  Tri-Central:  George Gilbert  Franklin County:  Kirk Kennedy  Hobart:  Ryan Turley
Sign in to follow this  
Andy G

2017 Boilermaker Football

13 hours ago, southend said:

Anyone heading out west, California that is. For the beat down of Arizona?

Haven’t decided yet.  Airfares are on the high side, at least $500 from Chicago.

2 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Cancelled my hotel rooms in Nashville :18_v:

The Nashville CRAZE! Iowa coaches and administrators lobbied hard for the country music capitol this year. You guys goin GaGa over the music city. Might be the start of something BIG! Might replace one of the big 4 bowls next! But I hear San Fran is pretty out there this time of year. I think, I know now, it just hit me. You're savin it for Pasadena! Next year. Ok two trips to golden st. two years in a row = California over load. I get it now.

only true regret I had in college is not spending the $1400 to go to Rose bowl while all my buddies did.......    Figured we'd be back in short order time..... 

YUP 

4 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

only true regret I had in college is not spending the $1400 to go to Rose bowl while all my buddies did.......    Figured we'd be back in short order time..... 

YUP 

Never had the opportunity either, I started after '67 rose bowl team at IU. Can you imagine 50 years since rose  bowl ?WoW. But I didn't pass up the national championships in Basketball.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

Cancelled my hotel rooms in Nashville :18_v:

Thanks for the reminder!!!

16 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

YUP 

I was at the 2001 Rose Bowl (and 2000 Outback before Sparty started whining).  Maybe I’m bad luck for the Boilers which is why I’m beginning to call my Northern California trek into question.

18 hours ago, southend said:

The Nashville CRAZE! Iowa coaches and administrators lobbied hard for the country music capitol this year. You guys goin GaGa over the music city. Might be the start of something BIG! Might replace one of the big 4 bowls next! But I hear San Fran is pretty out there this time of year. I think, I know now, it just hit me. You're savin it for Pasadena! Next year. Ok two trips to golden st. two years in a row = California over load. I get it now.

San Francisco’s great, but very expensive: flights, hotels, rental cars, food.

23 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

YUP 

Yep. I was a Junior that year.  One of the guys in our group was was from the Bay Area. To this day I hear stories of them flying out to see his family in San Fran and driving an RV down the coast to eventually setting up next to the Rose Bowl. 

• Upvote 1

Was hoping they would play in Nashville. My wife and I are friends with a couple who live in nearby Murfreesboro, so free lodging. Maybe next year.

I want to shoot higher next year.   Outback bowl works for this guy  

Steep has set up an official visit.   Currently ZERO RB verbals and 2 good RB graduating next year.   

His Center is going to Bama and he also has set up official visit there.   USC probably a player too.  

8 hours ago, Coach Nowlin said:

I want to shoot higher next year.   Outback bowl works for this guy  

Steep has set up an official visit.   Currently ZERO RB verbals and 2 good RB graduating next year.   

His Center is going to Bama and he also has set up official visit there.   USC probably a player too.  

247sports basically has him as a lock to commit to Purdue. Let's hope so.

I believe he is, they earned a verbal from DB at Ben Davis, I think that is 1st Ben Davis kid they have gotten in 40 some years from reports after they got it.   Prioritized Karlaftis right in their back yard and have been after Kiser heavily as well.   Pulled the Defensive Line Mr. Football winner this past year from Snider, 3 star kid named Johnson.   

from b10 media day: min 1:40 in:    http://www.wisfarmer.com/videos/sports/2017/07/25/jeff-brohm-offensive-line-recruiting-indiana/103980148/

Said priority to make Indianapolis important again and be present and visible.   

I will mention it to him next time we rub some elbows. 

Iowa has gotten some good ones from Indy area for last few years,   I think Jewell Hampton Warren Central comes to mind.   I know Iowa is all in on Kiser too