• Announcements

    • Coach Nowlin

      HEAD COACH OPENING 2018   11/01/2017

      CONFIRMED HEAD COACH CHANGES IN 2018 Lafayette Central Catholic;  Don Collier  Kankakee Valley:  Zack Prairie  Valparaiso:  Dave Coyle  Evansville North:  Brett Szabo  Hamilton Southeastern:  Scott May Peru:  Bob Prescott  North Daviees:  Scott Helms  Evansville Central:  Andy Owens  River Forest: Austen Robison  Shelbyville:  Pat Parks 
Sign in to follow this  
CGFan

Center Grove vs New Pal

Recommended Posts

The reasoning in the article, for the end of the Whiteland series, is due to it not being a competitive series. You would have to think that the same will happen when these two teams face off. I am hoping for great matchups, and would love to see this becoming a rivalry, but would honestly be shocked if that happens. I do know that coach Ralph will have his teams as prepared as possible for these games. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

New pal had a great great team for .two years, that 'may' have been able to compete with CG during those seasons for maybe a half or three quarters.   I think the reason NP may have been able to compete with cg for a half during  NP's run was because cg is usually beat up with the mic schedule.  I am really surprised that CG agreed to this series  Maybe if Eric Moore wasn't there and the cg program was like a franklin central program ( similar enrollments but just a ho hum  h.s. fb program like fc) then yeah maybe it would be competitive. 

Edited by MuleDriver
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MuleDriver said:

New pal had a great great team for .two years, that 'may' have been able to compete with CG during those seasons for maybe a half or three quarters.   I think the reason NP may have been able to compete with cg for a half during  NP's run was because cg is usually beat up with the mic schedule.  I am really surprised that CG agreed to this series  Maybe if Eric Moore wasn't there and the cg program was like a franklin central program ( similar enrollments but just a ho hum  h.s. fb program like fc) then yeah maybe it would be competitive. 

The article made it sound like CG called first. But this game will be during week 2, so unless there is a super rough Warren game then CG won't be in rough shape. But that is very possible and the WC game has hurt some of our studs in the first game of the season recently. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can bet that will be just a two year series.  Total mismatch.  NP will be looking for the exit.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Butter Bean said:

You can bet that will be just a two year series.  Total mismatch.  NP will be looking for the exit.  

I am not sure how much you know about New Pal's program, but do you know if they are supposed to be good, in their class, for the foreseeable future? Or were these last couple of seasons just a few good classes?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know much about New Pal other than they had a great class a couple of years ago.  Those groups don't come around very often.  I do know something about the Center Grove program.  How about I take CG and give you New Pal and five TDs?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hats off to New Pal for being willing to play anybody. 

  • Upvote 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grover said:

Hats off to New Pal for being willing to play anybody. 

No doubt. Agree 100%. Just don't see how CG sees this series being more competitive than Whiteland. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Both schools have tremendous coaching.  The Dude wouldn't be surprised if these games are close and on the other hand the Dude wouldn't be the least bit surprised if CG ends up out matching NP as well.  Good to see this series happen.  Good for IHSAA football.  

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I think this game is absolutely a toss-up if played 2-4 years ago.  New Pal was just that good.  

No idea how it goes down this year.  That said, Center Grove is consistently winning with a school of 2,200-2,400 kids against schools twice their size in 6A.  New Pal is roughly that much smaller against CG and seems extremely well coached (even if unmerciful against inferior opponents).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Game is still over a year away so hard to judge what kind of matchup we'll see. Just glad to see it happen instead of debating what could happen if they played. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2017 at 11:36 AM, CGFan2017 said:

The article made it sound like CG called first. But this game will be during week 2, so unless there is a super rough Warren game then CG won't be in rough shape. But that is very possible and the WC game has hurt some of our studs in the first game of the season recently. 

When isn't a Warren-Center Grove game super rough? Any time we play either of those two or Carmel, it seems someone gets banged up...no matter what happens.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

When isn't a Warren-Center Grove game super rough? Any time we play either of those two or Carmel, it seems someone gets banged up...no matter what happens.  

The best thing they did was move this game from week 9 to week 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, trojanmp52 said:

The best thing they did was move this game from week 9 to week 

Your current week 9 is no slouch, either.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BDGiant93 said:

Your current week 9 is no slouch, either.  

well said....being in the MIC, and playing New Pal and Cathedral as non-conference games, schedules don't get much tougher.  I do believe this is the last year of the Cathedral vs. CG matchup, so not sure what the future brings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.